VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

Onboard track video Long Beach Grand Prix Sept 26th 2021

This was obviously the biggest event I've ever done. It was an amazing experience and am very humbled and grateful to have been invited to this. Thanks to Jason Dienhart and Global Time Attack for pulling this off, it was no easy task! We are hoping to be invited back in April! I will be MUCH faster then. Special thanks to Mike and Anil (LoudViper) for all their help the entire weekend. They were there for me all day everyday and for this event the help was a must. Global Time Attack was staged inside the giant Expo buildings, so we weren't allowed to run our engines inside and had to push the cars outside to stage every session. Friday for our one and only practice session I had a software issue with the tranny and was stuck in 3rd gear and still ran a 1.32. Saturday I went out and the car shut off after the first lap which was a 1.28. I had header collector bolts back out and the exhaust melted the crank sensor. Special thanks to Lance of the So Cal Viper club who ran and bought me one! And as always thanks to Tony of UMS Tuning and again Mike and Anil for helping me get it fixed. Boom ready for Sunday. We only had 3 laps for Sunday as we split into two groups so we didn't have to pass each other, costing time. Wen't out and ran a 1.25 flat, good enough for 3rd in Unlimited. That was my goal as I know I cannot beat the big boy Turbo cars with my current car, Feras in his crazy vette went 1.19 and the LYFE legendary GTR went 1.21 with issues. And now I can at least say I beat Randy Pobst as he was in my class lmao! The coolest part of the event was having a lot of the 200,000 spectators come through the Expo building and knew my car and talked to me about it. That was very humbling and very cool. And of course I got the obligatory "best sounding car at the event" comments non-stop all weekend! Score for the Viper! And last but not least thanks to my beautiful, amazing wife. She does more work for these events than I do, plus puts up with my shit and makes sure I don't drink too many Four Loco's and Steel Reserve's! LOL

You can see more pics and videos on my Instagram here- https://www.instagram.com/9literviper/
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Enthusiast
    Wish I was there, Your car sounds epic.

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Vendor
    Nice job! Street courses can be intimidating ,tight and very unforgiving ( old news ) ; Now that you have run one....... regular old road courses will seem like giant runways with miles of run off. Guaranteed you will be just a little faster

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO MOTORSPORTS TEAM View Post
    Nice job! Street courses can be intimidating ,tight and very unforgiving ( old news ) ; Now that you have run one....... regular old road courses will seem like giant runways with miles of run off. Guaranteed you will be just a little faster
    hehe I hope so! Thanks!
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Thanks for the invite brother. It was non-stop excitement and finally to see your car run was an experience in itself. Can't wait for April .
    A few words of CAUTION to those who think
    a VIPER looks MEAN, ARROGANT and HOSTILE...
    CUT OUT THE FLATTERY!

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming

Great job on a tight course and an awesome lap time. I think your videos give all of us the added mojo to get faster. Well done sir.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Well done, Thanks for sharing..!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    Southern California
    Congrats Cable. Living vicariously through you. Motor sound great at 7K.
    2015 White GTC