VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA

Viper Days Reunion Special Thank You

The VOA and Viper Nation are well known for the comradery and generosity of their members. I've been fortunate to experience this first hand on numerous occasions and it happened once again this past weekend.

A very special thank you to Mark O'Dell for his generosity and trust at Viper Days Reunion! Having never met me in person, Mark offered his original prototype Comp Coupe (P4) for me to compete in the TT group while he ran the car in the race group. He may be new to the Viper family, but he clearly fits right in! Though the weather didn't cooperate, it was an honor to experience my first laps at Road America in such a historic car. Exiting pit road while staring out the windshield of a factory Viper race car with Bob Woodhouse's legendary Comp Coupe in front of me and Ben Keating in his Daytona winning GT3-R to my left was the stuff of dreams! For reasons I can't explain my camera turned off just after this moment. None of the laps were captured so I'll do my best to hold on to that special memory forever. Mark is a great guy and a very welcome addition to our group!

IMG_2562.jpg
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

I'm very happy you got to track a car at the event. That is Viper Days Sportsmanship if there ever was! It's truly amazing that the Viper owner community could be so generous. I've offered my seat to a few friends on the track a number of times, but I was physically there and knew them well enough to have a comfort level in doing so.

My car prep timeline was nearly derailed due to front rotor size issues. I was similarly offered the use of a CC by "13 Cobra" - someone I've never met before - as a last resort backup. He felt that he "knew" me well enough from my posts that he would consider entrusting me with his very special 'baby' for a weekend at the track at RA. We are such a tight group!
    Last edited by GTS Dean; 09-01-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    North Texas

Sounds like a super event!!!

The good old days reborn!!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    Wow that's also a very generous offer from Nick on the VCC. There was a gentleman walking the paddock this weekend who said he was a season ticket holder at Road America. He pointed out that we were the most welcoming and enthusiastic group he had experienced in recent memory supporting a major event. He referenced in particular his disappointment with a recent Corvette corral which he said was warning to "stay away from our cars." It was an interesting data point that reinforced my belief that our ownership group does seem to generate a unique experience.
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

I think that's due to the fact that EVERYWHERE you go in a Viper, peoples' faces light up and cameras start flashing. When you stop for gas, beer, or a meal, you are an instant celebrity and most of us enjoy sharing the experience with complete strangers.
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    This is really cool to hear! I whole-heartedly agree
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    NY/CT
    Well that's pretty F'in awesome! The Viper people are definitely a unique breed of passion and excite that I'm never seen from any other make.

Glad you're going to have memories that'll last forever; I know I'd never forget something like that.
    Matt-
    2002 GTS - Graphite Metallic with Silver Stripes
    2017 Challenger Hellcat - Destroyer Grey
    2020 Ram 1500 - Billet Silver

NY/CT VOA - find us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyctvoa/