VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

2017 on Bring A Trailer

900 miles, somebody must have preferred his Porsche hehe.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...e-viper-gtc-3/
    This car is screaming for TA aero!
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Love the subtle gun-metal on black stripe combo
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Same paint scheme as me. The gunmetal looks super bright, almost like silver in those pictures. It's much more subtle in person.

Also, I'm glad I have the sidewinder II wheels (I think that's what they're called) and painted trim ono the tail lights.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded &2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Already at $70,000 with seven days left. I wonder how high this one will go.
    I too am partial to the colors use on this one. Mine is the opposite of yours Lawineer. The Gunmetal really pops in the sun as you can see in the photo. I had the TA bits painted to match. I really like the fact that the stripes are as subtle as they are. If they weren't I believe I would have had to have them redone.
    I have alway thought they they missed the mark on the stripes width on the Gen 5's."Too narrow" and kind of seem out of proportion with the body of the car. If you look at the car behind mine that gentleman had his stripes repainted to match the tapered stripes on a Gen 4. To my eye this was an improvement even the wider stripe pattern from the Gen 2 would seem more fitting. Just my cents and an excuse to add a picture to this thread.lol4-24-17.jpg Picture courtesy of Maurice
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Same paint scheme as me. The gunmetal looks super bright, almost like silver in those pictures. It's much more subtle in person.

Also, I'm glad I have the sidewinder II wheels (I think that's what they're called) and painted trim ono the tail lights.
    I'm in your camp....IMO SWII's are soooo much nicer. That would be my first mod to this car. I like The Mad Machinists wheels too. One or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    I too am partial to the colors use on this one. Mine is the opposite of yours Lawineer. The Gunmetal really pops in the sun as you can see in the photo.
    Gunmetal sure is pretty. Why it's freaking sideways is a mystery.

IMG_20210717_130047851.jpg
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

I too am partial to the colors use on this one. Mine is the opposite of yours Lawineer. The Gunmetal really pops in the sun as you can see in the photo. I had the TA bits painted to match. I really like the fact that the stripes are as subtle as they are. If they weren't I believe I would have had to have them redone.
    I have alway thought they they missed the mark on the stripes width on the Gen 5's."Too narrow" and kind of seem out of proportion with the body of the car. If you look at the car behind mine that gentleman had his stripes repainted to match the tapered stripes on a Gen 4. To my eye this was an improvement even the wider stripe pattern from the Gen 2 would seem more fitting. Just my cents and an excuse to add a picture to this thread.lol4-24-17.jpg Picture courtesy of Maurice
    Damn it, I can't stop seeing them as too narrow now!

I think they look more pronounced because they're very metallic (and the black isn't) so they show up more in the light. Look how much different your paint looks from the bumper by the light to the top of the hood. Then look at the black paint on the car behind you.

The gunmetal and black combo also goes well with the carbon and the sidewinder ii wheel finish imo.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded &2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerAce View Post
    Why it's freaking sideways is a mystery.
    Taken with an iPhone?
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | UDP | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | McLeod RST | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    Taken with an iPhone?
    Nope.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

There is a 2017 Red GTC stored at a facility within walking distance of my house, it has 14 miles on it. Guy apparently drove it from the dealership right there (this facility is also a major detailer in the area). I've seen the car, it's immaculate. It's my understanding it's about to go on BAT soon.
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    StokerAce your car looks fantastic. The color reminds me of my old 2000 GTS. Hard to believe that this is the same color as my current carDSCN0048.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

StokerAce your car looks fantastic. The color reminds me of my old 2000 GTS. Hard to believe that this is the same color as my current carDSCN0048.jpg

Thanks! As does yours.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS