Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post

98Red: I've been having a very involved conversation with a former Chrysler engine/powertrain engineer about PCV operation. I saw your pic yesterday and compared it to my 98 parts car. You should NOT have a PCV valve in your system. 98+ Gen2s came with a brass orifice in the plastic tee that branches to both sides of the intake behind the TB's.

Interesting as the parts manual showed it and that is why I put it in there when I changed my thermostat for the first time. I wonder if that is why I get a random small evap leak code sometimes. Any yeah.... another discontinued part. Guess I'll have to rig it to make things work :-( Part number 4848340AC is what I found. I may have to see if I can find a breather valve that matches the PCV that I have in there or maybe gut the PCV.

VOA Member
    since 2021
    South Central Texas

Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Lunchbox: Here's a photo of my '96 from directly above. It has the flat top like 98Red shows.

98Red: I've been having a very involved conversation with a former Chrysler engine/powertrain engineer about PCV operation. I saw your pic yesterday and compared it to my 98 parts car. You should NOT have a PCV valve in your system. 98+ Gen2s came with a brass orifice in the plastic tee that branches to both sides of the intake behind the TB's.
    Dean, thanks. This does help me get a better idea of where its placed in relation to the other components.

I may have to pick your brain a bit later on about the pcv setup with a boosted application. One way check valves keeping boost from entering the crank case and such are probably in order along with a few other tidbits.

Got a picture for you and their is way less room than I thought. Picture below for reference.

P.S. - Got the breather situation fixed. None are available but I figured out that if you grind off the bottom nipple of the PCV valve it's guts come out and you have a hollow breather now. Super easy fix for once.

car.jpg
    Last edited by 98RedGTS; 10-16-2021 at 02:29 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2021
    South Central Texas

Thanks for the photo. Absolutely no real room to do anything. Oh well. At least that question is answered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12