Question Delrin diff mount bushings will it really help reduce rear wheel hop

Gen 1-3, no, Gen 4/5 don't have as much of a problem due to a better design. What are you trying to do with the car? Drag race? Track? Just street performance? Helps to know.
    You can teach a dog to fetch, therefore you teach a potato to dance! “Amazingly Bad Analogy”

Basically I want a streetable track car.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeyl View Post
    Gen 1-3, no, Gen 4/5 don't have as much of a problem due to a better design. What are you trying to do with the car? Drag race? Track? Just street performance? Helps to know.
    The only substantial difference with the Gen 4/5 is the differential itself. It is apparently stronger than the Gen 3 design, but I can assure you, wheel hop is definitely still a problem depending on how hard you drive.

Better shocks seemed to help a bit on the street (at one time I thought it even fully cured it), but it showed back up big time for me at the drag strip on my first hard 1-2 shift. It also happens some during a burnout, generally during the first second or two.

I can't see it causing much of a problem for something like auto-x or road racing though, unless you are doing hard launches from a dead standstill for some reason.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | UDP | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | McLeod RST | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)