want opinions on 2000 RT steel grey about adding silver stripes

So picked up my first Viper last month, a 2000 RT10 in steel grey (2000 was the only year Dodge made this color). From the reading I did, the RT10 did not have an option for strips, only the GTS did which for 2000 was silver strips.

Thinking of possibly adding strips to the RT10, which would be the factory silver color if I were to do it. Just wanted opinions from you guys as whether this woudl look good (better), or leave as-is. My concern is that once added, it generally becomes permanent as sunfade over the years can cause a difference if removed years later. Below is a pic of my car now, and below that a pic of a similar one I found on google with the strip.

So, what is your opinion - Yes or No

IMG_20210903_083910433[1].jpg

rt10 w strips.jpg
    Last edited by City; 09-05-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Enthusiast
    Strips? LMFAO they are called stripes bro.
    Last edited by City; 09-05-2021 at 07:42 AM. Reason: I fixed it for him "Sweet Dave" LOL
    /''[ ]''|[___|___]
    [---T-- L -OlllllllO-]
    ()_)"""()_)/''''''''''\)_)

Maybe try vinyl to see if you like it.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    you can find lots of pictures of RT/10's with stripes, many different colors. To decide. look at the pictures and say is that for me? Use vinyl, reasonable install costs. You shouldn't have issues down the road with sun fade. A profession shop should be able to buff the paint just fine.

On another note, you have the oddest rear wind I've ever seen on an RT/10
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    If you do them, just make sure they are removable in case you don’t like them or grow tired of the look. I’m not a huge fan of stripes on RT/10’s, but love them on the GTS.
    1992 RT/10 - The One & Only FIRST
    2002 ACR - Graphite / Silver Stripe 1 of 22
    2017 GTS-R - The Most Amazing and The Last

I luv stripes but it seems I always find the stripeless ones. I'm unfortunately influenced by my "keep it stock" frame of mind. Considered vinyl stipes at one time but worried about sun fade showing when and if I had to remove them. If you're not handicapped by "keep it stock" paint 'em on. The example looks great.

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    you can find lots of pictures of RT/10's with stripes, many different colors. To decide. look at the pictures and say is that for me? Use vinyl, reasonable install costs. You shouldn't have issues down the road with sun fade. A profession shop should be able to buff the paint just fine.

On another note, you have the oddest rear wind I've ever seen on an RT/10
    Seems to be installed unusually far forward on the trunk.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2014 SRT8 JGC Closed Roof (Gone and missed)
    2018 Range Rover Sport Dynamic
    Resident Misanthrope

yea, almost like the Dodge Stealth. Wonder if it’s a stealth spoiler on a viper?
    OP, care to share some more pics ? Am not a fan of it, but looks interesting…if you like it that’s what matters.

As for stripes, that pic looks great with stripes even thou I like the gts with stripes and rt10 stripeless.

Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    Seems to be installed unusually far forward on the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by 02rt10 View Post
    yea, almost like the Dodge Stealth. Wonder if it’s a stealth spoiler on a viper?
    OP, care to share some more pics ? Am not a fan of it, but looks interesting…if you like it that’s what matters.

As for stripes, that pic looks great with stripes even thou I like the gts with stripes and rt10 stripeless.
    It is not a stealth spoiler - it is the Mopar brand at Viperstore - see this site and scroll to the bottom and they have a stell grey with the same spoiler (https://theviperstore.com/Viper2_Pro...e_Spoilers.htm).

The difference is the previous owner did install it a few inches more forward than what is on the viperstore website. At first I wasn't sure about it either but have grown to really like it. In person it looks bad ass where it is. My viper eventually will need some various body work to repair paint cracks - might consider moving it more to the back then but until then will leave it.

I dunno man. That spoiler looks different than yours. The rear looks raised and like it hugs the car more. Maybe it's that it's mounted way forward but it doesn't look the same as yours looks angled at the edges.. Could be my eyes!
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    It is not a stealth spoiler - it is the Mopar brand at Viperstore

The difference is the previous owner did install it a few inches more forward than what is on the viperstore website.
    Dramatically different mounting location than all I have seen over almost 30 years of Viper ownership. I'd have to see a lot more photos before I decide whether it's aesthetically better or not. For now - just different.
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

I've always loved spoilers/wings but I've never seen one on the RT/10's that I really care for so I haven't put one on mine! As far as the stripes, that pic you posted looked like white stripes not silver but as a few other guys said I think they look better on the GTS than they do on the RT/10, guess that's why I've never put them on mine! In the end it's just a personal preference GL & Congrats on your RT/10
    13' SRT Viper, 00' RT/10 Viper, 18' LS500 Lexus, 15' RCF Lexus, 08' H2 Hummer, 71' Z/28

To me the biggest difference to my car was the newer/lighter 5 spoke wheels & most of all the 3-piece Jeff Lemke top! Especially the 3-piece top
    13' SRT Viper, 00' RT/10 Viper, 18' LS500 Lexus, 15' RCF Lexus, 08' H2 Hummer, 71' Z/28

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Here's my matte black on black stripes on the RT. Subtle, depending on the angle and lighting conditions ....but I really like them.
    RT stripes IMG_4116.jpg
    RT Stripes IMG_4117.PNG
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    RT SERPENT, looks beautiful!!!
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    RT SERPENT, looks beautiful!!!
    Thank you, sir
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Not a great pic but do like the subdued "ghost" stripes on my "new to me" 2001 Sapphire Blue

Note...original NJ car that spent some time in GA...original owner may have been on here or the other boards in years past.

2001.jpg
    Last edited by DOTK; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:47 PM.

Guys those Both look GREAT!