VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

Gunmetal ACR on Bring A Trailer

@9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Beautiful color combination. This should see some big $$$ even as a '16 and not a '17. $290k.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    Beautiful color combination. This should see some big $$$ even as a '16 and not a '17. $290k.
    I am surprised that you keep bringing up the theoretical degradation in value of an ACR because it is a 2016 vice a 2017. Repeating a post from earlier: "Currently 3 of the 4 top sellers have been '16 DEC ACRs ($262/269.5/278), but with the low-miles '17 GTC #1/100 GTS-R leading the pack by a significant amount." The last couple of 2017 ACRs have sold for $250K or less, but they had more miles - probably a bigger factor than the year of manufacturer.
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida

Beautiful spec!!!! GunMetal has to be seen in the SUN to be appreciated. I say $245k

Quote Originally Posted by TheWessss View Post
    Beautiful spec!!!! GunMetal has to be seen in the SUN to be appreciated. I say $245k
    Couldn't agree more. Pretty much what my comment was on BaT.
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I am surprised that you keep bringing up the theoretical degradation in value of an ACR because it is a 2016 vice a 2017. Repeating a post from earlier: "Currently 3 of the 4 top sellers have been '16 DEC ACRs ($262/269.5/278), but with the low-miles '17 GTC #1/100 GTS-R leading the pack by a significant amount." The last couple of 2017 ACRs have sold for $250K or less, but they had more miles - probably a bigger factor than the year of manufacturer.
    I agree that your data seems to be proving wrong any notion that 16 vs. 17 makes a difference. At this stage, it appears that it may not.

But that also means that the market is not valuing anything having to do with final year cars which, as you know, had been perceived as one of the important value considerations underpinning the SE vs. non-SE debate (i.e. all SE cars are final year cars). Other value considerations urged by the SE owners are the limited run color combinations, and serialized plates on the interior. If final year adds no value, then that would seem to take away at least one of the arguments for why the SE cars will be valued higher than non-SE cars.

But, again, the actual data thus far seems to show that for ACR-E's, it is color combination first and foremost, followed by mileage/condition. Year does not seem to matter.
    Last edited by Scott_in_fl; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:30 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    I agree that your data seems to be proving wrong any notion that 16 vs. 17 makes a difference. At this stage, it appears that it may not.

But that also means that the market is not valuing anything having to do with final year cars which, as you know, had been perceived as one of the important value considerations underpinning the SE vs. non-SE debate (i.e. all SE cars are final year cars). Other value considerations urged by the SE owners are the limited run color combinations, and serialized plates on the interior. If final year adds no value, then that would seem to take away at least one of the arguments for why the SE cars will be valued higher than non-SE cars.

But, again, the actual data thus far seems to show that for ACR-E's, it is color combination first and foremost, followed by mileage/condition. Year does not seem to matter.
    One thing that may have leveled the price difference between the two years is, unlike some other brands and models, there were no major performance or appearance differences between the two years. They were essentially the same platform - same engine, same suspension/tires/wheels/brakes/interior/body panels/aero, etc. - with a few available cosmetic differences (color, SE badges, etc.) as you pointed out. Had the '17s had a distinct, significant option like a power upgrade, that would have made a difference. Being the first or last year of something when there is only a two year run of near-identical products doesn't seem to be a big factor. The introduction '16 has the 13 track record wow factor (the '16 that sold for $269.5+ had that paint scheme), and the '17 has Nürburgring and SE packages like the GTS-R tribute package. Each person has their own taste, but for me when I have the choice between a "pretty, somewhat comfortable" car and an iconic, never-to-be-seen-again symbol of our rude, crude, socially unacceptable past, I know which way I lean. LOL
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    "an iconic, never-to-be-seen-again symbol of our rude, crude, socially unacceptable past..."
    I like this quote and I think you really hit the nail on the head of such an important attribute of this car. With society moving towards an eco-friendly, all inclusive, all loving culture, there are fewer and fewer available outlets for us to express our different personalities, opinions, tastes, etc. Viper certainly harkens back to those times when it was acceptable to be rude, and crude, and loud and obnoxious. And, by owning one, you guarantee for yourself that you get to enjoy those memories every time you fire up that V-10. It's such an incredible, tangible piece of Americana and that aspect alone is likely to be a massive value driver.