Thread: Help AC noise

Enthusiast

Help AC noise

There is a buzzing sounds when I turn my AC on and it gets louder with acceleration. Does this mean my compressor could be crapping out? If so, any insight on replacing it? I just moved to Wesley Chapel Florida and know of no one reliable to do the work.

Does it work correctly, or not? Where does the buzzing seem to originate from? Things I would check first are loose compressor mounting bolts, followed by the clutch and hard lines for missing clamps.
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

I've noticed this same issue with my Gen 3. AC still seems to work fine. I notice the noise more in lower gears, especially near 2-3k RPM at lower speeds. Seems to become less noticeable as the car warms up.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Does it work correctly, or not? Where does the buzzing seem to originate from? Things I would check first are loose compressor mounting bolts, followed by the clutch and hard lines for missing clamps.
    Yes it blows cold air just fine. I found nothing loose initially but I will look again. It has to be something with the compressor I imagine….

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyk_6 View Post
    I've noticed this same issue with my Gen 3. AC still seems to work fine. I notice the noise more in lower gears, especially near 2-3k RPM at lower speeds. Seems to become less noticeable as the car warms up.
    If I figure it out I will let ya know. Definitely strange though