just fixed my drivers glass window regulator in gen2 rt 10 total cost 0

Bought my 2000 RT/10 about 2 weeks ago - one issue was the drivers glass window was out of the car along with the regulator and tracks, and the wires from the regulator motor were out of the pulley. After going some research I realized the white plastic window clip (that glides inside the track and lifts the window) was missing. After more research I found that this clip is the same for 96-00 Caravans. Went to the local wrecker and was able to remove the clips by bending the stop tab - the wrecker gave them to me at no cost.

Next I bent the stop tab and slid the new clip onto the track and bent the stop tab back. Now for the hard part. The regulator motor already had the back metal cover removed (the revit was drilled out). After about an hour of fiddling I finally figured out how to reinstall and rewind the wire. The trick is to move the clip to the very bottom, then wind the bottom wire tight around the blue pulley (with the pulley out) and then have someone push the white end-stop as deep into the motor as possible (there is a spring, so someone needs to push the spring to the tightest position). At this point look how the pulley needs to fit into the slot and then connect a battery to the motor and spin it until pulley just fits as tight as possible as the spring is as tight as possible. Next get the top wire and detach the adjustable tab from the track (there are 4 slots in this tab). Now attach the wire end into the pulley and now pull hard on the tab (at the track) and fit it into one of the closest slots. I then tested it with a battery (switch the pos and neg to reverse the motor) and it worked perfect - the new clip was moving up and down the track perfect. Lastly to reattach the metal cover ovet the pulley I used 3 heavy duty zip-ties.

Next came the install of the assembly - it was real easy to fit it inside the door and screw (but kept loose). Next I got the window and started to slide it down the tracks. I found that removing the screw from the bottom non-regulator track made the window slide down easier. Lastly I fit the window tab into the hole of the new clip and put in the lock pin. Tested it with the car switch and works perfect.

Took me about 4 hours, but next time this can be done under 2 hours.

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Like this then?
    https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...ndow-Regulator

Check out the How To Guides for future problems

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Like this then?
    https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...ndow Regulator

Check out the How To Guides for future problems
    Hey - that is how I found the compatible part - though that right up didn't give any details on how to recoil the regulator motor - thought other owners would want a little more detail. I guess not - next time I do a repair I'll keep it to myself

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Hey I was trying to be helpful, I didn't know if you were aware of the Guides. That's great info you have posted here. I did my Regulator back as a member of the VCA before the new club was formed and my wires were really chewed up when i took the cover off the regulator, but since straightening out the wires its all working ok years later.
    Thanks for the extra info