Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Thanks for the link Steve

On a side note I got a few more things done over the past couple days

My battery died completely without warning , started fine everyday, then after driving to a friend's place , turned car off to get out abd open the garage , when I got back in everything just died , no lights, no crank, nothing

Got new battery with a 3 year warrantee qnd all Is good now thank God

Also installed a new Kenwood radio deck , has Bluetooth music and phone with a microphone , super happy with the price and Installation, shops name is Sids audio here near toronto

Also installed a a new leather shift boot and refinished the shift knob.20210928_161829.jpg20210819_162919.jpg20210819_162928.jpg20210928_161821.jpg20210928_161822.jpg

Polished up the VIPER panels on both sides

The screws I showed earlier are also a match here if yours are looking weathered like mine wereScreenshot_20210928-165148_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210928-165205_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210928-165632_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210928-165638_Gallery.jpg20210928_144041.jpg

Also noticed the rubber boot in the shifter is torn to shreds, gonna order a new one and install I when I do a short shifter

Was rally nasty and filthy under there, I'm probably the first one to open it up

Other then that I'm really happy with the progress and how's its coming along

Also got my new air and heating blower with register, hope to gave that installed soon

20210928_154527.jpg20210928_161919.jpg20210928_162642.jpg20210928_164458.jpg20210928_164502.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    Ontario

Cool

Hi Guys, after 6yrs of driving corvette convertible. Finally jump to an 04 Viper Convertible, Mamba edition. What a beautiful machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goddard View Post
    Hi Guys, after 6yrs of driving corvette convertible. Finally jump to an 04 Viper Convertible, Mamba edition. What a beautiful machine.
    nice mike, post some photos

what part of ontario are you from?

toronto area here

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    Ontario
    Blackstock Ontario, close to Port Perry. 1/2 hour north of Oshawa.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goddard View Post
    Looks amazing, really like the paint scheme on it

Can you guys tell me if my battery set up looks right ?

The dealer said in the report the battery holder is not correct

I also noticed the clp down bolt is either stripped or not the right fit

Lastly anyway to remove the whole battery tray ,? I need to refinish it , it's rusted a bit

Thanks

20210929_123253.jpg20210929_123257.jpg20210929_121321.jpg

I’m 1/2 hour from you, just north of Uxbridge.
    They’re coming to get you Barbara.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    Ontario
    We should catch up somewhere, like to meet a few Viper owners.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    Ontario
    Thank you. I will get a few interior pics

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    Ontario
    Interior pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Awesome looking Ride Mike and Welcome aboard !
    We have a Fall Cruise this Saturday starting out your way , Hoping you can join us !
    Charter Member ,

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Willy1 View Post
    Can you guys tell me if my battery set up looks right ?

The dealer said in the report the battery holder is not correct

I also noticed the clp down bolt is either stripped or not the right fit

Lastly anyway to remove the whole battery tray ,? I need to refinish it , it's rusted a bit

Thanks
    Battery tray looks the same as what's on mine. Hold down is definitely the same. If the nut/bolt holding it in place isn't doing its job, that'll need to be addressed. Not sure if the whole tray comes out or not...never tried. If it were mine, I'd sure try to find a way to get it out to get it properly prepped and repainted.

Not sure what the OEM battery cables and terminals look like, but those look nothing like what came stock on my Gen 4. Mine were top post, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with side post.

Here's an idea of what you could do if you wanted something different: https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...tery-Terminals

But if what you have works, probably just best to leave it.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    Battery tray looks the same as what's on mine. Hold down is definitely the same. If the nut/bolt holding it in place isn't doing its job, that'll need to be addressed. Not sure if the whole tray comes out or not...never tried. If it were mine, I'd sure try to find a way to get it out to get it properly prepped and repainted.

Not sure what the OEM battery cables and terminals look like, but those look nothing like what came stock on my Gen 4. Mine were top post, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with side post.

Here's an idea of what you could do if you wanted something different: https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...tery-Terminals

I think those are OEM cables but last owner just got rid of the top-post mounting ends

Side-post probably makes more sense given how close it is to the top of the trunk lid anyways

I couldn't figure out how to remove my battery tray so I just wire-brushed it in the car and then POR-15'd it. Good enough!

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
    Side-post probably makes more sense given how close it is to the top of the trunk lid anyways
    My thoughts exactly.

Enthusiast
    She’s a beauty! Love everything about it.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    Ontario
    Thank you, look forward to meeting you Saturday morning

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post

I think those are OEM cables but last owner just got rid of the top-post mounting ends

I couldn't figure out how to remove my battery tray so I just wire-brushed it in the car and then POR-15'd it. Good enough!
    Good to know Thanks guys

I used a wire wheels and sandpaper to remove the rust, then brushed on a rust paint, looks alot better but I would prefer getting the whole tray out to do it properly

Anyways made some more progress

Installed a new air blower and resistor, both were finished

Blower was rusted abd would barely spin, resistor visibly failed as well.

Still won't blow AC gotta deal with that in the spring

20211018_161505.jpg20211018_162504.jpg20211002_171447.jpg20211002_184811.jpg

while you're there make sure the negative cable attachment to the frame is tight.

I just spent 4weeks chasing electrical gremlin - sometimes my car would start fine, sometimes the starter would just click, and other times I'd randomly lose power. I replaced the battery and it worked for a little while before my problems returned. Then I replaced the starter and it worked for a little while before the problems came back. Then I found that the negative/frame connection had became loose and was causing all my problems, grrrrrr.

not sure if mentioned but you should pull the rear wheels and check the e-brake pads. the ebrake is known to not disengage all the way and can cause the pads to drag. If you use the e-brake a lot, this can become an issue very quickly. If you don't catch it in time and the pads wear through, you'll be looking at new rotors instead of just replacing the ebrake pads. someone who knows more about it than i do will probably chime in. When i bought my viper and started reading about it i pulled the wheels and checked my pads and thankfully did so because i was probably not too long off from damaging the rotors. i put new ebrake pads on and now i just leave the car in gear when i park and don't use the e-brake. living in florida where virtually everything is flat is a big plus to not having to use that e-brake.
    2006 SRT10 Black Coupe

while you're there make sure the negative cable attachment to the frame is tight.

I just spent 4weeks chasing electrical gremlin - sometimes my car would start fine, sometimes the starter would just click, and other times I'd randomly lose power. I replaced the battery and it worked for a little while before my problems returned. Then I replaced the starter and it worked for a little while before the problems came back. Then I found that the negative/frame connection had became loose and was causing all my problems, grrrrrr.
    Thanks for the heads up, this was an issue on my vette as well

I will take a closer look , one of the wires looks somewhat frayed as well near where it meets the battery

Quote Originally Posted by blankline9 View Post
    not sure if mentioned but you should pull the rear wheels and check the e-brake pads. the ebrake is known to not disengage all the way and can cause the pads to drag. If you use the e-brake a lot, this can become an issue very quickly. If you don't catch it in time and the pads wear through, you'll be looking at new rotors instead of just replacing the ebrake pads. someone who knows more about it than i do will probably chime in. When i bought my viper and started reading about it i pulled the wheels and checked my pads and thankfully did so because i was probably not too long off from damaging the rotors. i put new ebrake pads on and now i just leave the car in gear when i park and don't use the e-brake. living in florida where virtually everything is flat is a big plus to not having to use that e-brake.
    Thanks I'll look into it , I use mine 100% of the time even when parked flat, just a habit I guess
    Last edited by 1Willy1; 10-25-2021 at 02:07 AM.

Hey guys , would like to do some maintenance over the winter months

Plugs forsure , possibly wires as well, although I know it's a big job I'll have to have a shop do it for me

Does anyone know the exact spark plug and wire I should use ? I tend to prefer stock

Thanks

Ordered NGK 3459

The wires I want to make sure are done right the first time, are NGK blue wires any good? Should I just go stock ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Car boggs slightly in low RPM once in a while

Thanks guy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast