Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

Comp Blue ACR on Bring A Trailer

And another one! Looks l like the owner drove it a bit! Awesome color. Needs black stripes!
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...viper-acr-e-7/
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

I don't get why he'd leave the 5pt harness, diff cooler and tow hooks on.

I'm not saying to lie about track use, but don't make it a giant red flag. I would assume someone tracked the shit out of this car. Most people who track a car once a blue moon don't get them corner weighted, and install 5pt harnesses, aux coolers and tow hooks lol.

I worry my suspension will make people think my car was tracked a lot.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded &2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    I don't get why he'd leave the 5pt harness, diff cooler and tow hooks on.

I'm not saying to lie about track use, but don't make it a giant red flag. I would assume someone tracked the shit out of this car. Most people who track a car once a blue moon don't get them corner weighted, and install 5pt harnesses, aux coolers and tow hooks lol.

I worry my suspension will make people think my car was tracked a lot.
    I wouldn't sweat that. I've seen more Vipers with all of the aforementioned modifications that have only been on the track once, than I have a hard track car haha

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    I wouldn't sweat that. I've seen more Vipers with all of the aforementioned modifications that have only been on the track once, than I have a hard track car haha
    Man, track time beats up a car.

If I was buying an ACR, no chance I'd pay the same amount for one tracked a lot than a bone stock one where I have little to no reason to think it was heavily tracked.

It's certainly not improving value. At best it wont hurt him. Might as well sell the car and then sell the other stuff on ebay lol.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis

If I was buying an ACR, no chance I'd pay the same amount for one tracked a lot than a bone stock one where I have little to no reason to think it was heavily tracked.

It's certainly not improving value. At best it wont hurt him. Might as well sell the car and then sell the other stuff on ebay lol.
    This is like the age old argument.

I know track cars that are in better mechanical shape than garage queens, and vice versa. I'd check the paint, windshield and look underneath for physical issues. Then I'd pull the dipstick and would feel confident buying it whether it was a garage queen or a track monster.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming

That blue would look so nice with number plates on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    This is like the age old argument.

I know track cars that are in better mechanical shape than garage queens, and vice versa. I'd check the paint, windshield and look underneath for physical issues. Then I'd pull the dipstick and would feel confident buying it whether it was a garage queen or a track monster.
    My car has 6 point harnesses in it, and has more track miles than street miles. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on this one, you know the engine is good if he drove it. Tracking is hard on brakes and tires, both wear items. Sure, mis-shifts can be hard on an engine, but a guy can mis-shift on the street or drag strip too........

I would snag this car in a second, but not for what it'll likely hammer at. A 25% better car isn't worth double to me, but I sure like it.

The more I look at it, this would have been the exact one I'd buy, Comp blue, base spec, ACR interior with the carbon brakes, etc.....

And looks to me that the front rotors are at the point where they would be very hard on pads now. Very honest representation, with rubber marks still on the paint. Maybe it will scare off guys afraid of track miles, down to where I'd buy it? Nah.....
    Last edited by darbgnik; 09-20-2021 at 09:00 PM.
    Brad Williams
    2015 Competition Blue SRT - V/E DSC Suspension - TA1 Aero - StopTech's - SW2's with Corsas, Hummer H1, 70 Dodge Charger, BMW R1200GS Rallye, Ducati 999S, etc

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California

3 kinds of ACR buyers, the folks who track them and know their killer with a few upgrades, the Viper enthusiast who does occasional "spirited driving" but mostly goes to cars & coffee to get attention and tell people how many track records they set, then lastly the investors who are brand agnostic and just want to make money.

Beyond the description of this Viper, he left all the track rubber on the fascia and sills. Betting the seller could care less if it doesn't bring all the $$$'s of a garage queen, he had his fun and probably is going next level.

Sure this one isn't for you, but all of the 3 ACR buyers will pull the trigger at the right price. What I hate is that some of the guys I know with similar cars now worry about resale vs having fun at the track. Life's too short, track 'em!!!!
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    I wouldn't be worried about the mechanicals of a tracked car, just the cosmetics. Track miles do a lot of sandblasting damage, so much time spent above 100mph. Throw in slicks and it gets really bad. My race car probably has 5000 track miles on it total and the entire underside is destroyed, looks like it was on a rotisserie and sandblasted for a week straight. All the wheel well paint is sandblasted bald, fender liners destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    I wouldn't be worried about the mechanicals of a tracked car, just the cosmetics. Track miles do a lot of sandblasting damage, so much time spent above 100mph. Throw in slicks and it gets really bad. My race car probably has 5000 track miles on it total and the entire underside is destroyed, looks like it was on a rotisserie and sandblasted for a week straight. All the wheel well paint is sandblasted bald, fender liners destroyed.
    Any bets on the hammer price? Be nice if the car scared away the "investors".
    Brad Williams
    2015 Competition Blue SRT - V/E DSC Suspension - TA1 Aero - StopTech's - SW2's with Corsas, Hummer H1, 70 Dodge Charger, BMW R1200GS Rallye, Ducati 999S, etc

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    AZ with 5,000 miles at 70 mph that's 70 hours on the motor. F' Cosmetics, think about when to rebuild the motor!!
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    AZ with 5,000 miles at 70 mph that's 70 hours on the motor. F' Cosmetics, think about when to rebuild the motor!!
    Thought they were good for well over 60k miles?

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopperman View Post
    Thought they were good for well over 60k miles?
    Big difference between street and track miles!!! 60K track miles and you don't need to worry about rebuilding, your motor will have already imploded!

Dodge recommends Comp Coupe's refresh at 50-60 hours

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    Any bets on the hammer price? Be nice if the car scared away the "investors".
    Bid price is already 50% over MSRP, with 14K miles - and there are 7 days left. Guess it didn't scare everybody away.
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

Always a good selling point to post a photo with CEL light on.

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    3 kinds of ACR buyers, the folks who track them and know their killer with a few upgrades, the Viper enthusiast who does occasional "spirited driving" but mostly goes to cars & coffee to get attention and tell people how many track records they set, then lastly the investors who are brand agnostic and just want to make money.

Beyond the description of this Viper, he left all the track rubber on the fascia and sills. Betting the seller could care less if it doesn't bring all the $$$'s of a garage queen, he had his fun and probably is going next level.

Sure this one isn't for you, but all of the 3 ACR buyers will pull the trigger at the right price. What I hate is that some of the guys I know with similar cars now worry about resale vs having fun at the track. Life's too short, track 'em!!!!
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just got out of ICU with covid! It was a close one. LIFE IS WAYYYY TOOO SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Money doesn't buy more years to your life, live it to the fullest.
    Sublime Pearl ACRRRR
    M&M Performance

^^^ Man, good for you!!!

You're part of a low percentage of folks that leave the ICU after having been there for Covid.

Did they do the Regeneron antibody therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by SNKEBIT View Post
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just got out of ICU with covid! It was a close one. LIFE IS WAYYYY TOOO SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Money doesn't buy more years to your life, live it to the fullest.
    Agreed.
    2017 ACR-E
    2004 Lambo Murcielago -- Gated Manual, 2004 Challenge Stradale
    2018 991.2 GT3 -- Manual, 2019 Raptor

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    Mid-South (AR/LA/MS)
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No doubt. Congrats on the recovery.
    2017 GTS-R Blue GTC - TA 1.0 Group
    2016 Focus RS
    2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congrats on recovery! I ended up with a Viper in a similar way. I was getting light headed, headaches, getting disoriented, and a few other things. Doctor was concerned it might be brain cancer (age 36!). The ~4 days waiting for an MRI of my brain and the results were about the longest of my life. Very fortunately, it was negative (and more surprisingly, normal! haha!) Then I found out it was a natural gas leak in my house when my GF got back in town after a week out of town and she had the same symptoms.

Decided dying with a lot of money wasn't as big of a priority and bought the car I could easily afford within a few days.

BTW: Carbon monoxide detectors don't detect natural gas. Get natural gas detectors.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

BTW: Carbon monoxide detectors don't detect natural gas. Get natural gas detectors.
    Woah, that's crazy they aren't required in houses with natural gas then... Makes no sense....

Love the Comp blue with no stripes. I rather buy a well-cared for track car than one street driven that the owner checks the oil once a year to find out its 3 quarts low, drives it in all kinds of weather and only lets the dealer put the wrenches to it. I’ve read plenty of posts on this site about “Dealer Maintenance”. If your tracking it then you are all about keeping up the car unless you are a horses ass, These cars were built for this .
    2014 TA orange #55

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    Ontario
    Owner is not hiding anything. Bet his oil sample would show better than any “garage trophy” that gets started for few minutes or seconds only when buddies come over for a latte.
    14 black venom TA

Woah, that's crazy they aren't required in houses with natural gas then... Makes no sense....
    Yeah, it's wild! The only "detection" for natural gas leak is blowing up the whole neighborhood! I get they aren't in pvc/pex pipes, but still- shit happens! I was shocked that I couldn't smell it either.

Needless to say, I have a natural gas detector on every floor and the attic (it is lighter than air) now.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So glad to hear you are on the mend, buddy! You're posting ... so that's a good sign!
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast