Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Michael Kuchavik Sr.
    VOA National Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    WV/PA
    The internet is a place for people to vent their thoughts without any regard to the truth or untruth. It is easy to type on a forum and criticize and vent whatever negativity you have. Every Board member volunteers their own time to make the club a fun experience for all the members. It is sad to see how an epidemic and some money errors have caused so much negativity. Meanwhile we have many qualified people working on steering the ship in the right direction. Business owners, accountants, etc are working on gathering data which is not easy to do in cash base business. They have volunteered because they believe in the club and are not going to let negativity from a forum steer them in any other direction. Beth is working many hours along with others to deliver options moving forward. I would appreciate you respect the hard work being done.
    WV/PA President

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    I’d love to have my questions answered but it seems that neither Beth nor Maurice have any interest. Not pointing fingers just simple questions to a simple issue those in charge wish to make obscure/complicated.
    Last edited by Drummerviper; 1 Week Ago at 07:29 PM.
    17 GTS-R, 92 Viper, (Lutz VIN 00002) , 06 Heritage Ford GT, 19 Ferrari 488 Pista,
    15 Lamborghini Aventador, 18 Ford GT

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post
    As intended in the bylaws a written request is to be submitted directly to the treasurer.
    I'm sorry but the text of the actual bylaw clearly does not provide for that "intent". The entire purpose of a bylaw is to avoid situations of "intent" which is why a specific process, procedure, or rule is created to deal with it. In this case, we have a bylaw that deals directly with the situation at hand of requesting financial information. You can disagree with it (perhaps suggest an amendment in the future), but that does not, at this juncture, change it.

As the head executive of this organization, I would also submit that a message delivered to you would be a message received by the organization.

The tactics here are just bizarre for an organization that claims to champion transparency.
    2006 SRT-10

Beth Perry Sewell
    VOA National President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
    This above just isn't right. So we're going to hide behind a technicality of a bylaw? It's obvious financials are wanting to be seen by members. Can't say I appreciate the attitude of 'submit a formal written request' if you want info. This can of worms was opened up and it's time to just put it all out there for everyone to see. Why try to make it difficult?? Doesn't seem like the right attitude for the President to preach procedure instead of making the info immediately available for every paying member to see.
    The bylaws were written 7+ years ago and had not contemplated requests via a forum post as opposed to a simple email to the treasurer (treasurer@driveviper.com).
    '08 Venom Red Roadster with ACR aero
    '10 White ACRX #18
    '14 White Medusa #1 of 10 w/ ViperExchange Dynamic Suspension

Beth Perry Sewell
    VOA National President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston
    Folks, tell me exactly what financial information everyone wants to see. People are demanding information but nothing specific has been requested. What year(s) do you want? What level of detail do you want? Do you want every transaction received and disbursed over what time period? Do you want the tax return filed with the IRS? Please specify . . .
    '08 Venom Red Roadster with ACR aero
    '10 White ACRX #18
    '14 White Medusa #1 of 10 w/ ViperExchange Dynamic Suspension

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by mkviper96 View Post
    The internet is a place for people to vent their thoughts without any regard to the truth or untruth. It is easy to type on a forum and criticize and vent whatever negativity you have. Every Board member volunteers their own time to make the club a fun experience for all the members. It is sad to see how an epidemic and some money errors have caused so much negativity.
    Some money errors?

The reason why some people are so upset is because at the surface level, it looks like a repeat of what happened with the VCA. Prove to us this is not the VCA all over again.

That's why people want more details/info, because they want to be able to determine whether or not that's the case for themselves rather than taking someone else's word for it.

The information that has been provided to date has shown that this is a magazine club that kinda likes Vipers. I'm sure there's more to the story than that, but if you follow the dollars, that's where it is pointing. The board has made the decision to raise the dues for everyone to support the magazine's continuation. They are most certainly free to make that decision...whether or not that pays off remains to be seen.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    The bylaws were written 7+ years ago and had not contemplated requests via a forum post as opposed to a simple email to the treasurer (treasurer@driveviper.com).
    The bylaws should be updated regularly, and if they're not, it's really hard in a situation such as this for you to say how it's intended to be read or not.

For one, I didn't know the treasurer's email address until this post, so I would've had no idea how to contact them outside of this forum. Maybe the treasurer answers their email regularly. I sent an email to admin@driveviper.com yesterday afternoon and have yet to get a reply.

Beth, I'm sure you're a great person and more than likely inherited this issue, but the way it's being described at surface level, the way it's been mentioned that all members will receive an 'email' (and haven't), etc etc etc, is not a great look for the organization.

The regional Presidents should take some type of vote within their region about continuing the magazine as it is, or lessening that cost. I think the membership would have a different view on raising dues to cover a magazine.

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    The internet is a place for people to vent their thoughts without any regard to the truth or untruth. It is easy to type on a forum and criticize and vent whatever negativity you have.

Every Board member volunteers their own time to make the club a fun experience for all the members. It is sad to see how an epidemic and some money errors have caused so much negativity.

Meanwhile we have many qualified people working on steering the ship in the right direction. Business owners, accountants, etc are working on gathering data which is not easy to do in cash base business. They have volunteered because they believe in the club and are not going to let negativity from a forum steer them in any other direction.

Beth is working many hours along with others to deliver options moving forward. I would appreciate you respect the hard work being done.

Michael, VOA-VP:

You are not addressing a collection of internet trolls here! They are not shouting the proverbial "FIRE" without already smelling some wisps of smoke. The vast majority of 225+ questions and comments in two threads [one closed!] are from paying Members, Financial Supporters, Owner-enthusiasts, and past (Legacy) members. Some have paid $1000++ supporting the VOA. Some far more. Some entire REGIONS are acting on paid-member concerns.

So, please do not insinuate that these commentators are doing so 'without regard to the truth....' This quest is in fact to uncover, determine, and hopefully publish the truth. Then make repairs.

The prior club had a BOD who was for the most part well-intended, but asleep at the ship's tiller. The VOA 'founders' promised that would never happen again. Some of those very same BOD are on this newer ship. Some eagerly await the Fin-Com report..some are ZZZzzz-ing away in their ship's smokey cabins.

(I am told that you may have aspirations of becoming the 2022-24 VOA prez? [And running unopposed for that next month?] And you may even be the non-CPA Team Leader of the 3 CPAs of the new Fin-Com, scheduled to report to BOD next month? And maybe to Member/Supporters too?

If so, Good Luck with the volunteer tasks at hand. If not, please forgive my misinformed mistake.)

JonB, Past Volunteer:

IVR Charter Regional President - 1993-4
    Car&Driver Viper Forum founder and moderator 94-96
    VCA Co-Founding-14 Regional Presidents 1995
    VCA Founding National Secty-Treasurer 95-99
    VCA Regional President. 95-01
    VCA Proud Sponsor 1996 until [illegally] banned in 2010.
    VOA inaugural and continuous proud sponsor 2013 - present.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 1 Week Ago at 01:18 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Folks, tell me exactly what financial information everyone wants to see. People are demanding information but nothing specific has been requested. What year(s) do you want? What level of detail do you want? Do you want every transaction received and disbursed over what time period? Do you want the tax return filed with the IRS? Please specify . . .
    Beth,

Okay, you asked, so here are the only questions I would liked answered. Should not be hard at all.

!. Would like to see what was subitted to the bank that processed the SBA loan to include a Balance sheet and a Profit and Loss Statement. I'm surprised we were approved.
    2. Breakdown (detailed gathering/designing/assembling/printing/mailing/) of the cost of the quaeterly Magazine and who gets what
    3. Cost breakdown of the NVE4 (Mainly the cost related to all tracking events - and who got paid)
    4. How many members actually tracked their Vipers opposed to those that didn't and funded those that did
    5. Membership decline or increase since 2018
    6. How many 1099s were given out and what FOR and total reinbursement expese the club paid out, plus salaries by position.
    7. Profit & Loss of the Club's Viper Store, to include purchases and sales for the last five years
    8. Estimated Budgeted cost to produce the quarterly magizine for an on-line basis and the cost to print them for the Mamba members. Surely we have one done.
    9. Balance Sheet and Income Statement since 2014. If we were not required to do one...SHOULD make it a requirement in the future, its a great tool to have on hand.
    10. A Year-by-year comparision sheet (Maybe a IRS Schedule E) that includes all revenues and expenses broken down since 2014. Again, if we don't do one great idea if we did, as then the BOD could see the broader breakdown in the club's finances to avert the financial situation we are in.

Beth, just a few, but the ones I would like to see answered. Not hard to do, as my CPA does this for our business and more for around $1200. I'm sure my company is a littler more complicated than the club's return would be. I would even suggest having an oustide CPA firm do it and pay them.

Please feel free to answer the items on the forum, as I would assume many otheres have the same concerns.

Jeff Barnes

It is sad to see how an epidemic and some money errors have caused so much negativity.
    Well, this certainly doesn't rise to the seriousness of that time when 'some people did some things.' But the fact that history is repeating itself in uncanny fashion begets angst and distrust.
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12