Another novice tire wheel question

Another crazy question on tires-sorry for all the novice questions
    So I have a set of sidewinder2 and Venom wheels both with the 18x10.5”/19 x13”. There is a total lack of inventory of tires for street and track for this set up other than Perrelli (which I’m all set with) . I do have the Hoosier R7 for track days(mounted on the sidewinder wheels) but I’m looking for additional tire options (for track and street) would it make sense to order a set of the 19x11 ACR wheels (same/similar as the venom style) and go with the Kumho tires? What are your thoughts on this? Are the Kumho tires worth the change? Also any thoughts on having issues with the downforce of the ACR wing on the rear sidewinder wheels? Traction control issues? I really wanted the Toyo 888 or even willing to try the new Continental's but stuck in a holding pattern with these tires on back order
    All input welcome ,also by chance anyone looking of sell front ACR wheels?
    Thanks
    Dennis
    2014 TA orange #55

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    Continential has made a great tire for our Vipers. Just put them on my GEN IV. I like em a lot. They have GEN V sizes too! Reach out to Jon B at partsrack to see about a set.
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

I looked on the Continental web site and it shows my rear tires not being available until September. What size rear tire did you get? I need a 345/30/19
    Thanks
    Dennis
    2014 TA orange #55

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I looked on the Continental web site and it shows my rear tires not being available until September. What size rear tire did you get? I need a 345/30/19
    Thanks
    Dennis
    I got the GEN V rear size 355/30/19. Email Jon and see what hes got.
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Thanks
    Dennis
    HAWK : I may have missed you. JonB@PartsRack.com

Can Ship TODAY
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Northern California
    Hawk, if you go to 19x11 front, your tire selection will be limited to the 295x25x19, ie Khumo. Using 295x30x19 or 315x30x19 like the R7, will limit the ability to reduce the ride height without rubbing the outer fender or catching the bolt that secures the fender vents.
    I use 18x11(+40mm offset) up front with 315x30x18 R7s on the ACR-E @ 3 1/2" ride height. No rubbing and prefer the feel of the wider track.

As for using the SW2 with a sticky tire like the R7, my experience with the SW2, I would be very concerned with their ability to handle the ACR's load. You should consider a wheel with a much higher load rating, something like 2600/lbs.
    Last edited by sharmut; 1 Week Ago at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharmut View Post
    Hawk, if you go to 19x11 front, your tire selection will be limited to the 295x25x19, ie Khumo. Using 295x30x19 or 315x30x19 like the R7, will limit the ability to reduce the ride height without rubbing the outer fender or catching the bolt that secures the fender vents.
    I use 18x11(+40mm offset) up front with 315x30x18 R7s on the ACR-E @ 3 1/2" ride height. No rubbing and prefer the feel of the wider track.

As for using the SW2 with a sticky tire like the R7, my experience with the SW2, I would be very concerned with their ability to handle the ACR's load. You should consider a wheel with a much higher load rating, something like 2600/lbs.
    I have the R7 mounted on the sidewinder’s now, should I switch them with my Venom wheels before I track ? Are they that likely to break in in one life cycle of the R7 or under prolonged use it is not a good idea? Any idea what the rating is on the SW2 wheels?
    2014 TA orange #55

Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    Continential has made a great tire for our Vipers. Just put them on my GEN IV. I like em a lot. They have GEN V sizes too! Reach out to Jon B at partsrack to see about a set.
    I read on the internet from the manufacturer that the Continential extreme contact force tires for the rears (345/30/19) would not be out until September. Did they start producing them early. The tread pattern looks similar to the Toyo’s 888
    2014 TA orange #55

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    I read on the internet from the manufacturer that the Continential extreme contact force tires for the rears (345/30/19) would not be out until September. Did they start producing them early. The tread pattern looks similar to the Toyo’s 888
    They did Not. Delays expected in larger dia. tires

We DO have Conti OE-type tires in stock, and some Toyos again too,

JonB@PartsRack.com
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Northern California
    I have the R7 mounted on the sidewinder’s now, should I switch them with my Venom wheels before I track ? Are they that likely to break in in one life cycle of the R7 or under prolonged use it is not a good idea? Any idea what the rating is on the SW2 wheels?
    I doubt the SW2 will simply snap. The design of the inner barrel is soft but not that bad. I tracked them on the TA with Toyo R888R and CORSA for several years and didn't have problem as long as I kept the wheels on the track. Keep the tires on the pavement and you should be fine for now.