Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delivery Day

Quote Originally Posted by SilveRT8 View Post
    Yes
    Gotcha, I've scraped that quite a few times in my daily. The ground clearance of the car is 5-5.5 inches right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrokerAce View Post
    Send me your pics I'll post them up.
    Just sent

2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Whopperman View Post
    My delivery day is coming soon, hopefully in 6 days, and I want to hit the ground running with the car. I've seen a lot of people recommending mods to help the car out and was wondering if I'm missing anything. I plan on driving the car whenever I can barring salt and snow in NY/NJ, so far I am going to get a car cover (most likely cover king), rock guards, sun visor for the interior, window regulators, and potentially a seat lowering kit. Is there anything I'm missing or you guys recommend and preferred brands?
    Just tint (you can't even tell) the windshield. No need to mess with a windshield sun block thing.

Musts for me, as some others have pointed out:
    High flow cat. This is 100% a must have and the biggest one.
    Sound damping for the doors
    PPF
    Lower (however you want- springs, caps, coilovers, whatever)
    If it's black tint/wrap/whatever the front side markers:
    BEFORE and After AFTER
    Shift knob (Jesus, OEM is awful)

Things I did I thought were really good bangs for the buck
    side skirts ($1400 or so) but they came with the car
    carbon lip ($1400 or so) and came with the car
    Diffuser from ACRish - $1500ish BEFORE and AFTER and another AFTER
    Front wheel spacers (remove for track use) $60 (fronts are really tucked in- prob for aero)
    I got rid of the stupid chrome front emblem and chrome "GTS" side emblems too. Black emblems were like $40 for the pair.
    Carbon interior bits - $1000
    ACR sway bars (I did them at the same time as coilovers but people seem to like them without coilovers) ($300)

I got tractive coilovers. I'm not sure I'd call them a great bank for the buck, but it made the car so much better.

Wing (ACR or other brand) is pretty polarizing. Plus you need to stiffen the springs if you do it. However, if I didn't have a wing, I'd 100% have the TA lip spoiler + diffuser. Arizona did that at some point and posted pictures. It looks fantastic.

Also, grease up all the suspension points!

Congrats!
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded &2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

Quote Originally Posted by StrokerAce View Post
    love the white black and red scheme. My last car had that exact scheme! Nice!
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Just tint (you can't even tell) the windshield. No need to mess with a windshield sun block thing.

Musts for me, as some others have pointed out:
    High flow cat. This is 100% a must have and the biggest one.
    Sound damping for the doors
    PPF
    Lower (however you want- springs, caps, coilovers, whatever)
    If it's black tint/wrap/whatever the front side markers:
    BEFORE and After AFTER
    Shift knob (Jesus, OEM is awful)

Things I did I thought were really good bangs for the buck
    side skirts ($1400 or so) but they came with the car
    carbon lip ($1400 or so) and came with the car
    Diffuser from ACRish - $1500ish BEFORE and AFTER and another AFTER
    Front wheel spacers (remove for track use) $60 (fronts are really tucked in- prob for aero)
    I got rid of the stupid chrome front emblem and chrome "GTS" side emblems too. Black emblems were like $40 for the pair.
    Carbon interior bits - $1000
    ACR sway bars (I did them at the same time as coilovers but people seem to like them without coilovers) ($300)

I got tractive coilovers. I'm not sure I'd call them a great bank for the buck, but it made the car so much better.

Wing (ACR or other brand) is pretty polarizing. Plus you need to stiffen the springs if you do it. However, if I didn't have a wing, I'd 100% have the TA lip spoiler + diffuser. Arizona did that at some point and posted pictures. It looks fantastic.

Also, grease up all the suspension points!

Congrats!
    Thank you for all the info it helps a lot, I might do the window tint, but wont that make it harder to see a night?
    Instead of the high flow cats I was going to try and get a heat shield for the inside of the rocker panels to prevent discoloration and reduce the chances of searing anybody's legs. Probably going to use my friends garage and bang this out with the sound deadening and window regulators.
    The car currently has PPF on it, but it doesn't look clean and has some chips in it, it looks good from far but far from good.
    I think I'm going to stay away from doing the suspension so I can keep the different driving modes, but eventually might get an ACR/ ACR-E type of spoiler with a new trunk and get suspension. I remembered you saying how much it cost you and I need to start saving up a bit so I'll probably just do the ACR sway bars.
    For the rest of the cosmetics (with some function) I really like the canards, diffusers, and might end up doing them with the side skirts and carbon air vents, but I already have the T.A. 1.0 wing so I'll probably do the rest next year.
    Any recommendations for brands and tint%?

Quote Originally Posted by Whopperman View Post
    Thank you for all the info it helps a lot, I might do the window tint, but wont that make it harder to see a night?
    Instead of the high flow cats I was going to try and get a heat shield for the inside of the rocker panels to prevent discoloration and reduce the chances of searing anybody's legs. Probably going to use my friends garage and bang this out with the sound deadening and window regulators.
    The car currently has PPF on it, but it doesn't look clean and has some chips in it, it looks good from far but far from good.
    I think I'm going to stay away from doing the suspension so I can keep the different driving modes, but eventually might get an ACR/ ACR-E type of spoiler with a new trunk and get suspension. I remembered you saying how much it cost you and I need to start saving up a bit so I'll probably just do the ACR sway bars.
    For the rest of the cosmetics (with some function) I really like the canards, diffusers, and might end up doing them with the side skirts and carbon air vents, but I already have the T.A. 1.0 wing so I'll probably do the rest next year.
    Any recommendations for brands and tint%?
    Tint: Yes, a little harder, but you can't see shit out of this car to begin with. I have very dark tint and it's fine. I've never thought "oh man, I can't see out my side window well enough!" I have, however, thought "this sun sucks" and "it's getting hot in here" and "it looks way better with tint!" Get one of the tints with ceramic in them so it actually does something for heat.

If you're talking about FRONT WINDOW tint, it's basically clear. You honestly wouldn't even notice it if you got in my car. I forgot my car even has it.

It's already got a ton of heat insulation in there. Cats get very hot. That's literally how they work.

You can keep bimode suspension with lowering caps. It doesn't change anything about the suspension. If you did tractive, you'd keep two mode as well. But lowering caps are the easy solution. If you got a wing of any sort, aftermarket, ACR, whatever, you'll need stiffer springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Tint: Yes, a little harder, but you can't see shit out of this car to begin with. I have very dark tint and it's fine. I've never thought "oh man, I can't see out my side window well enough!" I have, however, thought "this sun sucks" and "it's getting hot in here" and "it looks way better with tint!" Get one of the tints with ceramic in them so it actually does something for heat.

If you're talking about FRONT WINDOW tint, it's basically clear. You honestly wouldn't even notice it if you got in my car. I forgot my car even has it.

It's already got a ton of heat insulation in there. Cats get very hot. That's literally how they work.

You can keep bimode suspension with lowering caps. It doesn't change anything about the suspension. If you did tractive, you'd keep two mode as well. But lowering caps are the easy solution. If you got a wing of any sort, aftermarket, ACR, whatever, you'll need stiffer springs.
    Car currently has window tints, looks like 20%, but I would want to potentially tint my dash to prevent the interior from discoloration and warping.
    Should I refrain from doing any heat insulation for the rocker panels and hope that they don't start to yellow or anything since I want to refrain from doing headers?
    With lowering caps and tractive I'd be able to maintain both suspension modes and just have the car sit a bit lower?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12