Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]

VOA OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTIONS and ELECTION RESULTS

VOA National Officer Job Descriptions.pdf

Who's Who of VOA

2022 to 2023 National Officers

We are pleased to announce the results of our National Officer elections for the 2022 to 2023 term. Congratulations go to Mike Kuchavik elected President, to Wesley Frasard elected Vice President, to Ed Massena reelected Secretary and to Joe Boscia reelected Treasurer. We're looking forward to a busy 2022 and 2023 as we reenergize the membership and streamline operations.

CANDIDATE BIOs and pix were posted in "Changes Coming" thread, Page 4 #90:

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/29104-A-Couple-of-Changes-are-Coming/page4?highlight=Candidates

Also: Am I the only one losing track of the Playas? I Posted this to help in that regard.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 1 Week Ago at 06:34 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    As, I don’t have access to the private region president’s thread site, this is my only access to them…hope they are reading.

Wes, hopefully you understand these comments are not only pointed to you. The questions on the forum will hopefully stimulate interest and comments within the region presidents. Hopefully, Joe is reading this. I admire his time that he puts in. My dad was a CPA and wanted me to follow in his steps. So I do understand a little of what he does and understand from January - May Joe is burning the midnight oil. Joe thanks for your commitment. Did Joe make a misjudgment, apparently yes, but a decision such as that should have been brought up to the entire board. We can learn from this and other mistakes the club has made in the past if they are brought out in the open.

I like history and think things need to be recorded, brought up, and discussed so we learn from our past mistakes. But not only our mistakes but learned what worked great. For example, I asked Alex, during NVE-3, if he would publish something like what I had to do after each operations/deployment while in the military, Wes you may know it by a different name but back then it was an After Action Report. This would give the next person/group in charge of the NVE a great idea of what went great and not so great.

Now on to the region presidents, I think the club’s yearly budget should only be based on known factors. Counting on NVE’s to provide income is like taking a chance on the stock market. Sometimes you can make it but other times like from 2008 -2010 (last recession) you cannot. Those investors that need immediately access (like the club does now) saw a tremendous loss in what they thought they had access to. Our recession started in late 2017, when Dodge quit production of the Viper. With the change of the accounting system, it was not brought to light until the last year or so. Yes the stock market took several years to rebound, but during those years people who counted on their portfolios were highly disappointed. Unfortunately, the clubs revenues never improved.

After the first NVE, we had a lost, if it was the club’s original intentions that membership dues would not cover the yearly budget (AGAIN HOW MANY REGION PRESIDENTS KNOW THIS NOW OR BACK THEN), what steps did they take to ensure our budget would be sustainable after seeing a loss during the first NVE. Fortunately, the NVEs didn’t have a loss until the last one. After seeing the first loss in the NVE, the club should have taken precautions over the next year budget.

The question that should have been asked back then but wasn’t (not blaming anyone), is the following: “what should we do with this windfall.” “What happens if the next NVE doesn’t produce a profit?” This is why the VOA’s budget should be based on knowns such as past year memberships. If you see these memberships decreasing, you will have ample time to adjust, not hope that a NVE will save the day.

Also, what may be helpful, is a region president’s handbook/guide with a section of the past history: The Good, Bad and Ugly, so we don’t repeat the same things in the future.

Wes, thank you for sharing why we got a COVID loan, but in my opinion, we were very lucky in the timing to qualify for this loan, as there is really nothing COVID related that caused our current financial status. The club’s financial problems were years in the making (way before COVID), with over spending, poor daily management from the National Officers, little engagement from majority of region presidents, current and ex-national presidents who would not listed to others and not letting go when they should.

For those region presidents who are not actively involved, please step forwarded, put friendship aside for a little while. This club can rebound if you all take an active role. Those new region presidents, like I was need to be listen to. The older region presidents, who were involved with the old club are repeating the same mistakes…which is not listening to other’s point of views, picking sides and not being opened minded.

Using a baseball analogy, there were errors of omission and commission committed. Both were made over the several years and both can be as bad as the other.
    One last thing, if you can respond with your name, position (if any) and region, it would help keep name and titles straight. Reviewing these threads on a smart phone (at least mine) doesn’t include region affiliation/position. When reading these threads on my iPhone I got the current and in-coming VOA VP mixed up.

Thanks,

Jeff Barnes, Carolina Region (ex-region president)
    Last edited by CarolinaViper; 1 Week Ago at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    A long time comment regarding Mamba membership costs is that they may be costing the club more than they earn. For instance (using 2022 costs):
    ..... Did anyone do the math when deciding to offer $150/PP discount to NVE for Mamba memberships??? No wonder we need NVE profits to make up for the losses!
    I DID ! Braunstein bragged that his $35 Mamba Upgrade resulted in 2 x $150 discounts off NVE. I challenged the VOA bosses, asking "Can This Be Good Business?" and predicted a $14K loss as I recall. I just BUMPED that thread from 2020. Search the word MAMBER. No Typo. MAMBER

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...ghlight=mamber

"Circle The Wagons" was the result...... Founders, Prez, and Treasurer !!!
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 1 Week Ago at 07:45 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2017
    South Florida
    Has the leadership sent out a survey monkey survey by push email asking the current members what they want out of the club? If not, shouldn’t that be done first? Then, once that data is collated, shape the club around the current needs of the membership? Since we are in a legacy situation, the needs have to have considerably changed since the manufacture of the car ended in 2017.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Unlimited

No and it will not be useful unless they are totally honest in describing the current financial condition of the club. To include that we had to obtain a $175k loan. Once every thing is on the table then a survey would be useful

Jeff

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    ^ exactly. Or at the very least, survey the region Presidents, their own BoD!
    Last edited by Brian GTS; 1 Week Ago at 06:08 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    This and your other response detailing some of the issues with the board is much appreciated. This board is symbolic in nature only. This board does not operate as a board of directors overseeing the leadership team and does not operate utilizing checks and balances. While I understand fingers are pointing to the leadership team (rightfully so) you are one of the few board members taking responsibility and identifying root cause. Where are the rest of the board members that sat by in a complacent manner allowing the club to run on auto-pilot? I'm sorry but when I hear board members tell me "National wasn't communicating, I didn't know" that's an embarrassment.

And if I read these posts correctly we now have an incoming VP, Ranger Rick, that was part of the problem attacking members with questions?

The board is THE problem. The board needs to operate as a true board of directors. The fact that bylaws are not being adhered to without consequence is disturbing.

• The board needs have a chair and vice char as well as a board secretary who are NOT comprised of the national officers but rather board directors.
    • Election of the chair, vice chair, secretary should occur every 2 years as vacancies occur in these roles.
    • The board should be operating under Robert's Rules of Order parliamentary procedure.
    • The board chair conducts the meeting.
    • Roll call for quorum at each meeting. Without a quorum no meeting occurs.
    • Attendance is taken. (This helps regional members know if their president is engaged or not).
    • RRO's rule for votes...delineate 2/3rds majority vote vs. simple majority for vote types.
    • Board meeting agendas are posted in advance of meetings for the members to review.
    • Meetings are recorded and minutes transcribed and made available to any member that requests them.
    • Board meeting should be open to viewing by the membership. Zoom/Teams/Google Meet etc. allow for virtual viewing.
    • Board can decided if it wants a "Member Comment or Audience" agenda item in its' meetings to entertain questions from the audience.
    • The national officers "sit" with the board during meetings.
    • The national officers reports to the board.
    • Committees (Budget, Planning, etc.) and other special committees are not formed via board procedures not at the whim of the national leadership.

If the board is operating in a haphazard manner we'll always have situations like this occur time and again. Structure is needed. I am chairman of a few boards and I report to my board of directors at my company. This is not complicated to implement but requires structure and discipline (good bylaws) in order to operate effectively.

I'd like to see the plan for how the board will operate differently moving forward. I understand this will take time and stabilizing the VOA is priority but before I renew membership I need confidence that we have a true board that can demonstrate its capable of performing its' duty of governing the the VOA's policies and operations.

Bruce I hope you and others will stay on to help although I know its a frustrating situation. Thank you for sharing your insights and willingness to continue helping.
    Bump. The BoD needs to become a BoD.
    2016 ACR "ACR Steve White" by Woodhouse
    2001 RT/10 Greg Good Heads+Built Engine+Cam+Ported Intake and other goodies

Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    Believe there are 41 board members. Thirty seven presidents plus four national officers. And unfortunately yes, we didnt know there was an issue. When the national isnt communicating with the regions how are we to know whats going on. This is my second term as president of my region and I received no communications from national until a few months ago when shit started hitting the fan.

Factoid: There are only 13 Directors on the BOD of GENERAL MOTORS.............

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    Factoid: There are only 13 Directors on the BOD of GENERAL MOTORS.............
    Yep, Ford has 14.

VOA Member
    since 2017
    South Florida
    It appears to be a chicken and egg situation. On the one hand, you need to know the actual financial position of the club to know what is potentially affordable going forward assuming various membership renewal numbers based on various dues alternatives. On the other hand, you need to know what the potential renewing members want. So it would seem logical to pursue both issues at the same time. Determine the actual financial situation of the club and do the survey. Once the survey is done, then determine what club benefits are desired by the majority and determine what benefits of those indicated are financially feasible within the context of a legacy car club with a declining membership.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Two months later.
    13 pages in this thread, however many in the previous thread.

Silence has lead to open speculation for anyone to read. I call that embarrassing more than anything.
    2009 SSG ACR Hardcore 1 of 1 before it was cool

2017 SSG ACR-eXtreme 1 of 1 after it was cool

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    I'm probably in the minority but at this point in time the only thing that "may" keep me as a member is the Mag. The more days that go by and not hearing from National AND the New England President about the situation the more I am not renewing.
    At this point, its a mood thing so we will see. Kinda sucks I feel this way because I am so in love with the Viper and History that surrounds them.
    Oh well..
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    I'm probably in the minority but at this point in time the only thing that "may" keep me as a member is the Mag. The more days that go by and not hearing from National AND the New England President about the situation the more I am not renewing.
    At this point, its a mood thing so we will see. Kinda sucks I feel this way because I am so in love with the Viper and History that surrounds them.
    Oh well..
    You should call your President. Do you know what he does for a living? Might ask how his family is. It might change your perspective. He is a volunteer. Like most of us who volunteer, we’d gladly pass to torch.
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    You should call your President. Do you know what he does for a living? Might ask how his family is. It might change your perspective. He is a volunteer. Like most of us who volunteer, we’d gladly pass to torch.
    Not sure what any of that have to do with just sending a simple e-mail regarding whats going on with the club. He sends out renewal e-mails...
    Last edited by daveg; 1 Week Ago at 05:31 PM.
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Not sure what any of that have to do with just sending a simple e-mail regarding whats going on with the club. He send out renewal e-mails...
    Just give him a call.
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    Just give him a call.
    Brian, I am not mad, just a little disappointed. I am not the only New England member that feels this way, there are a few of us. I appreciate your suggestion.
    Last edited by daveg; 1 Week Ago at 05:47 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Oh well..
    Dave,

Just want to make sure you realizes the main reason the club had to take a $175K loan (still was not enough to get us out of debt) is for the last seven years or so, membership fees, have not covered the regular VOA expenses and that the magazine expense is somewhere between $120-$140K a year. Hopes that NVEs would pick up some extra money did not pan out as the first and last NVEs were in the minus. How much were the profits and what happened to the profits for NVE2/3 is unknow. The club has a lot to offer besides the magazine. Unfortantely, your region president doesn't care how to make the club profitable and his attitude and lack of action is going to let same old type of business continue.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaViper View Post
    Dave,

Just want to make sure you realizes the main reason the club had to take a $175K loan (still was not enough to get us out of debt) is for the last seven years or so, membership fees, have not covered the regular VOA expenses and that the magazine expense is somewhere between $120-$140K a year. Hopes that NVEs would pick up some extra money did not pan out as the first and last NVEs were in the minus. How much were the profits and what happened to the profits for NVE2/3 is unknow. The club has a lot to offer besides the magazine. Unfortantely, your region president doesn't care how to make the club profitable and his attitude and lack of action is going to let same old type of business continue.
    Ya, thanks for the synopsis, much apreciated!!! I have been following this thread and the other since it started. Mark, the UK President has been sending me all the info he has.. I like how he is really engaged with his region and members.. He truly cares.

PS, Ya I know the magazine is a small portion of what this club is all about and that's why I am struggling. I want the Viper to live on well past I am on this Earth and its hard for that to happen without an organization like this club.
    Last edited by daveg; 1 Week Ago at 06:07 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    New England
    Dave,
    I emailed our New England prez and asked if he intended to send out an email explaining the situation. The reply I got was: dues haven’t been raised in so many years and the New England club finances are stable. That’s it. So I posted the link to this thread on the New England fb page. 83 people read it. 0 people commented on it.

-Craig

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Propsail View Post
    Dave,
    I emailed our New England prez and asked if he intended to send out an email explaining the situation. The reply I got was: dues haven’t been raised in so many years and the New England club finances are stable. That’s it. So I posted the link to this thread on the New England fb page. 83 people read it. 0 people commented on it.

-Craig
    "There's none so blind as those who will not see"

Thanks Craig, you saved me 10 cents for the phone call.. Actually, you saved me $195.10

VOA Member
    since 2013
    New England
    "There's none so blind as those who will not see"

Thanks Craig, you saved me 10 cents for the phone call.. Actually, you saved me $195.10
    I’m right with ya

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America
    For the safety and viability of the club the Regional Directors need to remove the Ego from the equasion, immediately to not cause further damage from endless spending that went unchecked. No club should ever have to borrow money to remain active, but take steps in living within our means. Covid is not a valid excuse, but losing a production car does have merit. The days of lavish board gatherings and high dollar outings need to cease immediately till recovery and stability can be determined for the long run.

This club started on a great high in 2013 with a lot of energy and backing. The back door shenanigans and spending put a mark on our reputation as a great club. The days of defending our existence compared to other Viper clubs also need a backseat.

I have faith in the Directors working with the new board for past mistakes. Actions need to be taken immediately to resolve.

Bruce
    2009 ACR GTS Blue with Black stripes (1 of 2)
    MoparGarage.net
    Mopar Knights FB page

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Nine items taken away from the November 21, 2021 “Open” BoD meeting. Further explanation of main topics below.

1. During 2021 Beth and Joe were essentially the only board members running the club.
    2. Beth did not know Joe our National Treasurer was not a CPA
    3. The Club qualified up to $500K and may tap more money from the COVID Loan
    4. Jim Johnson, VOA By Laws Director and Colorado Region President wanted the Club to delete negative comments on the forum
    5. Jim also, said that is the Enthusiast are the main ones complaining on the forum
    6. Beth tied to answer the questions on the forum but was torpedoed – used emails afterwards
    7. Joe used tax records to qualify for COVID loan
    8. Beth said there was NOT enough time to brief region presidents on the loan process
    9. The BoD wants to control the agenda of what to be discussed (not the member
    10. Have to admit, Wes, the incoming VOA VP has some great ideas but will others listen.

1. During the meeting it was briefed that Beth and Joe were basically running the club, but did not explain why, Mike Kuchavik current VOA VP and ED Massena, current VOA Secretary and all the region presidents were doing at this time. During this time Joe was trying to find different funding options for the club’s debt.

2. Even though Beth said Joe was a CPA, Joe said he wasn’t, went to school for six years but never took the CPA exam. No one gave him advice on way or another on which accounting system to use Cash vs Accrual. So he liked the cash system, but I guess he didn’t realize it would mask our actual financial situation right when it was the most important time. When he changed the reporting system it took several years to find out the club was spending more money than it was bringing in. Don’t know how that’s possible.

3. Joe said the club qualified for up to $500K COVID loan and the club was still over $40K in debt. Also, said the club could tap back into the SBA and ask for more money. The club is still paying invoices for NVE4 and there was never an explanation of how COVID affected the club’s finances. Joe a question: If the club tapes into the loan and exceeds $200K will someone have to guarantee the loan.

4 and 5 .Jim Johnson suggested since the VOA owned the forum, they should delete the negative comments. To which Alex QUICKLY chimed in and said that was a bad idea. Jim, like Mike (the incoming VOA president) did not take time to review who’s writing in the forum. Jim said they should be deleted because 50 to 60 percent of those complaining were only enthusiast.

Jim is the same region president who telephoned me and asked why I gave Maurice a hard time over the club’s spending at NVE3. Apparently, if you disagree with Jim’s train of thought, you need to be quiet or be deleted.

6. Beth related she attempted to answer questions on the forum, but was just torpedoed, so she responded via emails. BETH, you never answered all the questions that I sent you in two emails.

7. Joe did say he used the club’s tax records to qualify, did not say what years. Joe if you look our financial problems they were not COVID related but started in 2017. Again, I asked did we use NVE income in one year and then showed that we paid those NVE expenses in another year to make it look like we had a COVID lose.

8. Regarding the COVID Loan: Beth said that Joe was looking at some different funding strategies to pay our expenses (I guess the region presidents didn’t need to know this). Joe realized he could get the club approved for a COVID loan (again did not brief the region presidents), and applied for the load. Apparently the SBA gave instant approval, because he nor Beth notified the region presidents of the process or approval. Beth said once approved for the SBA’s COVID loan, she and JOE did not have enough time to notify the region presidents before the deadline set by the SBA would have expired. She did not go into detail of when the loan process started or when it was approved. Nor what bank was used, a question I have asked several times.

9. The board stated they wanted to control the narrative of what is being discussed and suggested quickly sending out a simple narrative of what’s going on. It can be simple but it needs to be transparent. IMO Beth needs to explain the following: That only two national officers on their own sought, applied, and approved the COVID loan for the club. Explain how COVID actually affected the club. That they club may in the future tap back into the loan pool to get additional money. The club is still $40K in debt, after using all the loan money. May need to make hard decisions like cancelling the magazine and not having a NVE5, that we already put $20K and have not called the venues to see if we can get our deposits back. Yes don’t gloss over these issues.

Jeff Barnes, Ex-Region President of the Carolinas Region
    Last edited by CarolinaViper; 6 Days Ago at 08:50 AM.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    4. Jim Johnson, VOA By Laws Director and Colorado Region President wanted the Club to delete negative comments on the forum
    5. Jim also, said that is the Enthusiast are the main ones complaining on the forum
    4 and 5 .Jim Johnson suggested since the VOA owned the forum, they should delete the negative comments. To which Alex QUICKLY chimed in and said that was a bad idea. Jim, like Mike (the incoming VOA president) did not take time to review who’s writing in the forum. Jim said they should be deleted because 50 to 60 percent of those complaining were only enthusiast.

Jim is the same region president who telephoned me and asked why I gave Maurice a hard time over the club’s spending at NVE3. Apparently, if you disagree with Jim’s train of thought, you need to be quiet or be deleted.
    Ah...the good ol' tactic of controlling the message by force.

I was curious, so I counted.

Original thread (now locked): 8 of 200 posts by enthusiasts (3 different ones) = 4%
    Current thread (as of 9:15AM EST, 11/26/2021): 19 of 523 posts (6 different ones) = 3.6%

Sounds like the enthusiasts are trying their best to take over these threads to me. That said, I did not evaluate the content to determine which ones of those were negative. I'd be curious to know how he defines "negative".

Where's the ban hammer?
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Nine items taken away from the November 21, 2021 “Open” BoD meeting. Further explanation of main topics below.

1. During 2021 Beth and Joe were essentially the only board members running the club.
    2. Beth did not know Joe our National Treasurer was not a CPA
    3. The Club qualified up to $500K and may tap more money from the COVID Loan
    6. Beth tied to answer the questions on the forum but was torpedoed – used emails afterwards
    7. Joe used tax records to qualify for COVID loan
    8. Beth said there was NOT enough time to brief region presidents on the loan process
    9. The BoD wants to control the agenda of what to be discussed (not the member
    10. Have to admit, Wes, the incoming VOA VP has some great ideas but will others listen.

1. During the meeting it was briefed that Beth and Joe were basically running the club, but did not explain why, Mike Kuchavik current VOA VP and ED Massena, current VOA Secretary and all the region presidents were doing at this time. During this time Joe was trying to find different funding options for the club’s debt.

2. Even though Beth said Joe was a CPA, Joe said he wasn’t, went to school for six years but never took the CPA exam. No one gave him advice on way or another on which accounting system to use Cash vs Accrual. So he liked the cash system, but I guess he didn’t realize it would mask our actual financial situation right when it was the most important time. When he changed the reporting system it took several years to find out the club was spending more money than it was bringing in. Don’t know how that’s possible.

3. Joe said the club qualified for up to $500K COVID loan and the club was still over $40K in debt. Also, said the club could tap back into the SBA and ask for more money. The club is still paying invoices for NVE4 and there was never an explanation of how COVID affected the club’s finances. Joe a question: If the club tapes into the loan and exceeds $200K will someone have to guarantee the loan.

6. Beth related she attempted to answer questions on the forum, but was just torpedoed, so she responded via emails. BETH, you never answered all the questions that I sent you in two emails.

7. Joe did say he used the club’s tax records to qualify, did not say what years. Joe if you look our financial problems they were not COVID related but started in 2017. Again, I asked did we use NVE income in one year and then showed that we paid those NVE expenses in another year to make it look like we had a COVID lose.

8. Regarding the COVID Loan: Beth said that Joe was looking at some different funding strategies to pay our expenses (I guess the region presidents didn’t need to know this). Joe realized he could get the club approved for a COVID loan (again did not brief the region presidents), and applied for the load. Apparently the SBA gave instant approval, because he nor Beth notified the region presidents of the process or approval. Beth said once approved for the SBA’s COVID loan, she and JOE did not have enough time to notify the region presidents before the deadline set by the SBA would have expired. She did not go into detail of when the loan process started or when it was approved. Nor what bank was used, a question I have asked several times.

9. The board stated they wanted to control the narrative of what is being discussed and suggested quickly sending out a simple narrative of what’s going on. It can be simple but it needs to be transparent. IMO Beth needs to explain the following: That only two national officers on their own sought, applied, and approved the COVID loan for the club. Explain how COVID actually affected the club. That they club may in the future tap back into the loan pool to get additional money. The club is still $40K in debt, after using all the loan money. May need to make hard decisions like cancelling the magazine and not having a NVE5, that we already put $20K and have not called the venues to see if we can get our deposits back. Yes don’t gloss over these issues.

Jeff Barnes, Ex-Region President of the Carolinas Region
    That is absolutely saddening/maddening and wrong on so many levels.

At this point, let it burn.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast