Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by simon455 View Post
    Owner is not hiding anything. Bet his oil sample would show better than any “garage trophy” that gets started for few minutes or seconds only when buddies come over for a latte.
    Wow. Talk about preconceived notions. They drink iced mocha lattes.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Yeah, it's wild! The only "detection" for natural gas leak is blowing up the whole neighborhood! I get they aren't in pvc/pex pipes, but still- shit happens! I was shocked that I couldn't smell it either.

Needless to say, I have a natural gas detector on every floor and the attic (it is lighter than air) now.
    Natural gas is used extensively in many parts of Canada. Up here they add an odourant chemical called mercaptan. Powerful and smells awful, even in minute traces.
    I would have thought that would be standard everywhere. That's the warning ....assuming you don't have covid or blocked sinuses
    Most houses around here with combustible fuel heat sources have carbon monoxide detectors, but very rare to have a natural gas detector.
    Something to look in to.
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by RT SERPENT View Post
    Natural gas is used extensively in many parts of Canada. Up here they add an odourant chemical called mercaptan. Powerful and smells awful, even in minute traces.
    I would have thought that would be standard everywhere. That's the warning ....assuming you don't have covid or blocked sinuses
    Most houses around here with combustible fuel heat sources have carbon monoxide detectors, but very rare to have a natural gas detector.
    Something to look in to.
    We found a natural gas leak in my house during the inspection right before we bought it.

How was it discovered? The smell.

I'm not buying the need for a natural gas detector, assuming the supplier isn't skimping out on the additives.
    Last edited by Steve M; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:42 AM.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Quote Originally Posted by RT SERPENT View Post
    Something to look in to.
    Same here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    We found a natural gas leak in my house during the inspection right before we bought it.

How was it discovered? The smell.

I'm not buying the need for a natural gas detector, assuming the supplier isn't skimping out on the additives.
    Two of us were living there, didn't smell a thing. Heck, neither did the plumber.

Kind of wild story. My builders hard wired and installed CO2 detectors, but never plugged them in. So they were in the ceilings and hard wired and I never thought anything of it. Plumber came to check the furnice and was like... ughh... I found your problem.

b9kbgRS.jpg

But hey, check out what the tech guys did at my office when they serviced/updated my internet!

https://i.imgur.com/bM2roeh.mp4
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded &2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    LOL! It's hard to find good help these days.

Unless you do a lot of heavy breathing or are stacking decaying bodies up in the basement, your builders might have done better by installing the "more useful" CO detector.
    (sorry, couldn't resist)
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    I don't get why he'd leave the 5pt harness, diff cooler and tow hooks on.

I'm not saying to lie about track use, but don't make it a giant red flag. I would assume someone tracked the shit out of this car. Most people who track a car once a blue moon don't get them corner weighted, and install 5pt harnesses, aux coolers and tow hooks lol.

I worry my suspension will make people think my car was tracked a lot.
    I did track that thing a few times. Initially I bought the harness because I was convinced that the car came with it, and when I realized that it did not, I had to get one
    When I put it up for auction, I didn't have anything to hide and honestly, it's an ACR, it ought to see the track.

Anyway, I would have done whoever bought the car a disservice if I had removed all those things and pretended that I didn't track it. You can tell pretty easily anyway, so might as well be honest.
    Hopefully the buyer will drive it more than I did. That's pretty much the reason I sold it, didn't want it to become a garage queen like so many are, because I don't drive much and it deserves to be driven.
    2018 Challenger T/A 392. 2016 Viper ACR-E Competition Blue
    2005 Lotus Elise (Track Car). 2004 RAM 1500 Rumble Bee

Quote Originally Posted by simon455 View Post
    Owner is not hiding anything. Bet his oil sample would show better than any “garage trophy” that gets started for few minutes or seconds only when buddies come over for a latte.
    This ^^^
    Plus, I don't drink coffee that much and girly drinks like lattes even less so
    2018 Challenger T/A 392. 2016 Viper ACR-E Competition Blue
    2005 Lotus Elise (Track Car). 2004 RAM 1500 Rumble Bee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12