Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What s my 1 of 1 2013 GTS worth picture post 1

Simply trying to get a feel for the cars fair value, in anticipation of selling soon. Would prefer selling private vs the hassle of auction.

VIN 1C3ADEBZ1DV00020 14,800mi original owner, excellent condition, not even a scratch. NBR drag, track or street, although it is well suited for all three. Maintained by Viper Tech's only, awesome power and sound, lots of looks too. All service records and various receipts, etc

Documentation and car pics below, and follow on 2 additional posts.

Thank you for any input, RoyIMG_0201.jpgIMG_0225.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Original Owner, 2013 GTS, Custom Paint / Graphics by PREFIX / SRT,
    Mods by WMD; Wheels by NINE BALL;

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    You should delete all those other threads with the pics, and just post them here on this thread. It's confusing
    I think a stock one would bring more money, especially on Bring A Trailer. The only thing that adds value here would be the 9 liter motor (only to some buyers)
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Yep, this one is tough. Stock is ALWAYS best, regardless of the mods. That said, these are mainly Prefix mods, which is about as good as you can get. But you'll need a buyer with the same tastes and desire for the color combination and style. I suggest listing it for a little more than what you want and then work down from there if needed. GLWS!!!

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it… List her on B.A.T. and let the chip fall as the may. GL

Just keep it and enjoy it with the hammer down.

Beautiful car though - I love everything about it. I'd definitely be interested if I was in the market.
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS || Matte Bentley Silver | 60k miles ||

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS || 2002 Audi TT Quattro || 1986 Volkswagen GTI

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Definitely won't bring a fortune with 14,800 miles and a ton of mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    Yep, this one is tough. Stock is ALWAYS best, regardless of the mods. That said, these are mainly Prefix mods, which is about as good as you can get. But you'll need a buyer with the same tastes and desire for the color combination and style. I suggest listing it for a little more than what you want and then work down from there if needed. GLWS!!!
    Pretty bold statement. Pun intended. For the most part I agree but I don't rule by exception but always is not true. There are issues from the factory with many cars and the fix is often well worth it to the next buyer. What was wrong with the 2013 GTS? Not much, really, but say a catch can is installed, it's not going to detract from value. CF aero? Not going to detract. I believe it has more to do with what you stated which is those mods that are purely subjective in personal taste rather than functional and addressing a potential problem area that is well documented. If I was shopping and planning on the Prefix mods I would definitely pay more for his car than a stock 2013 GTS. Would I pay the amount to cover the entire Prefix build expenses? No. But I'd pay more than what the stock version is worth. Modifications never add the value equal to their cost. Just a sad reality.

The paint and wheels are going to be a harder sell in my opinion. Which is all I offer.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Enthusiast
    You guys are too nice, I dont know how much it will cost to undo that paint. But I would just ditch the hood and get a 6 vent and not waste any money undoing paint. Mirrors would have to go too, the black roof might look good with everything else stock.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    PM me when you come up with a price. I may be interested.
    2014 GTS

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    I’ve always thought this was an interesting build but the exterior mods are so specific to you I think they hurt value more than help. The arrow engine is never a bad thing but you’ll get 10% of that back.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    This is a quality build. Some will fall in love with the build and cosmetics, and other not so much. Wait for the right buyer and sell it to someone that loves it as much as you do. That buyer will pay what it's worth, factoring in the cost to build it, and won't be concerned with the mileage at all when it comes right down to it. Definitely not a lot around just like it with lower mileage! I hope you have a very good reason to sell it, otherwise drive and enjoy it!
    2014 SRT Black TA, 69,000 kms. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 19,000 kms.

While you call it a 1 of 1, it’s not one of those. This is a modified machine that was created by you after the fact. Not done as such going down the assembly line as a special order 1 of 1.

It’s unique for sure but also a bit odd looking. Those wheels and red mirrors are hard to get past. The paint work is quite different. I do not think this will be any easy sale at top dollar

Maybe break it down. You have a 13 GTS with 14K+ miles. What’s that worth? We all know that mods don’t get much when re-sold unfortunately. No matter what the quality. Could be as low as 10-20% of what you spent depending on the item. Add that up and you may be close to a price someone is willing to pay

Try running a BaT auction. No doubt getting the best prices for Vipers right now. Big audience and less sellers fees.
    Last edited by commandomatt; 08-13-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    What would it cost to change the wheel color and mirrors? Aren't wheels something like $150 each? Mirrors? Sounds like small change. Non-issue if you liked all the high dollar mods.
    2014 SRT Black TA, 69,000 kms. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 19,000 kms.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    North Texas

Stunning car in every way ...

Remember when it was being built ...

Hope he gets his price!

I don't think you will get as much as an untouched one but I also think you just gotta find the right buyer. Personally I am not one for modified cars but someone like my dad would be thrilled buying a car like this with a lot of the big ticket mods done to it already. I'd guess you could get somewhere in the mid-$80k range for it but list it for what you think is appropriate. Good luck with the sale!
    Current Garage: 95' Dodge Viper RT/10 (VIN 1336), 99’ Porsche 911 Carrera, 07’ Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT (Temporary Daily), 21' Jeep Wrangler WIlly's (On Order)
    Past Notable Cars: 08' CSRT4, 04' 986 Boxster, 02' C32 AMG

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT

Nice build good luck .

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    I don't think you will get as much as an untouched one but I also think you just gotta find the right buyer. Personally I am not one for modified cars but someone like my dad would be thrilled buying a car like this with a lot of the big ticket mods done to it already. I'd guess you could get somewhere in the mid-$80k range for it but list it for what you think is appropriate. Good luck with the sale!
    Mid $80k?? The engine is over $40k alone.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Thanks folks, appreciate all your comments.

After 8 years I felt it was time to move on, and was interested in opinions. I have no problem keeping it, as it makes no sense to take a beating for this ride.

Roy

The more personalized it gets the harder it is to sell IMO. It’s one of those “depends how much it strikes someone’s fancy” type things. I can see a lot people saying it’s not their style.
    I’d guess low 100s

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)

$95-105k

All I'd do is a matt white wrap and paint the wheels. Awesome car.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    I have always loved your build F2V. If I had the money, i;d make an offer. The fact that Mark Trostle was brought in to make sure they got the GTS-R livery right for a street car is amazing to me. Hope you decide to keep her but if you must sell it, hopefully she goes to a good home.
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    NY/CT
    I’ve seen this one in person and the quality of the work is bar none.

Just saying, the right buyer is out there if you’re willing to wait.
    Matt-
    2002 GTS - Graphite Metallic with Silver Stripes
    2017 Challenger Hellcat - Destroyer Grey
    2020 Ram 1500 - Billet Silver

NY/CT VOA - find us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyctvoa/

Was thinking the same before posting.

I'll probably keep it just for the Palm Beach Outlets monthly cars and coffee, that pulls in 1000's on occasions. On the other hand, wouldn't mind moving it out either, to make room for my return to Ferrari.

Wrap the mirror support posts black maybe. Refinish the wheels gloss black & maybe run a real thin pinstripe around the rim lip the same as the paint on the car is done.

I think it could bring 125k on BAT given its fully documented & the 9.0L is a huge selling point I think. Admittedly the paint scheme is personal preference but as a buyer, a wrap isn't far fetched if you'd want to live with the rest of it.
    2013 GTS Shadow Blue Pearl/Sepia/ExtCF/Trackpkg
    1 of 1 before being 1 of 1 was cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast