Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: T/A Thread

Vipes,
    That's definitely true for the 2014s and factory ordered SRT TA1/TA2 package cars.

Group cars would only show under optional equipment.
    To make things worse... there are GTC TA package cars that are labeled GTC on the paperwork and package under optional equipment.

So to make things more simple... if it has a TA number... it's a TA.

That's all, it's not an attack on people or "this is better than that".

Thanks Donk! I was able to confirm this with the FCA and what you said above is 100% correct. There seems to be lots of confusion on this subject and I think the FCA could have done a better job with this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
    Thanks Donk! I was able to confirm this with the FCA and what you said above is 100% correct.
    Haha! Awesome. This is going into my sig for future reference! 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Simon930 View Post
    Blantent false advertising. He even says it's a GTS.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon930 View Post
    Lol, where is policy limits, he is right about viper values going up. Should have just rounded it off to 200k since it's a "special edition rare 2015 TA"

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Why the green accents on that car? Terrible all the way around - misleading auction title, misleading vehicle description (it obviously doesn't have "all the TA options with that hideous green X brace), and even if his price has in Canadian dollars he's still crazy. All with the low miles of 19k.

If anyone wants an actual TA with 15k miles I'll let mine go for the low sum of 140k. Maybe this guy would want to buy mine and flip it for a quick profit?!?!
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 06-03-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Why the green accents on that car? Terrible all the way around - misleading auction title, misleading vehicle description (it obviously doesn't have "all the TA options with that hideous green X brace), and even if his price has in Canadian dollars he's still crazy. All with the low miles of 19k.

If anyone wants an actual TA with 15k miles I'll let mine go for the low sum of 140k. Maybe this guy would want to buy mine and flip it for a quick profit?!?!

Wow... as much as this eBay auction is amusing, I'd still like to see it sell for that bc I love these cars so much. I'll sell my Viper when Ferrari pulls their head out of there a$$ and starts making a proper manual available again. The majority of sports car consumers aren't race car drivers needing paddles ya prancing pansies... until then, this is what I'll do to you everytime you pull up next to me on the freeway
    Last edited by USCDOC; 06-03-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    2002 Graphite/Silver Stripes GTS R.I.P.
    2014 TA #8/93, Bellanger HF cats and exhaust, Stereo upgrade (Sold)
    2011 Ferrari 458 Italia Red/Tan

So, I think a lot of TA owners have experienced valuation issues when either financing their cars, selling their cars to buyers with financing, or when (hopefully not) dealing with insurance claims. Obviously the TA falls under the SRT trim, and only using the SRT trim to value the cars is not accurate. Does the ACR have the same problem or are the valuation tools clearly showing ACR trim instead of SRT and GTS?

Is there anything we can actively do to encourage the big name valuation companies to acknowledge the difference in trim levels? I am mostly concerned that I may have an issue with value in the event of a total loss. I am not able to get a stated value policy because my gated garage does not count as "private" and Grundy and Hagerty will not offer me a policy at any price. My current company does not offer any type of stated value policy. (The redeeming quality is that I think my premiums are very reasonable for 3 full coverage vehicles, two of those being vipers)
    Current cars: 2014 Viper TA Orange // 1996 Viper GTS // 2014 Jeep GC Ecodiesel

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    With an MSRP of about 108k (TA1) or 112k (TA2), both 2017 costs, it is hard to believe that would qualify for a higher value policy than SRT overall. Many SRTs with options exceeded that amount. Value based on color will also be a difficult proposition. But good luck.

ACR has a VIN difference (C) or as a GTC (D), which have a higher starting MSRP and wider range as well. My agent wanted to have a copy of the Monroney label to cost out the policy as GTC have a very wide range of MSRP. Should have told him I didn't have one as the rates are astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    With an MSRP of about 108k (TA1) or 112k (TA2), both 2017 costs, it is hard to believe that would qualify for a higher value policy than SRT overall. Many SRTs with options exceeded that amount. Value based on color will also be a difficult proposition. But good luck.

ACR has a VIN difference (C) or as a GTC (D), which have a higher starting MSRP and wider range as well. My agent wanted to have a copy of the Monroney label to cost out the policy as GTC have a very wide range of MSRP. Should have told him I didn't have one as the rates are astronomical.
    I feel pretty fortunate to have all three of my vehicles with full coverage at like $2400/yr, i keep hearing of some really high premiums from others. I suppose I can spare a speeding ticket or two

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Mine 2017 Viper alone is more than that! With 4 cars on policy and home also. Zero tickets or accidents in last 3 years (knock on wood).

Enthusiast
    The real question is who has an orange TA they wanna sell. Under 10k miles and 1 owner please, never modded!!

Just saw this pop up on my IG feed:

https://instagram.com/p/BVWCVP4Fhmv/
    1989 911 IROC Backdate, 1995 Mercedes SL500, 1998 Bentley Continental T Mulliner, 2016 ACR-Extreme 1 of 1, 2016 Range Rover Sport, 2017 Fiat 500e

Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    The real question is who has an orange TA they wanna sell. Under 10k miles and 1 owner please, never modded!!
    The real question is how much are you willing to pay

2014 Black TA 20/33

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Wow that TT 2015 ta2 from the fast furious 8 movie should fetch some $

Quote Originally Posted by dhx View Post
    The real question is how much are you willing to pay
    Exactly. Almost everything is for sale for the right price. I would maybe let mine go for 150k but even then I'd have regrets since there are only 2 in the world in my year/color so I could never replace it.
    Venom Black Viper TA #15 ~ CM700

I'd realistically let mine go for $125k CDN. If you don't like the price, go buy another one... oh wait...
    Last edited by donk_316; 06-20-2017 at 12:02 PM.

I'll sell my Black TA
    2014 SRT Viper TA #14 of 33
    TSItrailers.com

I'll sell mine for a realistic price of 100k

VE Heads and Cam Package, only 7k miles, and full ceramic pro and clear bra
    2014 Viper TA #13/33 Viper Exchange Heads and Cam Package (700whp)
    2016 Golf R (700whp World's Fastest Golf R 10.3 @137)
    2008 Lamborghini Superleggera Twin Turbo (Nth Moto Built 2,000whp+)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by yumaverick View Post

What additionally is done to your car to make 700whp? I thought all of the VE H&C cars were making 650-660ish?

Quote Originally Posted by yumaverick View Post

That's legit. I said when I got my Orange TA I wouldn't let it go for under 100k with 2600 miles, ceramic tints around suntek ultimate with stage 2 and the custom titanium catback. I have yet to paint correct and nano coat but that was in my pricing and a certain few constant fence sitters and arm chair analysts thought it's an insane valuation. If people pay 90ish for one owner no mods, there are also people paying more for a dealer package, full paint protection etc because the ROI is awesome for them.

I'm NOT selling and I'm trying to LOWER my value this very week by passing the viper dreaded "5k mile" mark. It's been a stigma since the old gens and it was community created diminishing the inherent strengths of the cars super longevity. Nothing out there looks good to me for the foreseeable future. The ultimate drivers car ends with the viper imo.
    Current: 2018 Grigio Lynx Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2, 2018 Audi A5 Sportback & 2016 SRT Jeep Past: 2015 Venon Black Viper GT, 2014 Viper Orange TA 2000 Red Viper ACR

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by donk_316 View Post
    I'd realistically let mine go for $125k. If you don't like the price, go buy another one... oh wait...
    Didn't you post in another thread you were thinking about selling for $95K?
    1992 RT/10 - The One & Only FIRST
    2002 ACR - Graphite / Silver Stripe 1 of 22
    2017 GTS-R - The Most Amazing and The Last

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    I think people are driving this generation more than in the past and they seems to swap hands more frequently so low mileage original owner cars are going to be hard to find in 5 years. Mine will never be low mileage but if it ever comes time to sell at least I'm the original owner!

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast