Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    New Guy With Wheel and Tire Questions

    Greetings from a Viper virgin. I purchased a 2000 Viper RT/10, pic attached. I am shocked at how hard it is to find wheels for this car! It currently has 18" SSR Comp H wheels, which look pretty good, but I want to explore other options. I'm open to real suggestions, preferably 18" front, 19" rear. By real, I mean they are actually available.

    My tires look great, but their date code is from 2009, which concerns me. It currently has 335/30/18s and 275/30/18s. I'm considering filling the fender gap with 345/35/18s and 275/35/18s. I've seen a Gen 2 GTS with that setup, and it looked amazing. I am looking Continental Extreme Contact Force tires. I'm looking for some feedback on tire sizes, and brand.

    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Looking for Mike's lost 747
    Posts
    2,701
    Go to the internet sell groups. There are tons of them for sale all the time. Not many people sell here because of the fees.

    Great looking car BTW.
    /''[ ]''|[___|___]
    [---T-- L -OlllllllO-]
    ()_)"""()_)/''''''''''\)_)

  3. #3
    Thanks for the compliment. I've searched already, hence why I posted. Do you have a specific one you are referring to?

  4. #4
    VOA Member
    since 2016
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    317
    Deviant wheels. They used to be a sponsor.

  5. #5
    Appreciate the feedback, but again, searching for Deviant Wheels brought up BMX wheels and hot wheels type art, nothing about Viper wheels.

  6. #6
    Enthusiast Viper GTS-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Uxbridge
    Posts
    128
    Deviant Wheels brought up BMX wheels
    And what’s wrong with BMX wheels on a Viper?
    They’re coming to get you Barbara.

  7. #7
    VOA Member
    since 2016
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    317
    Last edited by Viper98; 08-19-2021 at 12:31 PM.

  8. #8
    VOA Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    uvbnbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Nashvizzle TN
    Posts
    852
    there are 4 or 5 (maybe more) Viper FB pages, buy/sell/trade, a Viper wheel page, etc
    There are more tire options in the 18/19 set up.
    Which you go with will be best determined by your driving style, habits, intentions.
    2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....

  9. #9
    Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Chief View Post
    Greetings from a Viper virgin. I purchased a 2000 Viper RT/10, pic attached. I am shocked at how hard it is to find wheels for this car! It currently has 18" SSR Comp H wheels, which look pretty good, but I want to explore other options. I'm open to real suggestions, preferably 18" front, 19" rear. By real, I mean they are actually available.

    My tires look great, but their date code is from 2009, which concerns me. It currently has 335/30/18s and 275/30/18s. I'm considering filling the fender gap with 345/35/18s and 275/35/18s. I've seen a Gen 2 GTS with that setup, and it looked amazing. I am looking Continental Extreme Contact Force tires. I'm looking for some feedback on tire sizes, and brand.

    Thanks!
    Ditch the 2009 tires before they ditch you.
    C-FORCE tires delayed-delayed in Viper sizes. Creeping back-orders.
    Viper wheels need 6 lugs! Very limited menu.

    We can provide (today) OE Gen 5 Sidewinder-II Ultra wheels with new tires for about $5500. Black to match your batmobile.

    JonB@PartsRack.com
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com


  10. #10
    Enthusiast GTS Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Braunfels, TX
    Posts
    1,323
    It looks like you're got a Lemke 3-piece top with the center section still fastened in place. Did you own a T-top T/A or Z-28 in your past?
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

  11. #11
    Someone offered me some wheels on FB the other day, but I'm not interested. If you are, I can forward you their info. They're around Chicago.


    Screenshot 2021-08-18 090300.png

    218077169_2508700655941697_5978655868624386807_n.jpg

    155794206_898609247581656_2593760189348167508_n.jpg



    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    We can provide (today) OE Gen 5 Sidewinder-II Ultra wheels with new tires for about $5500. Black to match your batmobile.
    This would be a good buy, imo. They look natural on a Gen I/II and they're quite lightweight.

    EsMWclX.jpg
    Last edited by usmcfieldmp; 08-18-2021 at 09:16 AM.
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS || Matte Bentley Silver | 60k miles ||

    2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS || 2002 Audi TT Quattro || 1986 Volkswagen GTI

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcfieldmp View Post
    Someone offered me some wheels on FB the other day, but I'm not interested. If you are, I can forward you their info. They're around Chicago.


    Screenshot 2021-08-18 090300.png
    I love those wheels. Out of my budget as I'm a cheap ass and really do like my F14's. Just wish I went 19's in the front.

  13. #13
    Jon B, thanks for the information!!! Glad I found you.

    GTS Dean, that's hilarious! Yes, I've owned many F-bodies with T-tops, and yes I do like to drive it this way!!!

    USMCFIELDMP, I saw those on FB too, I like them, but don't love them.

    Thanks for the help! I always say that finding the right wheels and tires is harder than finding the right wife.

  14. #14
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Beebe, AR
    Posts
    22
    Very similar car to the one I just bought, down to the date code on the tires. Mine are from 08. I'm thinking about replacing what I've got with a set of rattlers in black.

  15. #15
    KC Chief

    If you do decide to go with different wheels, I might be interested in those SSRs.

    Just let me know if you decide to sell.
    03 C5 Z06 - K&N filter, Corsa Sport Cat Back - Torch Red
    96 Viper GTS - Corsa Cat Back - Blue and White
    02 Honda S2000 - Fujita CAI, Invidia Single Cat Back, Comptech coils - Sebring Silver

  16. #16
    lane_viper

    I'd consider selling them. I'm unable to send private messages yet (must be a post # requirement), you can try to send one with your phone number if you'd like. Thanks!

  17. #17
    VOA Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    uvbnbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Nashvizzle TN
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Chief View Post
    lane_viper

    I'm unable to send private messages yet (must be a post # requirement), you can try to send one with your phone number if you'd like. Thanks!
    You're listed as an "enthusiast", being a VOA member has other benefits here, like posting in classifieds for free, etc. PM's may be another?
    2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....

  18. #18
    Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Fatboy 18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South of London, Surrey
    Posts
    7,242
    One of our Uk members cars fitted with Sidewinder IIs (Purchased from JonB).
    IMG-20210808-WA0023.jpg
    Last edited by Fatboy 18; 08-20-2021 at 09:02 AM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by uvbnbit View Post
    You're listed as an "enthusiast", being a VOA member has other benefits here, like posting in classifieds for free, etc. PM's may be another?
    PM's can be sent as an Enthusiast. Probably just a time or post count limit.
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS || Matte Bentley Silver | 60k miles ||

    2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS || 2002 Audi TT Quattro || 1986 Volkswagen GTI

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Chief View Post
    lane_viper

    I'd consider selling them. I'm unable to send private messages yet (must be a post # requirement), you can try to send one with your phone number if you'd like. Thanks!
    Just sent PM
    03 C5 Z06 - K&N filter, Corsa Sport Cat Back - Torch Red
    96 Viper GTS - Corsa Cat Back - Blue and White
    02 Honda S2000 - Fujita CAI, Invidia Single Cat Back, Comptech coils - Sebring Silver

  21. #21
    Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    One of our Uk members cars fitted with Sidewinder IIs (Purchased from JonB).
    IMG-20210808-WA0023.jpg

    Thanks Fats..... Note that Mopar calls these wheels "HYPER BLACK" when they are not at all black! More of a gunmetal-pearl in my opinion.

    We do have true satin-Matte black. The BLACK color matches orange TA in background. Manufacturer gets confused too, and regularly mis-packages these wheels as the Black wheel. We have to inspect every box for correct color.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 08-20-2021 at 12:47 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com


  22. #22
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    15
    I just installed the Continentals on my 99 GTS with stock wheels and really enjoy them. Quiet and sticky compared to the old Michelin's I took off.

  23. #23
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Looking for Mike's lost 747
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by milehigh99GTS View Post
    I just installed the Continentals on my 99 GTS with stock wheels and really enjoy them. Quiet and sticky compared to the old Michelin's I took off.
    I suspect that if you had taken some old hard Continentals off and put new Michelins on the result would have been the same.

    Summary: Continental tires don't smash Michelin tire's performance. However, taking old worn out parts off, and putting brand new parts on, gives that impression.
    /''[ ]''|[___|___]
    [---T-- L -OlllllllO-]
    ()_)"""()_)/''''''''''\)_)


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •