The biggest to ever Viper

Hey everyone:

Long time fan of Vipers, getting ready to pull the trigger!

Ill get it out of the way, I am 6'9" tall and 220 lbs. Good proportions.

This is happening. I've wanted a Viper forever, and I am determined to fit! LemonSquad is out inspecting as we speak on a Gen 3.

I'm already talking to a metal working friend about a custom seat lowering, but I am unsure if this will be enough. Is anyone out there even remotely close to my height? I found 1 post from someone about my height and he said its a squeeze but a custom mount was all he needed.

Any and all help and info is greatly appreciated!

-Nondarb

Edit: Convertible
    Last edited by NODNARB; 07-22-2021 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Update spec

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    CONVERTIBLE? Visor Up, wrap-shades on.

You likely wont ever be able to wear a helmet safely.

Bolting the seat to the floor is the "most" torso gain

Remove the dead-pedal.

Good Luck

JonB

[ RIP Paul Ronald, 6'8" NW tracker! ]
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Wow. That is a tough one.

I hope it's a convertible.

Thank you for the info!

Yes I will never be able to track it due to no helmet. But such is life and I deal with what I'm dealt.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    You should be able to have a bracket made, it may or may not function as being adjustable, that sits flush to the floor and gives maximum clearance.

I'm only 6'1", definitely more torso long than legs, and I had to move my seat forward a few inches so I could recline the seat back fairly far to fit in my Gen IV ACR with a helmet on. I can't imagine being 6'9" and fitting in one.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    I'm 6'4", 220 lbs with an '08 coupe.

In order to fit comfortably and drive the car safely, I had to do the following:

1. Remove dead pedal
    2. Pedals all the way forward (towards firewall)
    3. Seat all the way back
    4. Seat track modified to lower just the rear of the seat (~1")
    5. Wear special shoes (New Balance MT10 - minimalist trail running shoes)

With all of that, I fit fine without a helmet, but with a helmet it is very tight. Keep in mind that's for a coupe; a convertible might work height-wise with the top down, but I'm not sure about your legs. I don't have large feet (size 13, normal width), but I found that wearing normal shoes would result in constantly hitting the clutch + brake, or brake + gas, hence the shoes listed above.

My advice: try before you buy. Fitting is one thing - being able to safely operate the vehicle is quite another.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post

In order to fit comfortably and drive the car safely, I had to do the following:

1. Remove dead pedal
    3. Seat all the way back

With all of that, I fit fine without a helmet, but with a helmet it is very tight. Keep in mind that's for a coupe; a convertible might work height-wise with the top down, but I'm not sure about your legs. I don't have large feet (size 13, normal width), but I found that wearing normal shoes would result in constantly hitting the clutch + brake, or brake + gas, hence the shoes listed above.

My advice: try before you buy. Fitting is one thing - being able to safely operate the vehicle is quite another.
    I agree with the shoe comment. I wear a 13 as well, and the pedals sometimes were a pain.

1. Remove dead pedal
    3. Seat all the way back

Thank you very much! Im same size feet, so Ill take that advice for shoes to heart, or drive bare footed.

Ive sat in two, havent driven yet since I figured I wouldnt be able to without these modifications first! I intend to make a go of it this saturday at a local dealership who has agreed to help me out with their vert gen 3.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    One other tip - in order to get in the car, my butt goes in first, and then I swing my feet over the side sills. Getting out, both feet come out first, and then I pull myself out.

With this car, I don't just get in - I have to install myself. Quick ingress/egress just ain't happening. When I do wear a helmet, it goes on only after I'm in.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

6'9'', that's about 2-3'' too much for a Viper, even modified I would say. Even with the visor up, the view will be obstructed all the time. But hey, nothing is impossible if you're willing to sacrifice some comfort

VOA Member
    since 2021
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Where there's a will, there's a way. You'll make it happen. It will all be worth it when you have your dream car!

Quote Originally Posted by NODNARB View Post
    Thank you very much! Im same size feet, so Ill take that advice for shoes to heart, or drive bare footed.

Ive sat in two, havent driven yet since I figured I wouldnt be able to without these modifications first! I intend to make a go of it this saturday at a local dealership who has agreed to help me out with their vert gen 3.
    Hey NODNARB, just curious how you found the fit to drive? I'm shopping for my first Viper as well, 6'6" and 230 lbs. Planning to go look at a 2008 ACR in the next week or two.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    One other tip - in order to get in the car, my butt goes in first, and then I swing my feet over the side sills. Getting out, both feet come out first, and then I pull myself out.

With this car, I don't just get in - I have to install myself. Quick ingress/egress just ain't happening. When I do wear a helmet, it goes on only after I'm in.
    After reading Steve's post I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite things about these cars. That would be:

One must aways remember to open and hold the door. Anytime a Lady mite be getting into the passenger seat of a Viper. This is even more important if said Lady is wearing a dress.

I know I am a very sick individual.lol
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    After reading Steve's post I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite things about these cars. That would be:

One must aways remember to open and hold the door. Anytime a Lady mite be getting into the passenger seat of a Viper. This is even more important if said Lady is wearing a dress.

..always a Gentleman. lol!
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post

I had a feeling as I read and hoped you weren't going there. But you did. Had an embarrassing chuckle.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2014 SRT8 JGC Closed Roof (Gone and missed)
    2018 Range Rover Sport Dynamic
    Resident Misanthrope