Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    Had mine on Quickjacks for 3 days without issue. I have the 7000 model though.
    2014 GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    I’m starting a decent sized project on the viper and intend to take my time, doing a few hours a day after work.
    Can I keep the car suspended on the quick jacks for days on end? Should I lower it so the load is not the metal?
    You can leave it lifted for ever and it wont fail.
    I have left my viper on it for days at a time. I left a s2000 on them for a whole winter basically lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZ-CcF0_MY
    Jon
    2013 Viper GTS w/Track Pack --- 2018 Tesla P3D+ --- 2001 S2000 --- 2013 Limited F-150 --- 2013 Polaris Pro-R --- 2009 XR1200 --- 2018 Grom --- 1991 Honda Beat

oh wow. That's like 6 Vipers. I feel better now.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded &2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    NY/CT
    I actually bought the 5,000 lbs version on a crazy sale a few years ago, but never used it (yet). Question for the people that use theirs - what is the deal with hydraulic fluid? Does any of it leak out when you disconnect hoses? How messy does it get every time you need to connect or disconnect hoses to the pump?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by ek1 View Post
    I actually bought the 5,000 lbs version on a crazy sale a few years ago, but never used it (yet). Question for the people that use theirs - what is the deal with hydraulic fluid? Does any of it leak out when you disconnect hoses? How messy does it get every time you need to connect or disconnect hoses to the pump?
    There's a negligible amount of fluid leaking when you disconnect the hose. I don't even wipe the hose ends. I have some fluid leak around the fill port as there is a breather valve in there but again it's a very insignificant amount. The only issue I've had so far is losing air pressure over time.
    2014 GTS

Yeah, I might lose, literally, half a drop between all four quick connects. Honestly, that might be a gross exaggeration.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by Topplayer View Post
    You can leave it lifted for ever and it wont fail.
    I have left my viper on it for days at a time. I left a s2000 on them for a whole winter basically lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZ-CcF0_MY
    I'm still not satisfied. For me to be a believer, I want to see people laying under it. Joking of course. I love mine. You can leave something on it indefinitely. The only issue I can see about leaving it extended for a long time is the hydraulic pistons being exposed to humidity then developing surface rust...then chewing up the seals.

So do you guys feel comfortable working under the car with the quick jacks? I am going to change all the fluids soon and considering just buying one so I don’t have to take my car to a shop with a lift and can do it at my own pace.
    2016 Viper GT - Gunmetal Pearl in South Florida

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    New Jersey

I have no issues working under the car. I'm not sure why people think the hydraulics are holding the car up. They are not. Hydraulics lift the car and you lower it back onto the mechanical stops. After mine is up I usually disconnect all the lines so they aren't in the way while I'm working. The only thing that would make it come down is the actual frame coming apart, and a Viper is well below the working limit of the jacks.
    2013 GTS, Track Pack, Black/Silver
    Eat, Sleep and driveviper.com
    NJ VOA Facebook Group

Quote Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
    I have no issues working under the car. I'm not sure why people think the hydraulics are holding the car up. They are not. Hydraulics lift the car and you lower it back onto the mechanical stops. After mine is up I usually disconnect all the lines so they aren't in the way while I'm working. The only thing that would make it come down is the actual frame coming apart, and a Viper is well below the working limit of the jacks.
    I kept them attached just in case. But you’re right- they don’t hold it up.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AAA96 View Post
    So do you guys feel comfortable working under the car with the quick jacks? I am going to change all the fluids soon and considering just buying one so I don’t have to take my car to a shop with a lift and can do it at my own pace.
    If I go fully underneath, I put a jackstand under each side where I can fit them in, farther back than the point where the catch point is. Although my location is not earthquake prone, it is not unheard of, and I want to anticipate any other failure mode that has not been anticipated by the manufacturer. (My career largely entailed chasing failures and determining cause and corrective action to prevent them from happening again.)
    Jim

Nothing wrong with redundant safety measures. Although if you think about it I have never read or heard of a catastrophic failure or even injury due to a collapse or failure. And just think about the nitwits, halfwits and nowits assembling and using these things. Pretty remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Nothing wrong with redundant safety measures. Although if you think about it I have never read or heard of a catastrophic failure or even injury due to a collapse or failure. And just think about the nitwits, halfwits and nowits assembling and using these things. Pretty remarkable.
    I'm very paranoid. As a kid I was doing a diff fluid swap (head underneath axel) using my dad's old jack stands on blacktop. They were the kind that had a piece of sheet metal wrapped around the legs like this: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/ea/3f/bc/e...-used-cars.jpg.

Well, between some combination of them being old and one corner sinking in the blacktop, it twisted the jack stand enough to braces off and the car came crashing down. I literally got out from under it 10 seconds earlier- maybe less. I was clapping the dirt off my hands from sliding out.

I've been extremely paranoid after picturing a long painful death via 1995 Camaro rear differential crushing my skull while I scream and flail my legs waiting for the sweet mercy of death and the last thought in my head (no pun intended) was how I got killed by such a shitty and weak differential. Still gives me the chills

With that said, I had the car up on Quick Jacks for a week with no problems. I still will not get under it without a jack stand just in case. I kind of broke my own rule this time, but I always felt uneasy. I am also so I'm mad at myself for not having bought these years ago. It's so much more pleasant working on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    I'm very paranoid. As a kid I was doing a diff fluid swap (head underneath axel) using my dad's old jack stands on blacktop. They were the kind that had a piece of sheet metal wrapped around the legs like this: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/ea/3f/bc/e...-used-cars.jpg.

Well, between some combination of them being old and one corner sinking in the blacktop, it twisted the jack stand enough to braces off and the car came crashing down. I literally got out from under it 10 seconds earlier- maybe less. I was clapping the dirt off my hands from sliding out.

I've been extremely paranoid after picturing a long painful death via 1995 Camaro rear differential crushing my skull while I scream and flail my legs waiting for the sweet mercy of death and the last thought in my head (no pun intended) was how I got killed by such a shitty and weak differential. Still gives me the chills

With that said, I had the car up on Quick Jacks for a week with no problems. I still will not get under it without a jack stand just in case. I kind of broke my own rule this time, but I always felt uneasy. I am also so I'm mad at myself for not having bought these years ago. It's so much more pleasant working on the car.
    So maybe I’ll just use a rent it by the hour shop with a real lift, haha. Now you have me paranoid. Lol
    2016 Viper GT - Gunmetal Pearl in South Florida

I mean lifts have mechanical safety stops similar to QJ.
    If QJ mechanical safety fails and the line blows and the jack stand fails… look, it was your time lol

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    If you survived using Harbor Freight jackstands, I'd wager the likelihood that you will survive using Quickjacks is pretty good.
    2014 GTS

I need to get one of these... Should've bought one when Costco had them at a ridiculously low price...
    2016 Dodge Viper SRT

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    I bought a set about a year ago and have been very pleased with them. You can wheel them around, and they slide easily into place. I did have to buy the lower profile pads (for lack of better words) to clear my jacking points.

Great investment for the price IMO.
    Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E, 2009 ACR
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12