Thread: I m back baby

I m back baby

.....to quote George Costanza.

I had one of the 1998 Hillsdale Dodge LeMans Edition GTS (2 were made) although Dave will probably remember more my signed Danica Patrick picture. Lol. I sold my Viper around 3 years ago - it is now for sale in Italy if anybody knows someone there looking for a unique car. I knew I would eventually get another one and last Friday the transport company dropped one off. I’ll post pics tonight but for now - Hello.
    I mainly posted on the “other” Viper forum back then but it seems everybody is here. Ron.

Here is my “old” Viper:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Viper GTS-R; 06-07-2021 at 07:15 AM.
    They’re coming to get you Barbara.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Welcome and great looking ride...
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas
    Welcome back! Send pics when you can.
    If you want things to stay the same, things will have to change.
    2002 Red RT/10

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Great looking paint job on those cars, is that the original Polyurethane front nose on that car or is it the Autoform Fibreglass one, looks like the Autoform nose?

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Welcome back Ron , look forward to seeing you at our next event !!!
    You have a PM .
    Last edited by J TNT; 06-07-2021 at 09:31 PM.
    White Mamba ,

Until I take some pics, here are some from it's former home in Texas. As you can see I went in a total different direction!
    This is the “other” Hillsdale car but has had a little more work done on it. I wanted this one 16 years ago when the original owner sold it but couldn’t afford it back then. I knew where it ended up and have been biding my time and waiting until that owner decided to part with it. Has 8,000 miles on it so it has basically been in storage for 15 years waiting for me. Lol. Ron.

859FDAAD-3A1A-4F63-9CC2-A4818FC61C03.jpg
    E057C300-907F-4997-8EAD-E0CB4ED2CE3E.jpg
    A1A4B367-9AD3-475C-8627-7151D4A62379.jpg
    05499664-2216-4866-9094-DC93493AF44D.jpg
    F7CBB174-9A02-4769-BF48-6BD14A0E8357.jpg

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Hey Ron, welcome back.

If I recall correctly, Hillsdale Dodge built 3 of these, cars as shown in your initial post. Correct? You think 2? One of them was sold here in WA and did some track dates with us. On his initial track event, a front BBS wheel started to come apart. Scary......I loaned him 2 wheels while Hillsdale had BBS replace his gonner.

Can you remind me the name of the "Sales Manager" that handled those cars? They had hoped for 10.

As I recall, Hillsdale did NOT build / Mod the over-the-top fogged , splitter, diffuser car.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper GTS-R View Post
    .....to quote George Costanza.

I had one of the 1998 Hillsdale Dodge LeMans Edition GTS (2 were made) although Dave will probably remember more my signed Danica Patrick picture. Lol. I sold my Viper around 3 years ago - it is now for sale in Italy if anybody knows someone there looking for a unique car. I knew I would eventually get another one and last Friday the transport company dropped one off. I’ll post pics tonight but for now - Hello.
    I mainly posted on the “other” Viper forum back then but it seems everybody is here. Ron.

Here is my “old” Viper:
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 06-07-2021 at 06:17 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

Hi Jon,

There was only 2 built. Yes one went to Seattle (that was the first one I had). He did track the car apparently and did not take very good care of it - too much money and too many cars! This one was purchased new from Hillsdale by a pro race car driver who spent a lot of money on improving and making it look like one of the original LeMans race cars. He was not happy with the paint and had the whole car stripped and repainted by Autoform. They then custom built the front end and splitter, rear diffuser, and roof scoop as well as replicating all of the graphics. The engine was worked on by all of the big names in the Viper world with new pistons, Roe supercharger, Accusump, fuel management, etc. etc. (still working through all the mods!).

I did talk to the salesman at Hillsdale years ago when I bought my first one but I don’t remember his name. Good to be back and will probably need something from you once I go over the whole car! Ron.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Hi Jon,

There was only 2 built. Yes one went to Seattle (that was the first one I had). He did track the car apparently and did not take very good care of it - too much money and too many cars! This one was purchased new from Hillsdale by a pro race car driver who spent a lot of money on improving and making it look like one of the original LeMans race cars. He was not happy with the paint and had the whole car stripped and repainted by Autoform. They then custom built the front end and splitter, rear diffuser, and roof scoop as well as replicating all of the graphics. The engine was worked on by all of the big names in the Viper world with new pistons, Roe supercharger, Accusump, fuel management, etc. etc. (still working through all the mods!).

I did talk to the salesman at Hillsdale years ago when I bought my first one but I don’t remember his name. Good to be back and will probably need something from you once I go over the whole car! Ron.
    That would be Jeff Morton's car initially. He goes by "pro racer" in some forums.

That would be Jeff Morton's car initially. He goes by "pro racer" in some forums.
    Yes it is. He posted a lot of the build as it was progressing on Viper Club of America forum.

Jeff had installed a Roe Supercharger and Accusump pre-oiler and other bits, but, when I checked it out in 2005 it ran very rough, above 4K it was stuttering

really liked the replica look though

viper_proracer_53.jpg

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Shawn Campbell was the WA guy......#1
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

above 4K it was stuttering
    Why would you need to rev a Viper that high? It’s an American motor, not designed to rev.

Why would you need to rev a Viper that high? It’s an American motor, not designed to rev.
    it was stuttering while driving on the highway, Jeff would keep short shifting and I asked him to let it go to 6K before shifting and that's when I understood why he was short shifting...

to understand, I flew to Michigan for a pre-purchase inspection (in 2005), I was thisclose to buying it but we did not agree on price

I remember him posting about some guys that were interested back then. Are you in Texas? It ended up in Texas but there was another Texan who was flying in to look at it and the water pump pulley or mount broke before the test drive.

I remember him posting about some guys that were interested back then. Are you in Texas? It ended up in Texas but there was another Texan who was flying in to look at it and the water pump pulley or mount broke before the test drive.
    That was me, I still have some billet CNC water pump brackets (the oem "pot metal" brackets routinely broke), if the price was right I would of been the owner, car needed some love to get it to 100%, ended up with an 01 ACR with a full cage and custom exhaust instead, from Scotty White
    https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/scotty-b-white/