VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota

Nth Moto TT Gen V Wins FL2K21 Outlaw Roll Race Class 208mph

This past weekend was FL2K21 down at Bradenton Motorsports Park, and we debuted a new car we call "Kratos" at this event. There will be a full feature TRC video coming out shortly which I'll include in here, but for now here are some fun data points and videos from the event. This Viper is going to really mix it up in the top tier roll events in the coming years.

What does your dyno trap?

Here is video from two Nth Moto twin turbo Vipers running at @fl2k this past weekend. Below is each car's metrics based on track timing equipment and dyno horsepower (wheel horsepower at same boost level tested on dyno). We also cross check horsepower using data logged fuel consumption at known BSFC.

@minneapolismopar (camera car)
    182.3 MPH at 1925 WHP

@1prct "Kratos"
    203.3 MPH at 2860 WHP

Both cars run @oneethanol R ethanol fuel, our @motec_global M1 packages, and Houdini plates.

Inside Dragy view from @1prct's Nth Moto twin turbo Dodge Viper "Kratos" when it ran 203.3 MPH against @minneapolismopar's Nth Moto twin turbo Dodge Viper this past weekend at FL2K. On this 1.70 second 100-150 MPH pass, the engine was making a maximum of 2860 WHP based on dyno data at same boost levels (and cross checked against data logged fuel consumption).

Being its first outing there is definitely plenty to improve upon - not only with trying to apply more power (the car made 3306 WHP on the dyno) but also making use of the full available track distance by coming into power sooner which will significantly lower all ET metrics.

The next event should be a fun one!

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Houston
    So…the 3000HP car. How streetable is that? How often must it be rebuilt?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    That's just ridiculous acceleration! LOL. Congrats!
    Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E, 2009 ACR
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Congrats Aaron. Those are some crazy numbers.
    A few words of CAUTION to those who think
    a VIPER looks MEAN, ARROGANT and HOSTILE...
    CUT OUT THE FLATTERY!

Sick!!
    2013 Shadow Pearl Blue - Black Stripes GTS | Sold - 97 GTS 510 TT |
    CALVO MOTORSPORTS H/C - PALM BEACH DYNO TUNED |

I can't even begin to IMAGINE what that kind of power in a car must feel like. A fighter jet? Have you guys measured the g-forces experienced in-car?

Awesome stuff though!
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS || Matte Bentley Silver | 60k miles ||

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS || 2002 Audi TT Quattro || 1986 Volkswagen GTI

Quote Originally Posted by usmcfieldmp View Post
    I can't even begin to IMAGINE what that kind of power in a car must feel like. A fighter jet? Have you guys measured the g-forces experienced in-car?

Awesome stuff though!

SpaceX kind of stuff
    haha

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
    So…the 3000HP car. How streetable is that? How often must it be rebuilt?
    Very, the owner took it after the event and went to Target, got Starbucks, went the chiropractor, etc. It has the full 18 speaker sound still, all the A/C, PS, normal amenities that an OEM Gen V would have. I expect something like this to have a service life of 75-100 passes at this power level, which should equate to something like a year or so of events without needing an inspection or any serious service. That's fairly unheard of longevity in any engine combo at these power levels, let alone a OEM production based engine.

This is effectively the same engine hard parts as our "normal" TT Gen V's, stock block with no fill work, oem ported heads, hydraulic roller lifters and valvetrain, steel connecting rods, flex fuel capable operation, etc. Hell, it made 1600 WHP on 93 octane.

Quote Originally Posted by Simms View Post
    That's just ridiculous acceleration! LOL. Congrats!
    Indeed it is Ian, and it's going to get quicker yet.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcfieldmp View Post

Awesome stuff though!
    Around 1.8 G's so far down low, and sustaining around 1G past 160 mph. It needs more power thrown in it up top to keep that rate up, which it has to give thankfully.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Been following this on social media! So Badass Aaron! Congrats!
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

I totally didn't even notice the accelerometer readout in the bottom corner of the video. Mind blowing.

For reference, an F/A-18 catapult launch peaks at 4 G and averages out to 3 G.
    Last edited by usmcfieldmp; 10-14-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS || Matte Bentley Silver | 60k miles ||

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS || 2002 Audi TT Quattro || 1986 Volkswagen GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Moto View Post
    Very, the owner took it after the event and went to ... the chiropractor, etc.
    Yeah, I can see why. Daayumm, that is moving on that 100-150mph pull!!! Great job guys.

Nasty snakes. Definitely not your garden variety killer snakes sheesh. You said it will be mixing it up with the top tier in roll racing. Those guys are trapping 30+ mph faster and are in the 4k hp range. Does this mean the God of War will be in that neighborhood when fully unleashed??? Sounds like it will be causing singularities, colliding at those speeds with so many electrons lol...Cant wait to see it full tilt...Also would love to see it go up against the Juggernaut....Best of the old vs best of the new...Stay safe...

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Pretty sure the Jug is powered by a genV engine, so not really a best of the old sadly. That being said- I fucking love that car anyway.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit10 View Post
    Nasty snakes. Definitely not your garden variety killer snakes sheesh. You said it will be mixing it up with the top tier in roll racing. Those guys are trapping 30+ mph faster and are in the 4k hp range. Does this mean the God of War will be in that neighborhood when fully unleashed??? Sounds like it will be causing singularities, colliding at those speeds with so many electrons lol...Cant wait to see it full tilt...Also would love to see it go up against the Juggernaut....Best of the old vs best of the new...Stay safe...
    The challenge with trying to compare roll race venues is they are not the same distance, nor start speed, from event to event. The speeds you're referencing are only at TX2K, which is typically 10-20 mph faster start speeds and 300'-400' more distance than what this event is. The HP number is irrelevant IMO, as the claims/accuracies these days can sometimes come into question due to measuring methods and practices, whereas the speed achieved in a set distance cannot be questioned.

Here is the excellent recap video from TRC:

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Moto View Post
    The challenge with trying to compare roll race venues is they are not the same distance, nor start speed, from event to event. The speeds you're referencing are only at TX2K, which is typically 10-20 mph faster start speeds and 300'-400' more distance than what this event is. The HP number is irrelevant IMO, as the claims/accuracies these days can sometimes come into question due to measuring methods and practices, whereas the speed achieved in a set distance cannot be questioned.

Here is the excellent recap video from TRC:
    Ah i see. I did not realize they were all different lengths. Thanks for that info. Makes sense. I did watch that TRC vid when it came out. Incredible, footage of the difference between the 2k vs 3k Vipers. Also it did look like you were reeling in Texas Killer way before he blew, although there are a few hater in the comments saying otherwise. Don't know what it is about the Viper that brings out the hate in the GTR fans. Both great platforms to do this kind of racing with.

I noticed you removed the top dive plane on the ACR's in the initial runs but removed them all towards the end runs. Did you see any significant gains from doing that? Just curious.

Looking forward to more from your shop. Great stuff. Be safe.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    !!!! BEAST!!!!!! , Gtr Murderer.... and pretty much everything else too!! congrats on the passes .. and the title!!!! looking forward to its next win and record!
    2013 GTS BLK Calvo H+C, "RTTLSNK"
    2020 Ram Rebel (white) "M4YHEM (daily)
    2003 SRT10 Blk "SHESFST"

Something worth noting that really impressed me is that the car had never been tested, as in no prior track time. I don’t even think it made any big power street hits for that matter, where could you?! Then here it is running all of these fast cars pass after pass without a hiccup. It also drove through town in Bradenton to run to Starbucks afterwards, come on! How cool is that? A street happy 3300hp Viper going from setting records at an event with already FAST cars, to taking the trophy, to snatching the highest mph record by over 8mph in its class, AND cruising to Starbucks.

Let’s talk about the experience as a customer at events (FYI Kratos is not my car). Being surrounded by a team that’s proactively looking out for the customer, ie; checking lug nut/bead lock bolt torque, icing the car, making sure we don’t drive through the drained water from the ice tank so that the tires aren’t wet when heading up to stage (should be common sense for the driver but hey, it’s the little things) or if unavoidable telling the driver to drive around to dry the tires, making sure safety gear is being used properly, requesting driver/car feedback with per lap adjustments, coaching me as driver but also making room for my own driving style, if I don’t want to brake boost that’s fine so we make adjustments on anti lag, topping off fuel, checking tire pressure, etc,.

Point here is that as a customer I only have to think about driving, which is really nice.

After that it’s back to the motorhome or AIRBNB, now it’s story time. Next thing you know you’ve spent 2-5 days with a team that’s becoming like family. You look out for each other, cook for each other, sweat for each other, and when I sheared my pinion off after my MITM class attempting a dig pass because I stabbed it in 1st and pushed through the limiter then hit the PJ on the de accel with a touch of wheel hop we made the best of it, rookie move, tell me about it!

Then to top it off I left FL2K and drove over to shift sector where we had another great time (half mile event) at the air strip in Abilene TX. The car still went 218 even with me spinning pretty good in 2nd and shorting my 4-5 shift which put me out of power on the big end, potentially costing me a 220 pass but I wasn’t about to complain at a 218 pass! I made the 3rd and final pass of the day at 4:50 and they closed off the event to further passes so I packed it up and drove back home to Minnesota. Dropped the ACR off for my OCD satisfaction of maintenance, oil and a filter. They even pulled the plugs to make sure everything was still happy, those looked amazing as always, AND remembered to drop my water from the innercooler system to replace it with antifreeze for when I trailer it in January down to Houston through the subzero temperatures.

Case and point, my experience with the team at Nth Moto, their service, and their customers has been like family. This is my first season with the team and I’m definitely looking forward to more in the near future. Great season!
    Last edited by ACR2NVY; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:10 AM.
    17 GTS-R #5, 16 Nth Moto TT ACR, 98 ProCharged F1X GTS