Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 427
  1. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by finalleaf View Post
    YES!! I'm trying to get simple parts and dealers are telling me they're "obsolete" with no estimated backorder time. This car was last out of production in 2017. Drives me crazy. I have better luck getting parts for a lotus
    When I first bought my Viper I started to buy extra parts. I have a little of everything going on in my garage. Extra set of wheels, various interior and exterior parts, modules, Uconnect infotainment screen, tail lights (expensive). The rocker panels are next to impossible to find now. I was thinking about picking up a windshield. I'm afraid to drive the damn think now. Any fender-bender can be a huge issue and put you out of service for a long time.

  2. #352
    Enthusiast Lawineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen5snake View Post
    When I first bought my Viper I started to buy extra parts. I have a little of everything going on in my garage. Extra set of wheels, various interior and exterior parts, modules, Uconnect infotainment screen, tail lights (expensive). The rocker panels are next to impossible to find now. I was thinking about picking up a windshield. I'm afraid to drive the damn think now. Any fender-bender can be a huge issue and put you out of service for a long time.
    I thought this was a bit extreme when I read it, and sure as hell, yesterday, it just starts skipping songs over and over again. Turns out it was just some dust on the screen. Once I wiped the screen clean it stopped, lol.

    I have my stock trunk lid with glass and all. I dont think I'll be selling it, "just in case".


    First and second day I got the car back from the shop with the carbon lip and minus the wing. I walked out of the coffee shop and saw my car at the perfect angle and I was like "damn, my car is sex." It's so good in person. It cost me a few pretty pennies, but totally worth it! Next are wheels + big brakes. Thanks again to Arizona for the idea; you'll have to let me know if you're ever trucking through Dallas (on your way to COTA or if you want to do a day at ECR). I'll even let you buy me a few beers at my bar for showing me the pictures, lol!

    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, ACR sways, carbon stuff, TA spoiler.
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded. 2016 Lexus GX460: Full boring

  3. #353
    Enthusiast StrokerAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    895
    Excellent photo. It's a great angle.


    IMG_20210717_130912574_HDR~2.jpg
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

  4. #354
    Enthusiast Lawineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    879
    Yup, shows off the meaty rear tires, sexy rear and big front scoops.
    Are your side pods carbon?

    Speaking of rear angles, has anyone done a third brake light delete or paint? I'm going to wrap it and the side markers in black and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Lawineer; 05-29-2022 at 03:42 PM.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, ACR sways, carbon stuff, TA spoiler.
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded. 2016 Lexus GX460: Full boring

  5. #355
    Enthusiast StrokerAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Are your side pods carbon?

    Speaking of rear angles, has anyone done a third brake light delete or paint? I'm going to wrap it and the side markers in black and see how it goes.
    They are. I have the black ones in a box but I think they look good with the carbon lip spoiler.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

  6. #356
    Enthusiast Hamrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    eastern PA
    Posts
    237
    Gotta throw my hat in the ring while we're at it...


    Viper5-5-22#1.jpg
    2015 Viper GT
    2021 Model Y Performance

  7. #357
    Enthusiast Scott_in_fl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,024
    Love the black cars gents! My '06 coupe was blk/sil and it always looked so good. Of course, I had to clean it everytime that I drove it, but that's the cross you have to bear.

    Now, I will say that I'm still not 100% on side sills. I've tried for a long time to convince myself that they work with the design of the car, but I'm still not there. I think Hamrhead's photo exemplifies how good the lines of the car can be when left on their own. Such a clean look.

  8. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen5snake View Post
    When I first bought my Viper I started to buy extra parts. I have a little of everything going on in my garage. Extra set of wheels, various interior and exterior parts, modules, Uconnect infotainment screen, tail lights (expensive). The rocker panels are next to impossible to find now. I was thinking about picking up a windshield. I'm afraid to drive the damn think now. Any fender-bender can be a huge issue and put you out of service for a long time.
    Unfortunately why I exactly sold mine I was more worried something would happen to the car and it became unenjoyable.
    '14 Viper GTS GTS-R Blue/Sepia Full Bolt Ons - sold
    '22 X7 M50i / '19 YMB M4 / 18 R8 V10+

  9. #359
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Unfortunately why I exactly sold mine I was more worried something would happen to the car and it became unenjoyable.
    Currently in the same boat, I'm so OCD with everything on the car that I can't enjoy it

  10. #360
    Enthusiast StrokerAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    Love the black cars gents! My '06 coupe was blk/sil and it always looked so good. Of course, I had to clean it everytime that I drove it, but that's the cross you have to bear.

    Now, I will say that I'm still not 100% on side sills. I've tried for a long time to convince myself that they work with the design of the car, but I'm still not there. I think Hamrhead's photo exemplifies how good the lines of the car can be when left on their own. Such a clean look.
    Mine being Gunmetal hides little dirt. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Currently in the same boat, I'm so OCD with everything on the car that I can't enjoy it
    I'd drive mine every day if I could.
    Last edited by StrokerAce; 06-16-2022 at 07:58 PM.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

  11. #361
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerAce View Post
    Mine being Gunmetal hides. Little dirt. lol


    I'd drive mine every day if I could.
    Already put 6k miles on mine, damn near drive it everyday

  12. #362
    Dow Jones under 30,000 for the first time since fall 2020... NASDAQ and Bitcoin continues to crash.

    Buckle your seatbelt, next months (years?) will be bumpy...

  13. #363
    Also, I'm starting to wonder if the value of ICE cars will crash in 10, 15 or 30 years from now (not just Viper, all of them) because of several factors: gas price/rarity, banned from big cities or even roads in Europe or around the world, or just downright out of fashion and not desirable collectibles for the younger people...

    Open for debate

  14. #364
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevus View Post
    Dow Jones under 30,000 for the first time since fall 2020... NASDAQ and Bitcoin continues to crash.

    Buckle your seatbelt, next months (years?) will be bumpy...
    Maybe vipers go up AND down in value...

  15. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Murpowa View Post
    Maybe vipers go up AND down in value...
    I'm surprised how the low-mileage Gen 4 are doing..

    https://bringatrailer.com/dodge/viper/

    202k for a SRT, wow

  16. #366
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Armonk NY
    Posts
    58
    Just read your comment. Let me guess. You have a Deloren and went 88 miles a hour and went into the future. You nailed that prediction.

  17. #367
    Enthusiast stradman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevus View Post
    Also, I'm starting to wonder if the value of ICE cars will crash in 10, 15 or 30 years from now (not just Viper, all of them) because of several factors: gas price/rarity, banned from big cities or even roads in Europe or around the world, or just downright out of fashion and not desirable collectibles for the younger people...

    Open for debate
    Yup very possible for the majority of cars. Select low volume collectors cars will always be desirably niche however. And anyway I don't see that happening for at least another 15 years though.

  18. #368
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    NY/CT
    JPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    262
    2008 Viper SRT-10 ACR
    Black with Red Drivers Stripe
    1 of 36

  19. #369
    rUsSiA rUsSiA rUsSiA
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  20. #370
    Enthusiast Lawineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    879
    So the EU looks like it's actually going to ban internal combustion in 2035. Framework in place.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, ACR sways, carbon stuff, TA spoiler.
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded. 2016 Lexus GX460: Full boring

  21. #371
    not surprised, knew they were banning ICE sales for new cars, but total ICE ban seems right

  22. #372
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington, IL
    Posts
    1,720
    Articles I’ve read say it’s only new cars after 2035, my guess is used cars will get a 10-15 year reprieve. The US is a lot more spread out than the EU and our mass transit is a joke compared to theirs so I don’t see outright bans here in any of our lifetimes. But if every euro manufacturer stops making ICE vehicles it’s going to put a lot of pressure on the rest if they want any park of Europe’s market.

  23. #373
    Enthusiast Lawineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Articles I’ve read say it’s only new cars after 2035, my guess is used cars will get a 10-15 year reprieve. The US is a lot more spread out than the EU and our mass transit is a joke compared to theirs so I don’t see outright bans here in any of our lifetimes. But if every euro manufacturer stops making ICE vehicles it’s going to put a lot of pressure on the rest if they want any park of Europe’s market.
    Correct. But it also means less development of new gas cars.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, ACR sways, carbon stuff, TA spoiler.
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded. 2016 Lexus GX460: Full boring

  24. #374
    people said that about horsepower in 1972.... and now we have the best cars ever.. someone will still make cool stuff. with the EUs blessing or not.. The real question I think will be at what cost.

  25. #375
    These number are true,,,,,,,,,,,for the Garage Queen, but for the guy that really drives them, like there are intended for, the avg. is about 40k to 55k.
    Any great car with 1k miles will be worth alot. Even a Beatle Bug lol,


 
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •