VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

Cool Gen 5 video

Trying my best to make the Viper still a relevant and badass, intimidating track car. I'm doing my best to make the car faster and doing my best to get my ass out there doing events and representing the Viper community the best I can. This was from the Global Time Attack event at the Ridge up in Washington. They just release this video. I really appreciate those guys making cool videos like this for all the racers out there busting their asses, building cars, showing up, risking their lives on track etc. It makes it all worth while. It's funny when I showed up there Friday for practice with the locals, they had me start in the slow group. I did a few laps and was 5+ seconds faster than everyone. No big deal, safety first! By Saturday I had the all time track record there for anything with doors. On Sunday, I went slower, didn't know why as I was taking bigger risks on the blind straights, but when I got the car home we found the car had broken it's motor mounts and the crank pulley was rubbing on the frame causing false knock and the car had 4 melted spark plugs. Anyway-
    My car is in there a lot, but for the quick version, go to around 6.23, check out the flames as 6.31, and from 6.55 on.

Last edited by Arizona Vipers; 1 Day Ago at 11:15 AM.
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

That’s awesome!
    2014 Viper TA - Black # 27, Sold
    08 ISF - headers/exhaust/tune - 12.06@118.81mph, 1.89 60'

That thing sounds SOOOO good, thanks for reppin!

How did they give so much time to a Subaru and an S2000 and just a cameo to a 9 liter viper setting the production car record!
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded &2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT

Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    How did they give so much time to a Subaru and an S2000 and just a cameo to a 9 liter viper setting the production car record!
    Exactly.

I think "production car" in this sense must be taken pretty lightly hahaha

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Awesome! Great job representing Viper nation!
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

My home track, 1:37 is absolutely flying at the ridge.

Do you run rain slicks ever?
    2017 ACR-E
    2004 Lambo Murcielago -- Gated Manual, 2004 Challenge Stradale
    2018 991.2 GT3 -- Manual, 2019 Raptor

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonDan View Post
    My home track, 1:37 is absolutely flying at the ridge.

Do you run rain slicks ever?
    I have, they are amazing. I used Michelin's at nasa nationals at cota about 4 years ago. No real reason to use them unless you really need the practice on a new track, otherwise just wait for the rain to stop!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Exactly.

I think "production car" in this sense must be taken pretty lightly hahaha
    Yeah production "based" lol. My car is actually probably the most mild GTA unlimited car. They do have rules, like you cant modify suspension geometry, pickup points, roofline, stuff like that. Your basically taking a car, gutting it, adding all the aero and power you want. GTA rules are designed to get people to modify their cars. Believe it or not, there is no horsepower limit in any class. Like you could have 1500hp in the street class if you wanted. I could run my car in Limited and dominate, but I have a lexan windshield which puts me in Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Yeah production "based" lol. My car is actually probably the most mild GTA unlimited car. They do have rules, like you cant modify suspension geometry, pickup points, roofline, stuff like that. Your basically taking a car, gutting it, adding all the aero and power you want. GTA rules are designed to get people to modify their cars. Believe it or not, there is no horsepower limit in any class. Like you could have 1500hp in the street class if you wanted. I could run my car in Limited and dominate, but I have a lexan windshield which puts me in Unlimited.
    I agree with you as being the most mild unlimited car!

They have similar rules to GridLife. Makes it more interesting!

Awesome stuff. Would love to see and hear more third person videos of the car.
    2005 Cobalt SS || PT5557 @ 25 psi | E85 ||
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS || Matte Bentley Silver | 59k miles ||
    1986 VW GTI || Lightweight Eyesore Track Car ||

Awesome, thanks!
    2008 Viper SRT-10 Very Viper Orange Coupe * The Orange Lure (Black On Orange)
    2015 Porsche - Mid-Engine Cayman w/PDK / Black * The Black Caiman (Orange On Black)

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    That doesn't seem very limited :lol:
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded &2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcfieldmp View Post
    Awesome stuff. Would love to see and hear more third person videos of the car.
    Here's some more, go to 3hr 14 minutes- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coGeQl89a2A
    What sucks is they had just setup a live stream from inside and of course my car broke LOL

start of my 2.13 session at COTA at 3.39.46- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPE2vmOooH0

In every video of my car out there the announcers just can't stop talking about how good it sounds. Same with the live chat feed.

Cable, this is cool stuff! And as they say, if you ain't breakin' parts (which you did!) you ain't racin' hard enough!
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    WV/PA
    You are a very accomplished and fast as hell driver and your car is amazing. Nice job Cable!! Looks and sounds fantastic!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Racingswh View Post
    You are a very accomplished and fast as hell driver and your car is amazing. Nice job Cable!! Looks and sounds fantastic!!

What he said! Keep up the great work.
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E