Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regional Membership Director
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Sounds like the OP needs the very rare Gen 4 ACR Vert made for Woodhouse. Rare bird indeed and probably go for ACR-E money now.
    Good point I can see them being very collectable in the future .
    Charter Member ,

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Sounds like the OP needs the very rare Gen 4 ACR Vert made for Woodhouse. Rare bird indeed and probably go for ACR-E money now.
    Quote Originally Posted by J TNT View Post
    Good point I can see them being very collectable in the future .
    I like how you guys are thinking, but this idea, or adding a another Viper isn't going to happen. The only way this would happen would be a Gen IV roadster + $$$ for the ACR. I thought this would be good for me and if anyone is thinking of an ACR but doesn't want to go through the hoops of selling/buying/taxes etc......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Viper SRT-10 ACR
    Black with Red Drivers Stripe
    1 of 36

Quote Originally Posted by 1Willy1 View Post
    as gas prices increase the demand will drop off , its a sellers market right now but wont be forever

We are under attack by governments worldwide, and removal of gasoline cars is high on their list.......
    Never met a Viper owner that talks about or is worried about gas mileage !

Quote Originally Posted by Aevus View Post
    Surprisingly, the Viper world is the only one I know of (besides Boxster/Cayman, that was later ''fixed'' with 718 era) that convertible's value is LESS than hardtop
    It's also true for Audi R8's. Verts are less expensive than coupes. I don't think it's all that uncommon. While you typically pay more new for the vert, there is overall less demand than coupes.
    2009 VBB ACR

Quote Originally Posted by commandomatt View Post
    Never met a Viper owner that talks about or is worried about gas mileage !
    That's cause most of them drive 1000 miles per year

I drive mine everyday weather permitting ,, gas WILL be an issue as time goes on

Quote Originally Posted by 1Willy1 View Post
    That's cause most of them drive 1000 miles per year

I drive mine everyday weather permitting ,, gas WILL be an issue as time goes on
    We weren’t talking about how many miles people put on their cars in a year. You said that values would go down as gas prices go up and I do not think that will happen. For most owners, these are toys.

Might sell you mine after I get done racing this month. Hoping to break 200 at the Texas Mile, probably going to need a bit of a tailwind though if my math is right. Getting final prep done for 1/2 mile this weekend, the 1 mile on the 30th. 48K on the car, 200 miles on the new motor.

z.jpg

Calvo Motorsports Heads & Cam Fully Built

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by FrgMstr View Post
    Might sell you mine after I get done racing this month. Hoping to break 200 at the Texas Mile, probably going to need a bit of a tailwind though if my math is right. Getting final prep done for 1/2 mile this weekend, the 1 mile on the 30th. 48K on the car, 200 miles on the new motor.

z.jpg

Thanks but not looking to buy....looking to trade + $$$, and really only interested in stock, non modded cars, like mine.
    2008 Viper SRT-10 ACR
    1 of 36

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Thanks but not looking to buy....looking to trade + $$$, and really only interested in stock, non modded cars, like mine.
    I have an 08 SSG w/ stripes roadster and basic mods (headers, exhaust, tune).

I would be willing to downgrade to your ACR if you provide a cash payment of $80k along with the trade.

Let me know.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
    I have an 08 SSG w/ stripes roadster and basic mods (headers, exhaust, tune).

I would be willing to downgrade to your ACR if you provide a cash payment of $80k along with the trade.

Let me know.
    _103330503_musk3.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    LOL!
    2008 Viper SRT-10 ACR
    1 of 36

Quote Originally Posted by FrgMstr View Post

z.jpg

Man that thing sounds fantastic with that lope. What exhaust?
    2009 VBB ACR

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    I know what I've got bro.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
    I know what I've got bro.
    58vhbf.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRon View Post
    Man that thing sounds fantastic with that lope. What exhaust?
    It has RandomTech metal cats and Corsa 2.5" exhaust on it in that clip.
    Calvo Motorsports Heads & Cam Fully Built

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevus View Post
    Surprisingly, the Viper world is the only one I know of (besides Boxster/Cayman, that was later ''fixed'' with 718 era) that convertible's value is LESS than hardtop
    Big negative, convertible corvettes are cheaper than hard top or T-top vettes. Hard top GT500 are more than vert too, same with Terminator Cobras. ZL1 coupe as well.

Not sure where a vert model is worth more now that I think about it. Maybe NEW, but once its 2nd hand the vert cars take a bigger depreciation hit. Also you can get a vert Gen V. Just depends how deep your pockets are.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    Big negative, convertible corvettes are cheaper than hard top or T-top vettes. Hard top GT500 are more than vert too, same with Terminator Cobras. ZL1 coupe as well.

Not sure where a vert model is worth more now that I think about it. Maybe NEW, but once its 2nd hand the vert cars take a bigger depreciation hit. Also you can get a vert Gen V. Just depends how deep your pockets are.
    HEMI Cuda Convertibles are worth much more than hard tops. Depends which camp you look at ……
    Charter Member ,

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    I guess it comes down to the weather where you live, I used to have an A/C Cobra replica before buying my Gen 2 GTS. I got sick to death of crap UK and European weather, being constantly caught out in the rain. I have not looked back once since owning my coupe. Hot weather, turn on the A/C, raining.... Laugh at people with no roofs.

HEMI Cuda Convertibles are worth much more than hard tops. Depends which camp you look at ……
    I think what drives that price differential is scarcity, it's something like a 50:1 ratio of coupes to converts. It's interesting that the cars nobody wanted, and did sell well, (hemi converts) are now the ones sought after.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I think what drives that price differential is scarcity, it's something like a 50:1 ratio of coupes to converts. It's interesting that the cars nobody wanted, and did sell well, (hemi converts) are now the ones sought after.
    Good point Old School , I recall seeing 69 Daytona Charger's and a 70 Panther Pink Challenger sit new on lots for a year or 2 before selling.........
    Charter Member ,

Good point Old School , I recall seeing 69 Daytona Charger's and a 70 Panther Pink Challenger sit new on lots for a year or 2 before selling.........
    Wow, you’re old!!!
    They’re coming to get you Barbara.

A friend of mine had a panther pink Challenger convertible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12