VOA Member
    since 2020
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming

NASA Rocky Mountain Pueblo Motorsports Park

Thought I would go ahead and upload some video from NASA Rocky Mountain’s Pueblo event last week. I was not able to capture a lap record for TT2 like I had hoped, but I am close enough after my first weekend at the track that I should be able to get it in the spring of next year. I was lucky enough to have LuvSpeed to follow around and he showed me around the Rage Logic software I had not started using yet. Unbelievable what looking at a little data can show.

The practice day on Friday was brutal. It varied between 102-107 degrees the afternoon and the car really felt it. This was my first weekend using the CoolShirt system, and holy shit is it a gamechanger when it is hot. I needed to safety wire some things inside the vehicle during Friday to finish up my NASA Annual inspection and being able to plug in while working inside the hot car is the only reason, I was able to get it done. Anyone that has not tried it, really should. With the time I got to the track and the inspection related issues, I was only able to get 2 sessions in. Most of my lap times were in the low 1:43s. Mind you, that the TT2 record is 1:36.109, so I wasn’t just a little off, I was in a different class entirely. But knowing the heat was so bad I figured I could drop that down.
    IMG_1305.jpgIMG_1306.jpg

Saturday morning, we had TT practice/warmup which creates the all-important grid order for the first TT session. Everything felt slightly better, most of my laps were all still in the 1:43s, but I picked up a best of 1:41.339, which put me #2 in TT2. I looked over the video on my Garmin Catalyst and played with some ideas. I knew there was tons of time to pull off. Session 1 goes off, with me behind LuvSpeed and him behind the vette in TT2. They split our TT groups into fastest 50%, slowest 50%, so lap traffic was not going to be an issue. On the warmup I could tell I was going to be pushing to hold on the car in front of me. Followed his line around for the most part. The TA was moving! We caught lap traffic on the 3rd hot lap. 1:39.56 with next best of 1:39.89. Once official results were posted, that put me firmly in TT2 #1, with 4th overall, 1/10 second off LuvSpeed. In between sessions, we did a deep dive on data, and I started finding lots of little spots to make changes. It was hotter by now, so I did not expect quick times, but just needed seat time. Session 2 brought almost identical times, regardless of heat, 1:39.59 and 1:39.75. I called it after that as I had a 2.5hr drive home and needed to be back down there at 7am.

https://youtu.be/yZvJ0kxp14s

Sunday morning was much cooler. Around 70 or so. I was only going to be running 1 single session and then packing up to head home. I was fortunate LuvSpeed offered to swap me places to see if I could pick up more time, so I gridded #3. With the newly found ideas the game changed. 1:41 was my “slow” first lap, then a 39.09, 39.04, and boom, 1:38.20. I did not think I was getting down that low this weekend. Almost 2 seconds ahead of the next closest TT2 car. Now the Vbox video shows my lap #5 at 1:37.37, but we all know the only thing that counts is what the transponder says. From looking at video, of that lap, should be no reason I do not shave 1.5 seconds and get down to 1:35s and a new record next spring.

https://youtu.be/scZD4PvC090

Overall, it was an awesome weekend and I was able to pick up another pair of wins in TT2. Next up is Utah Motorsports Campus at the end of the month for a crossover event with NASA Utah. Can’t wait to see how the ACR stacks up out there. Current TT2 entry list shows 3 Cayman Clubsports, a couple of Gt4s, and an M2CS. The guy that has won most of the TT2 events this year in a C5 Z06 is not registered yet. So, I will definitely have a power advantage over everyone, hopefully I can pull another one out and get more Toyo Bucks for the collection. Sorry for the long-windedness, I just love talking about this shit. Should have bought an ACR 6 years ago!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrubin80 View Post
    Thought I would go ahead and upload some video from NASA Rocky Mountain’s Pueblo event last week. I was not able to capture a lap record for TT2 like I had hoped, but I am close enough after my first weekend at the track that I should be able to get it in the spring of next year. I was lucky enough to have LuvSpeed to follow around and he showed me around the Rage Logic software I had not started using yet. Unbelievable what looking at a little data can show.

The practice day on Friday was brutal. It varied between 102-107 degrees the afternoon and the car really felt it. This was my first weekend using the CoolShirt system, and holy shit is it a gamechanger when it is hot. I needed to safety wire some things inside the vehicle during Friday to finish up my NASA Annual inspection and being able to plug in while working inside the hot car is the only reason, I was able to get it done. Anyone that has not tried it, really should. With the time I got to the track and the inspection related issues, I was only able to get 2 sessions in. Most of my lap times were in the low 1:43s. Mind you, that the TT2 record is 1:36.109, so I wasn’t just a little off, I was in a different class entirely. But knowing the heat was so bad I figured I could drop that down.
    IMG_1305.jpgIMG_1306.jpg

Saturday morning, we had TT practice/warmup which creates the all-important grid order for the first TT session. Everything felt slightly better, most of my laps were all still in the 1:43s, but I picked up a best of 1:41.339, which put me #2 in TT2. I looked over the video on my Garmin Catalyst and played with some ideas. I knew there was tons of time to pull off. Session 1 goes off, with me behind LuvSpeed and him behind the vette in TT2. They split our TT groups into fastest 50%, slowest 50%, so lap traffic was not going to be an issue. On the warmup I could tell I was going to be pushing to hold on the car in front of me. Followed his line around for the most part. The TA was moving! We caught lap traffic on the 3rd hot lap. 1:39.56 with next best of 1:39.89. Once official results were posted, that put me firmly in TT2 #1, with 4th overall, 1/10 second off LuvSpeed. In between sessions, we did a deep dive on data, and I started finding lots of little spots to make changes. It was hotter by now, so I did not expect quick times, but just needed seat time. Session 2 brought almost identical times, regardless of heat, 1:39.59 and 1:39.75. I called it after that as I had a 2.5hr drive home and needed to be back down there at 7am.

https://youtu.be/yZvJ0kxp14s

Sunday morning was much cooler. Around 70 or so. I was only going to be running 1 single session and then packing up to head home. I was fortunate LuvSpeed offered to swap me places to see if I could pick up more time, so I gridded #3. With the newly found ideas the game changed. 1:41 was my “slow” first lap, then a 39.09, 39.04, and boom, 1:38.20. I did not think I was getting down that low this weekend. Almost 2 seconds ahead of the next closest TT2 car. Now the Vbox video shows my lap #5 at 1:37.37, but we all know the only thing that counts is what the transponder says. From looking at video, of that lap, should be no reason I do not shave 1.5 seconds and get down to 1:35s and a new record next spring.

https://youtu.be/scZD4PvC090

Overall, it was an awesome weekend and I was able to pick up another pair of wins in TT2. Next up is Utah Motorsports Campus at the end of the month for a crossover event with NASA Utah. Can’t wait to see how the ACR stacks up out there. Current TT2 entry list shows 3 Cayman Clubsports, a couple of Gt4s, and an M2CS. The guy that has won most of the TT2 events this year in a C5 Z06 is not registered yet. So, I will definitely have a power advantage over everyone, hopefully I can pull another one out and get more Toyo Bucks for the collection. Sorry for the long-windedness, I just love talking about this shit. Should have bought an ACR 6 years ago!!!
    Congrats!

I really hope you can make it to the Heartland event in October. I would love to meet you and can throw some pointers your way! It's always nice to not be the only Viper guy at the track.

EDIT: If you do come, make sure you have the NASA decal on the front and back or you'll be DQ'd.
    Last edited by 13COBRA; 1 Day Ago at 04:29 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming

I run one on the top center of windshield and rear bumper. Do you think they would be ok with it on the windshield? No desire to get DQ'd.

Quote Originally Posted by jrubin80 View Post
    I run one on the top center of windshield and rear bumper. Do you think they would be ok with it on the windshield? No desire to get DQ'd.
    As long as it's the NASA logo decal, should be fine. I couldn't tell from your pictures.