Daily drive Gen II

My current daily driver is an 04 cobra with basic mods. It's got 250k miles so starting to consider something new. Currently tempted to do an 00-02 RT/10.

If I change the hoses and plastic power steering thingie should it be more-or-less good to go 100k?

I'm looking for a convertible, V8-V12, manual, cheap to maintain, easy to work on and can go 100k+ without much issue.

The problem is I already own most of the cars that fall in that category - 14 GT500, 08 Viper, 17 Viper, 02 Z06, 19 ZR1, 08 LP640, and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm just worried that a ~20yr Viper with obsolete parts might not be the best idea as a daily driver.....

Enthusiast
    The only Viper convertible is the Gen 3. The Gen 2 open top is a roadster. As long as you do the basic maintenance on the Gen 2 it will last a long time. There are lots and lots of fluids that most people ignore. Few people know to change the belt and tensioner every 4 years. But do all that basic crap just like you should do to every car, and it will last well past 100K miles.
    /''[ ]''|[___|___]
    [---T-- L -OlllllllO-]
    ()_)"""()_)/''''''''''\)_)

Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    As long as you do the basic maintenance on the Gen 2 it will last a long time.
    In support of this statement, here's a 185k mile '00 RT/10 listed on Hemmings.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...r/2472797.html

The original owner used it as a daily driver, but it has been maintained and serviced on a regular schedule.
    2005 Cobalt SS || PT5557 @ 25 psi | E85 ||
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS || Matte Bentley Silver | 59k miles ||
    1986 VW GTI || Lightweight Eyesore Track Car ||

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    The only Viper convertible is the Gen 3.
    Gen 4s too Dave.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2014 SRT8 JGC Closed Roof (Gone and missed)
    2018 Range Rover Sport Dynamic
    Resident Misanthrope