Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lowered Gen V Quick Jacks

Can someone help me out here? I've been back and forth on quickjacks for a year now.

1) how does this work? It says it's over 200lbs. Do I need to move 200lb jacks every time (aka, get neighbors/friends?)? Can I just leave them there and drive over them?

2) Will a lowered (lowering caps) Gen 5 clear them? I have a front splitter and ACR style one coming soon, too.
    2013 GTS- Venom Black w/ Gunmetal stripes
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded
    2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

VOA Member
    since 2014
    South Central Texas
    200 pounds is probably the shipping weight of everything in the three boxes. I believe the 5000slx (most popular model) is about 225. The racks are separate and you slide them under the car from the side.....you don't drive over them. The racks are also on rollers so you can move them easier but they do take a little strength to manipulate. You probably won't be carrying them around much unless you enjoy lifting very heavy things. I believe they'll fit under you car even lowered a bit.
    Last edited by SA Heat; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:58 PM.
    2009 Viper Red ACR w/stripe delete & black/red interior (1 of 1)
    1997 b/w GTS....sold
    2005 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, not stock

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    New Jersey

I think each side weighs around 70lbs and the pump is the rest. I can move them myself without issue, but I won't pretend they are light. They are meant to be slid under the car, not driven over. I'd imagine the piston would be damaged if you drive over then.
    I use smaller pucks on front and the larger in the rear which levels the car nicely in my garage. I have the 5000lb one and my Gen V clears it fine, but I'm stock height. I think you would need shorter jacking pucks than what came with mine of you're say 1/2" lower than stock.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    New Jersey

Alternatively, I've seen people drive onto wood first to get extra clearance for the quick jack. The 7000lb version is also taller I believe, so unless you want to use it for larger vehicles the 5000lb is the better bet.
    2013 GTS, Track Pack, Black/Silver
    Eat, Sleep and driveviper.com
    NJ VOA Facebook Group

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    I bought the 5000lb version and no regrets. I slide them under the car when I need them. It's not hard.
    Hirk
    2014 GTS track pack red with TA 1.0 Aero package.
    2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package.

I seriously doubt I can get them in with my side skirts. So I'd be driving up on low profile ramps and then lifting. I guess I'll order from Costco and see what happens

VOA Member
    since 2014
    South Central Texas
    I just bought a set of these too.... they fit in the Quickjacks channels nicely and give you a lot bigger target to hit your jacking points on than the smaller blocks that come with the QJ set. They come in 1.5 inch thickness as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Rotary-FJ2440...s%2C221&sr=8-2
    Last edited by SA Heat; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:25 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Northern California
    I use the 7k version for several years now. You can not drive over the Quickjack and slide in from the side of the car.

It slides underneath the TA(stock height) without aid. For the ACR, at track height, it doesn't clear the front jack location and the same goes for my hydraulic floor jack. Typically I slide the floor jack under the rear jack point, raise the car high enough to insert something under the front tires. At this point the Quickjack clears.
    Last edited by sharmut; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:47 PM.

Enthusiast
    how do quickjacks do with epoxy floors? i just bought my first house and had the epoxy floor installed but don't want to ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by dsp300c View Post
    how do quickjacks do with epoxy floors? i just bought my first house and had the epoxy floor installed but don't want to ruin them.
    Whatever it is, I assure you it's better than jackstands, lol.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp300c View Post
    I can see you scuffing them up with these when you slide them under the car.

Does your garage floor have flakes or is just a clean, pretty epoxy floor?
    I did that and it looked fantastic, for about a year. Just driving in and out put a ton of sratch and scuff marks in it and I finally redid it with flake. FWIW, it's EXTREMELY easy to recoat it. It took me about 3 hours, taking my time, from taking the buckets out, getting tools out, etc to clean up. Obviously, that doesn't include cleaning out the garage and prep (which should be almost nothing if it's already been epoxied. Just sand it to scuff it up).

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
    Alternatively, I've seen people drive onto wood first to get extra clearance for the quick jack. The 7000lb version is also taller I believe, so unless you want to use it for larger vehicles the 5000lb is the better bet.
    QuickJack 5000 in action. Just drive up on a couple of 2x8's, then slide the jacks under.Quickjacks in action.jpg

RT is on lowering caps, but I use the same concept to get a little more clearance in the car trailer when strapping down a track height ACR-E.
    Works good.
    Last edited by RT SERPENT; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:01 AM.
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Cool, I have low profile ramps for the front end. I usually jack the rear up and put stands under the rear jack points. Hopefully I can just drive the front end up and have the rear on 2x4 and that will be enough.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Cool, I have low profile ramps for the front end. I usually jack the rear up and put stands under the rear jack points. Hopefully I can just drive the front end up and have the rear on 2x4 and that will be enough.
    Sounds like a good plan.
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Does your garage floor have flakes or is just a clean, pretty epoxy floor?
    I did that and it looked fantastic, for about a year. Just driving in and out put a ton of sratch and scuff marks in it and I finally redid it with flake. FWIW, it's EXTREMELY easy to recoat it. It took me about 3 hours, taking my time, from taking the buckets out, getting tools out, etc to clean up. Obviously, that doesn't include cleaning out the garage and prep (which should be almost nothing if it's already been epoxied. Just sand it to scuff it up).

clean, pretty, and with flakes. haha. so far i don't have any scratches or scuff marks driving the viper and my daily out every day for over a month.

64003744826__2C26B2E1-6712-416F-9F16-A93A78134835.jpg

You have plenty- you just dont see them because of the flakes

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    NY/CT
    I have a lower viper and the quick jacks, never had a problem works great. I love em!
    Jon
    2013 Viper GTS w/Track Pack --- 2018 Tesla P3D+ --- 2001 S2000 --- 2013 Limited F-150 --- 2013 Polaris Pro-R --- 2009 XR1200 --- 2018 Grom --- 1991 Honda Beat

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    No worries about my floor.

IMG_1531.jpg

Got them and set them up. Aside from instructions seriously sucking (luckily, it's fairly common sense), they are absolutely awesome. Not sure how I lived washout hem.

I’m starting a decent sized project on the viper and intend to take my time, doing a few hours a day after work.
    Can I keep the car suspended on the quick jacks for days on end? Should I lower it so the load is not the metal?

Do you not trust the metal locks? Should it matter if it’s 10 minutes or 10 hours or 10 days?

Once the Quickjacks are in one of the two locked positions, they are no longer relying on the hydraulics at all. I’ve done that and disconnected the hoses and theoretically could be there forever as it’s mechanically locked. Whether it’s harmless or bad for the cars suspension to be unloaded for a long time is another debate.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Once the Quickjacks are in one of the two locked positions, they are no longer relying on the hydraulics at all. I’ve done that and disconnected the hoses and theoretically could be there forever as it’s mechanically locked. Whether it’s harmless or bad for the cars suspension to be unloaded for a long time is another debate.
    +1...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtuff View Post
    Do you not trust the metal locks? Should it matter if it’s 10 minutes or 10 hours or 10 days?
    Correct. It just seems like two small welds are all that's holding it up. That's what scares me.

I'll probably try to find somewhere to slide some jack stands in too.

edit: couldn't find picture but this video shows what I'm talking about. 2500lbs on each bar seems like a lot. I also wish they had some sort of non-skid pad under it.
    Last edited by Lawineer; 1 Week Ago at 10:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast