Recommend fluids for general maintenance

There was to be a group service at a semi local viper friendly dealership that was canceled last year due to covid and isn’t going to happen this year either. I need to get the brake fluid, diff and coolant changed and I have no confidence in the local dealers/techs so I’m going to have a buddy who is ASE certified take care of it for me.

I know I’ve seen amsoil mentioned in random threads concerning the diff. Can the experts chime in on what they think is best and if known how much of each I will need.

Thanks
    '14 White TA #23 Bone stock
    '15 Z06 M7 Not bone stock

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    The first question to be answered would be: What is your intended use for the car...street/highway cruising, occasional track lapping event, or lots of performance driving/racing?

The "factory fill" fluids are a pretty "safe" bet for street/highway cruising. Any other use requires a little more scrutiny in some areas...especially if sustained high performance driving is to be planned.

In my opinion, the main pitfall with using "racing" fluids is that that they are formulated to be long on performance while often short on term protection for the system components. They are designed to be changed frequently.

You will get all types of suggestions from many sources. Just be sure that your choices fit your (and the Viper's) needs.
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Three Z View Post
    There was to be a group service at a semi local viper friendly dealership that was canceled last year due to covid and isn’t going to happen this year either. I need to get the brake fluid, diff and coolant changed and I have no confidence in the local dealers/techs so I’m going to have a buddy who is ASE certified take care of it for me.

I know I’ve seen amsoil mentioned in random threads concerning the diff. Can the experts chime in on what they think is best and if known how much of each I will need.

Thanks

The fluids from mother MOPAR (OEM fill) are pretty good. As Steve mentioned above, your intended use may dictate what your choice of fluids will be. For me, I've always used the OEM factory fills. Even if I had a track day or autocross event on the calendar. Being 100% honest, I MAYBE do one (track/autocross) of those events a year. If you plan on doing more then one track event in a season, then you may want to switch to something else.
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

I just did the brake fluid flush myself and intend to change the engine oil, tranny fluid and diff fluid this weekend. If you have any questions, PM me.
    2016 Viper GT - Gunmetal Pearl

The car won’t be tracked. Just occasional cruises and on ramp romps/highway pulls.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll do that. I just changed the oil so that’s covered but I want to leave the other fluids to a pro
    '14 White TA #23 Bone stock
    '15 Z06 M7 Not bone stock