Thread: Flex in Hood

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    New Jersey

Flex in Hood

Was washing my 2013 today and while wiping down the hood, I must have had a bit of downward pressure as I felt the center of the hood flex downwards and heard a cracking type sound. Is that normal? I inspected it afterwards and see no defects in paint, underside has the hood pad so can't see anything there. But it looks perfectly fine but I wouldn't expect a CF hood to flex much? Any ideas?
    2013 GTS, Track Pack, Black/Silver
    Eat, Sleep and driveviper.com
    NJ VOA Facebook Group

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    I never had that issue and the center of my hood doesn't flex. To be honest I don't apply a lot of pressure to it either. I wouldn't expect much flex in a small concentrated area...How hard were you pushing down??

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    New Jersey

Few pounds of downward force, nothing like climbing into it. If the CF was actually cracked I would think the paint would be messed up, hood wouldn't open/close correctly, etc. Everything seems perfectly fine but I've never felt it move like that before.

They are very light and strong.. it wouldnt surprise me if it had a little flex in the middle

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    If the paint didn't crack, then don't sweat it. Just don't do any photo shoots with hot chicks laying across it and you'll be fine. Limit the photo shoots to the kinger in the boudoir.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    Hood definitely has some flex to it. I wouldnt sweat it.
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

Yeah, I've noticed this when washing the car. Absolutely normal.