Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Willy1 View Post
    And sorry for all the questions guys, wondering how to check the Tpms pressures? I dont see any way to do it on the dash which is the whole point of having them lol
    The Gen 3/4 TPMS system is a very simple one.

TPMS Light = low tire pressure, but it doesn't tell you which one(s), or what the pressures are.

The information is reported by each of the sensors to the TPMS module, but the car can't display it on the dash. There's nothing you can do to fix that, short of adding a third party display of some sort that does.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Thanks for the info

I have the low pressure light but it's because two tpms sensors are shot , dealer dudjt say which ones

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Might want to read through this thread: https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/26973-New-TPMS
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Thanks steve

Makimg good progress on the paint

Wet sanding the panels 1 by 1, with 1000-1500-2000 then polishing out to high gloss
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1Willy1; 06-20-2021 at 05:06 AM.

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    One thing not been talked about yet is Viper Batteries, Vipers have a tendency to eat batteries, pcm memory, alarm radio memory eem all drain the battery. Its good practice to keep your Viper battery plugged into a good trickle charger when returning home from a drive out.

Get yourself a good smart charger like a Battery Tender, fit the small extension leads supplied so you can quickly plug your battery into the charger and keep the battery in good condition. All sorts of electrical gremlins rear their heads with a low power battery, from door locks not operating to error codes or alarm issues and fault codes.

I have owned my car since 2008 and only swapped out 1 Battery in all that time because I keep it on a smart charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    One thing not been talked about yet is Viper Batteries, Vipers have a tendency to eat batteries, pcm memory, alarm radio memory eem all drain the battery. Its good practice to keep your Viper battery plugged into a good trickle charger when returning home from a drive out.

Get yourself a good smart charger like a Battery Tender, fit the small extension leads supplied so you can quickly plug your battery into the charger and keep the battery in good condition. All sorts of electrical gremlins rear their heads with a low power battery, from door locks not operating to error codes or alarm issues and fault codes.

I have owned my car since 2008 and only swapped out 1 Battery in all that time because I keep it on a smart charger.

Thanks for the advice, it's really weird, side by side comparison my vette is better then the viper in every way..... yet I drive the viper daily and haven't touched the vette in weeks

I was actually thinking of getting a trickle charger for the vette lol

Speaking of batteries thr dealer said my battery clamp might not be original and It was loose.

Is there a good aftermarket strap I could use to hold this down ?

Do you track guys upgrade it or just keep it stock ?

Almost finished my paint correction, took a break and did the door panels

They were faded, worn out and looking real tired.

Fixed a cigarette burn on passenger side , sanded them down, redyed them in a nice black, then resprayed them in a matte clear .

Also polished the handles and resprayed the speaker covers in a satin black finish

In photos I'm not sure how drastic the change is, but in person its night and day, brought them right back to life

I'll be doing my shifter knob and steering wheel next , as well as the whole back splash area
    Last edited by 1Willy1; 07-04-2021 at 11:16 PM.

Last edited by 1Willy1; 08-20-2021 at 02:11 AM.

VOA Member
    since 2015
    United Kingdom
    Great work so far blue may have brightened things up a bit so there's not too much black, I really like the blue accents on my 2006 first edition

interior.jpg

Thanks sonic

I agree the blue accents do look good forsure

I might mix in some high gloss black with matte black for mine

I'm going to respray the dash and radio/shifter panels a nice high gloss polished black

Once I figure out how to get them on and off

Finally made some good progress , my BC coilovers arrived after a 2 month wait

Love it, huge improvement in ride quality and the adjustable height is exactly what I needed20210910_141006.jpg20210910_140958.jpg

Finally made some good progress , my BC coilovers arrived after a 2 month wait

Love it, huge improvement in ride quality and the adjustable height is exactly what I needed20210910_141006.jpg20210910_140958.jpg
    Looks great!
    Did you upgrade to the Swift springs? What spring rates did you go with?
    Brian E

Quote Originally Posted by Brian E View Post
    Looks great!
    Did you upgrade to the Swift springs? What spring rates did you go with?
    Thanks Brian

No I didn't actually, I wasn't sure if they are worth it or not

I went with 12k and 14k , after a 2 month wait they told me it will be another 4 to 6 weeks so I scrapped that and went with 10k abd 12k, which are the regular springs they come with ,and they arrived the following week.

It's a huge step up from.the stock units , I'm dialed in at 4 clicks to hard , will go a few more clicks in a couple days

I can always upgrade to Swift springs in the future so no rush

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    That looks really, really nice. That color is awesome, and the stance is perfect.

Looks great and so nice to see it brought back to life and glory. Great work!

Great job on the paint restore. Car looks great.

Now maybe time for a little added protection ..ceramic coat and/or PPF?

My Viper has CQuartz ceramic coat everywhere and Expel PPF on the front. It's worked great.

On the Porsche I've been running a grand experiment routinely using P&S Beadmaker over the entire car.
    The shine is every bit as good as the Viper, but the protection to the front is definitely lacking.

True confession: Am also using P&S Beadmaker on the Viper ..over the PPF and the ceramic coat and the shine is amazing.
    Garage looks like a damn show room.

Congrats and keep up the good work.
    2008 Viper SRT-10 Very Viper Orange Coupe * The Orange Lure (Black On Orange)
    2015 Porsche - Mid-Engine Cayman w/PDK / Black * The Black Caiman (Orange On Black)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    That looks really, really nice. That color is awesome, and the stance is perfect.
    Thanks Steve , appreciate it

The coilovers have now "settled" and it's even lower now, love the look, gotta be very careful on bumps as it does scrape

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Looks great and so nice to see it brought back to life and glory. Great work!
    Thanks viperjon, still some work to do but it's coming along

Quote Originally Posted by viperBase1 View Post
    Great job on the paint restore. Car looks great.

Now maybe time for a little added protection ..ceramic coat and/or PPF?

My Viper has CQuartz ceramic coat everywhere and Expel PPF on the front. It's worked great.

On the Porsche I've been running a grand experiment routinely using P&S Beadmaker over the entire car.
    The shine is every bit as good as the Viper, but the protection to the front is definitely lacking.

True confession: Am also using P&S Beadmaker on the Viper ..over the PPF and the ceramic coat and the shine is amazing.
    Garage looks like a damn show room.

Congrats and keep up the good work.
    Thanks viperbase , only reason the car hasn't been ceramic coated yet is because I'm getting two white racing stripes put on , the shop told me to ceramic coat AFTER they are installed.

Got PPF on my vette and it does do a great job , might give expel a call

Never heard of p&s beadmaker I'll look into it

For some reason the foot pedals on my car looked like trash

Went to town on them, they turned out great

Might do my gas pedal next20210923_104400.jpg20210923_104357.jpg20210923_104621.jpg20210923_104618.jpg

After shots

I also did the stems , sanded them down, painted them black and clear coated them

Not sure why the site spun the photos sideways .....

20210923_124829.jpg20210923_124828.jpg20210923_124825.jpg20210923_130554.jpg20210923_130534.jpg

Trying to replace all the weathered screws nuts and bolts

Started with the wheel wells and rear license plate

Screws for the wheel wells are 10x 3/4 , metal screws

The license plate ones are metric M6x20 hex head screws

20210926_180056.jpg20210927_181708.jpg20210926_175454.jpg20210926_175329.jpg
    Last edited by 1Willy1; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:23 PM.

On a side note my car is so low I already ripped off the bolts on the passenger side rocker panel, I bieve the fenake end is stripped , does anyone know what clips I need to buy or what the part number might be?

I'll check the dealer but they are usually useless

Also picked up some brand new lug nuts and oem Mopar leather shift boots

I have two extra leather shift boots brand new in bag if anyone needs one, $75 shipped to your door

Also have 1 extra pack of bolts , $45 shipped

Thanks

20210926_150857.jpg20210926_152143.jpg20210927_172525.jpgIMG-98293fff115689a0c89b431feb8a66ff-V.jpg

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    After shots

I also did the stems , sanded them down, painted them black and clear coated them

Not sure why the site spun the photos sideways .....
    I'm sure it'll be fine, but those pedals are textured for a reason. The last thing you want is your foot slipping off of either. Doesn't matter quite so much for the gas pedal.

Yep its something I was concerned about too, Dry it will be fine, it's when your feet are wet , if it's raining it could be an issue.

Originally I was just going to clean them with a wire wheel but it still looked horrible

I'm going to customize something in the holes of the pedals

Edit- if anyone has a link for a good aftermarket set of pedals I'd be interested to see it
    Last edited by 1Willy1; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:29 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast