Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cost4133 View Post
    Unfortunately i think enough people will renew. I know my region, There has been no communication about any of this. Just the emails reminding us to re-up. Some of us have discussed outside of official channels but that is 10-15 of us out of 70+
    Not a peep out of Ohio's leadership about any of this.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

I've yet to receive any financial information from my region. Thanks to all that have made this transparent. A bit less can be said for the rest...
    Last edited by Mopar'er no car; 11-17-2021 at 07:00 PM.
    Stripe Delete Slate Coupe *eats curves*
    Magnum SRT8 *eats cargo*
    500 Abarth *eats vettes*

Nothing from my region.
    I almost renewed until I seen this thread.

Assuming for discussion sake the failure to provide material information to the members described above is correct, the behavior is rather strange considering the fact that the mother entity and most, if not all, of the domestic VCA chapters have federal tax exemptions and the duties of transparency and disclosure are greater not less than for a non exempt entity. Also, the facts concerning the publication of the magazine and who may have profited in anyway by participating in it are important to make sure there was no inadvertent inurement. Perhaps it’s just a matter of the mothership and the chapters, all of which have volunteer leadership, not being fully aware of the difference between a tax exempt entity and a for profit regular business. Once again, if the allegations concerning nondisclosure are true, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt assuming they cure the lack of disclosure as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Unlimtd; 11-17-2021 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    I'm in New England as well and I haven't heard anything from our Prez. The only way I am informed is this Forum and Mark! Not sure how many people in our Region even knows what's going on..
    I haven’t heard anything either from our Prez. Just what I read here
    -craig

As I have said, if any of you want to see the meeting and PowerPoint presentation of the review or audit or review whatever you wish to call it drop me a private message with your email and I will forward it to you.

How does one PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimtd View Post
    How does one PM?
    Just click on the members profile name or pic and a pop up box will appear saying send private message.

I have just sent you a private message, look at Notifications on the top of the forum tool bar
    Last edited by Fatboy 18; 11-18-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Thank you.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    I'm just glad leadership is being more transparent than the leadership under VCA.

Oh wait.

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Very surprised to hear that regional presidents aren't sharing this with their members. I almost posted the whole deck here, until I realized this will get published to folks outside of membership. Ugh!
    A few words of CAUTION to those who think
    a VIPER looks MEAN, ARROGANT and HOSTILE...
    CUT OUT THE FLATTERY!

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Very surprised to hear that regional presidents aren't sharing this with their members. I almost posted the whole deck here, until I realized this will get published to folks outside of membership. Ugh!
    Not in Michigan either. The silence is deafening.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Not in Michigan either. The silence is deafening.
    Your MCVO president has been fully engaged on the VOA Board where he's been representing your region's interests extremely well. If you reach out to Mike I'm sure you'll find he's working on a communication.
    VOA 2022 Communication Team Member

2014 SRT Black TA, 76,000 kms. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 22,000 kms.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    Your MCVO president has been fully engaged on the VOA Board where he's been representing your region's interests extremely well. If you reach out to Mike I'm sure you'll find he's working on a communication.
    Bruce,

Thanks for attempting to ease the frustrations.

The fact of the matter is, the November 14th date was thrown out there to the general membership by national as a date for the conclusion of the audit/review/glanceover/etc, that day has come and passed. General membership isn't privy to the same information the regional presidents are, nor the communications.

In my opinion, directly following the meeting on the 14th, each President should have sent out an email notifying general members that they had indeed received the audit results, and would be drafting a statement that would deliver on ____________ day. By not saying anything, general members must assume that the lack of transparency from national to the regions, is only getting passed along from regions to members.

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Bruce,

Thanks for attempting to ease the frustrations.

The fact of the matter is, the November 14th date was thrown out there to the general membership by national as a date for the conclusion of the audit/review/glanceover/etc, that day has come and passed. General membership isn't privy to the same information the regional presidents are, nor the communications.

In my opinion, directly following the meeting on the 14th, each President should have sent out an email notifying general members that they had indeed received the audit results, and would be drafting a statement that would deliver on ____________ day. By not saying anything, general members must assume that the lack of transparency from national to the regions, is only getting passed along from regions to members.
    In fact the thought process was the regional pres would send it to his members, collect feedback and meet again on the 21st to review/vote/etc;. Personally, I am not sure what the call on the 21st will achieve without having the financial details.
    CUT OUT THE FLATTERY!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    In fact the thought process was the regional pres would send it to his members, collect feedback and meet again on the 21st to review/vote/etc;. Personally, I am not sure what the call on the 21st will achieve without having the financial details.
    The meeting on the 21st will be a lot of silence...since seemingly members haven't had the opportunity to look at or discuss anything.

All emails replied to

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    The VOA needed to hear from you all in the Board of Directors meetings this year. Your views that challenge the status quo needed to be heard, and it's obvious that many of yours weren't adequately represented.

Several of your regions have not been represented at all by your presidents at board meetings this year because they didn't attend, which means you weren't represented. They didn't attend, nor did they have anyone else from your region. If your region leaders don't communicate with you, and seek your feedback, then they are obviously not able to represent you even if they do attend the meetings. When those presidents vote on key decisions affecting you, they haven't ensured they are representing your wishes. I've repeatedly recommended that you discuss your concerns with your presidents, but if they aren't fully engaged in both your region and the VOA Board, and if they still haven't reached out to their members at this critical time, then they are a huge part of the problem.

When leadership doesn't listen the results are completely predictable, and not in a good way. If your region's leadership doesn't care enough to listen to you, and if VOA's leadership doesn't listen to your region presidents, then the system is totally broken. The fact that many of you are undecided whether to renew now, or at all, is the obvious and completely predictable consequence of not involving and respecting membership. It's a breakdown within the regions, within the VOA Board, and even within the VOA's own executive.

The decision to have a lengthy financial review report that was to be released on Nov 14th was said to be intended to satisfy member's concerns, but it also effectively delayed action for 4 weeks at the Board level. The review hasn't been completed, no where near, and there is no known timeframe as to when it will be. Hopefully the Board will realize that everything they need to know has been right in front of them, and stop delaying to make the difficult decisions that have been kicked down the road far too long.

Make your views known to your region's leadership, offer to help them, offer to join your Board, encourage tired leadership to let others take over, and absolutely ensure your region is represented on the VOA Board by your president or someone else. Ensure that your region is providing your members with the benefits that only you can, like numerous appealing events and regular communications with members via emails, newsletters, website, and club social media. Our region held 25 excellent events in 2021 during Covid, and Arizona did many more than that. Covid is no longer an excuse for not planning events, or providing their own membership benefits. If your club needs more funding to be able to do all that then look into who and how this can be done.

Each region exists to serve it's members, and that does takes a group effort. The VOA exists to coordinate the regions efforts at a National level where it can bring them together into a community and help enhance all Viper owners enjoyment. There are many deficiencies that need to be addressed.

2014 SRT Black TA, 76,000 kms. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    The VOA needed to hear from you all in the Board of Directors meetings this year. Your views that challenge the status quo needed to be heard, and it's obvious that many of yours weren't adequately represented.

Several of your regions have not been represented at all by your presidents at board meetings this year because they didn't attend, which means you weren't represented. They didn't attend, nor did they have anyone else from your region. If your region leaders don't communicate with you, and seek your feedback, then they are obviously not able to represent you even if they do attend the meetings. When those presidents vote on key decisions affecting you, they haven't ensured they are representing your wishes. I've repeatedly recommended that you discuss your concerns with your presidents, but if they aren't fully engaged in both your region and the VOA Board, and if they still haven't reached out to their members at this critical time, then they are a huge part of the problem.

When leadership doesn't listen the results are completely predictable, and not in a good way. If your region's leadership doesn't care enough to listen to you, and if VOA's leadership doesn't listen to your region presidents, then the system is totally broken. The fact that many of you are undecided whether to renew now, or at all, is the obvious and completely predictable consequence of not involving and respecting membership. It's a breakdown within the regions, within the VOA Board, and even within the VOA's own executive.

The decision to have a lengthy financial review report that was to be released on Nov 14th was said to be intended to satisfy member's concerns, but it also effectively delayed action for 4 weeks at the Board level. The review hasn't been completed, no where near, and there is no known timeframe as to when it will be. Hopefully the Board will realize that everything they need to know has been right in front of them, and stop delaying to make the difficult decisions that have been kicked down the road far too long.

Make your views known to your region's leadership, offer to help them, offer to join your Board, encourage tired leadership to let others take over, and absolutely ensure your region is represented on the VOA Board by your president or someone else. Ensure that your region is providing your members with the benefits that only you can, like numerous appealing events and regular communications with members via emails, newsletters, website, and club social media. Our region held 25 excellent events in 2021 during Covid, and Arizona did many more than that. Covid is no longer an excuse for not planning events, or providing their own membership benefits. If your club needs more funding to be able to do all that then look into who and how this can be done.

Each region exists to serve it's members, and that does takes a group effort. The VOA exists to coordinate the regions efforts at a National level where it can bring them together into a community and help enhance all Viper owners enjoyment. There are many deficiencies that need to be addressed.
    I read that as "Nick, go talk to your Regional President."

I've spoken to Frank several times already. Thanks though.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    And just plain old normal members know this how? Demeaning members for not being in the know while withholding information is so transparent. ANd how exactly does an Ontario regional person happen to know more than members in their own region??? (Ah, I see transparency between regional leaders but not to their members. I see)

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    And just plain old normal members know this how? Demeaning members for not being in the know while withholding information is so transparent. ANd how exactly does an Ontario regional person happen to know more than members in their own region??? (Ah, I see transparency between regional leaders but not to their members. I see)
    My #368 post was not in response to yours or anyone else's, and I'm sorry you and Cobra interpreted it that way. I had been working on it on and off all morning. I replied to yours about MCVO before posting mine in an effort for it not to be confused with yours.

The fact is this crisis has exposed many communication issues at all levels, and it isn't going to be fixed without a lot of complaints and action at every level. I in no way am blaming members, but I am suggesting how they can try to make a difference and bring about real change.
    Last edited by Bruce H.; 11-18-2021 at 10:29 AM.

If your regional president or VP is not communicating with you, you need to contact them to ask why? At the end of the day your region elected these officers and they were told by National to share information with their regions so you could discuss it.

That was the point of sending out the Power point Review!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    If your regional president or VP is not communicating with you, you need to contact them to ask why? At the end of the day your region elected these officers and they were told by National to share information with their regions so you could discuss it.

That was the point of sending out the Power point Review!
    In all fairness, just received a communication from our region. It took the week for prez to digest the information and present it in a decent summary to complement the presentation.
    Last edited by ViperTony; 11-19-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    2016 ACR "ACR Steve White" by Woodhouse
    2001 RT/10 Greg Good Heads+Built Engine+Cam+Ported Intake and other goodies

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Minnesota
    I don't understand why any of the regional presidents would withhold any information about this. Everything I get, I send out to my region to be as transparent as possible.
    2010 Laguna Seca ACR 1:33 #27

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by snopro440 View Post
    I don't understand why any of the regional presidents would withhold any information about this. Everything I get, I send out to my region to be as transparent as possible.
    Mind blown.

We are surveying our regional members on what direction they'd like to take given the information at hand.
    CUT OUT THE FLATTERY!

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast