Dodge Viper Mamba Info

Hi Guys

Hope all is good?

I was wondering someone can help me with info regarding my recently purchased 2005 Dodge Viper Mamba Edition.
    So far i've recieved information from the original dealer who sold the car but I cannot find the info regarding which # out of 200 my Mamba is.
    The sticker on the centre console has also been removed sometime in the past.

VIN number is 1B3JZ65Z15V500975

Thanks

Mike

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Congrats:

You'll feel better if you are content in knowing you are "ONE out of TWO HUNDRED"
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Member
    since 2019
    St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by mbmike18 View Post
    Hi Guys

Hope all is good?

I was wondering someone can help me with info regarding my recently purchased 2005 Dodge Viper Mamba Edition.
    So far i've recieved information from the original dealer who sold the car but I cannot find the info regarding which # out of 200 my Mamba is.
    The sticker on the centre console has also been removed sometime in the past.

VIN number is 1B3JZ65Z15V500975

Thanks

Mike
    I have a mama addition also and I’ve done some research which is pretty quick to be achieved.
    you cannot tell anything by the Vin number the number edition of the “mamba” simply is random, no way to verify

What color is the car?
    You can teach a dog to fetch, therefore you teach a potato to dance! “Amazingly Bad Analogy”

@pokeyl - its the 2005 model, so the silver one.

@jon B - thanks, i am. would have just been nice to put a number next to it

@wytsnke - i've also been doing some research and found alot of info but indeed without the random Mamba edition number.

thanks

Mike

Once the tag has been removed there is no public documentation that shows the # of. The only way to find out is to locate the original owner in hopes he/she remembers. You can call a Dodge Dealer and they won't have a clue. In most cases like this, even the Viper Historical society has no clue. If the Viper was used by the marketing department, they may still know, you just have to find the right person to talk to (not holding my breath). It is my impression Dodge/FCA/Chrysler/SRT used the drunkest person on shift to determine what number went on what Viper and the second most drunk person on shift to documented it...

With all that said, find the original owner, and ask, it's the only real hope

Quote Originally Posted by mbmike18 View Post
    @pokeyl - its the 2005 model, so the silver one.

@jon B - thanks, i am. would have just been nice to put a number next to it

@wytsnke - i've also been doing some research and found alot of info but indeed without the random Mamba edition number.

thanks

Mike
    I have a silver 2005 #94, so you know it's not that one

Good luck with the search!
    2013 Viper GTS LE 29/150 PROSPEED750 F1X
    1997 Viper GTS B/W - all original - 2850 Miles

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    HISSSSStory tidbit:

Lulu, the CAAP craftsperson in charge of delivery scheduling, randomly assigned most dash-plaques, by simply drawing them from a small cigar-box looking container. # 1 - 10, and last 5, were usually held for a while to see if dealers or Dodge Marketing asked for them. Or if specific numbers (like #49 ) were pre-requested by execs or or VIPs or clubbers.

I actually watched the process as Lulu selected some numbers for 2006 FED coupes back in Aug 2005.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 10-06-2021 at 04:03 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

That means anyone can turn their car into a Mamba with a two tone interior and a sticker....

Wonder If there's a few fakes going around

Quote Originally Posted by 1Willy1 View Post
    That means anyone can turn their car into a Mamba with a two tone interior and a sticker....

Wonder If there's a few fakes going around
    Actually they can NOT. The VIN’s are clearly identified as Mamba. It’s the # of that is unclear. I know the Final Editions are attempted to be authentic, so anything can be attempted.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    Actually they can NOT. The VIN’s are clearly identified as Mamba. It’s the # of that is unclear. I know the Final Editions are attempted to be authentic, so anything can be attempted.
    OK that's good to know