Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe Eminem bought it. Haha
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    I would think having to pay import duty would impact the price. Hard to hide the value when you buy at auction.

The market has once again proven that mileage is king with ACR-E's. Year is irrelevant, as is BDEC v. BDED, or even colors it seems. Some of the highest priced cars at auction were solid white cars. Crazy, but true.

Which puts us all into a classic Catch-22.... we can either enjoy the car, or we can make some money, but we cannot do both.
    Last edited by Scott_in_fl; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:46 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Well, let's see. If it only cost me $64,000-72,000 in resale value to drive my solid color ACR 8,000 miles, then that was only $8-9 dollars a mile - WELL WORTH THE PRICE!

Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    The market has once again proven that mileage is king with ACR-E's. Year is irrelevant, as is BDEC v. BDED, or even colors it seems. Some of the highest priced cars at auction were solid white cars. Crazy, but true.

Which puts us all into a classic Catch-22.... we can either enjoy the car, or we can make some money, but we cannot do both.
    The simple answer is to have 2 of them. A keeper and a runner. That said, it’s a bit late as the ship has sailed on the good deals. Should have bought 2 when we could but who would have thought it would lead to this in such a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by commandomatt View Post
    The simple answer is to have 2 of them. A keeper and a runner. That said, it’s a bit late as the ship has sailed on the good deals. Should have bought 2 when we could but who would have thought it would lead to this in such a short time.
    Agreed. That was the play. Several were talking about it at the time, and a few followed through. I've always been a big advocate for future values as you know, but the price trajectory has been much sharper than any of us predicted. With inflation only just starting to become recognized, and with a digital era quickly closing in, the scramble to acquire collectible hard assets is really gaining momentum. The pace should accelerate quite a bit more within the next 5 years or so as everyone starts to realize what is happening (that the wealthy are hoarding desirable keepsakes from a fleeting era). It seems crazy, but continuing to buy in even at today's prices may not be the worst idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    I would think having to pay import duty would impact the price. Hard to hide the value when you buy at auction.
    There is no duty when importing vehicles into the USA that were originally manufactured in Mexico, the USA or Canada. This is spelled out in NAFTA - the North American Free Trade Agreement, and since July 1, 2020, under the USMCA - The United States Mexico Canada Trade Agreement which was an update of NAFTA. So, since all Vipers were manufactured in the USA, they are exempt from import duties, no matter where they are imported from.
    2015 TA 2.0 Venom Black. 2001 Sapphire Blue Roadster SOLD, 1994 Viper Black Roadster SOLD

I've always been a big advocate for future values as you know, but the price trajectory has been much sharper than any of us predicted.
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Quote Originally Posted by TA Two Oh View Post
    There is no duty when importing vehicles into the USA that were originally manufactured in Mexico, the USA or Canada. This is spelled out in NAFTA - the North American Free Trade Agreement, and since July 1, 2020, under the USMCA - The United States Mexico Canada Trade Agreement which was an update of NAFTA. So, since all Vipers were manufactured in the USA, they are exempt from import duties, no matter where they are imported from.
    Thanks - good to know.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Well, let's see. If it only cost me $64,000-72,000 in resale value to drive my solid color ACR 8,000 miles, then that was only $8-9 dollars a mile - WELL WORTH THE PRICE!

Pappy
    hehe
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

This 300 miler sold pretty "cheap". Best deal on BAT for an ACR in the last year or so- https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...viper-acr-e-9/

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    Mid-South (AR/LA/MS)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    This 300 miler sold pretty "cheap". Best deal on BAT for an ACR in the last year or so- https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...viper-acr-e-9/
    Yeah, that one wasn't an ACR-E, so good price for a "regular" ACR, non-extreme.
    2017 GTS-R Blue GTC - TA 1.0 Group
    2016 Focus RS
    2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by PkB2014 View Post
    Yeah, that one wasn't an ACR-E, so good price for a "regular" ACR, non-extreme.
    ahh duh....

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    That’s why I’m still driving my 2009 ACR and my 2017 still has 6 miles on it.

When will $400k be the new norm?
    2009 SSG ACR Hardcore 1 of 1 before it was cool

2017 SSG ACR-eXtreme 1 of 1 after it was cool

Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post

Takes a lot of restraint not to drive it and only have 6 miles on it. I myself just had to do it. Needed to find out how different it was from the 2010. Mostly creature comfort in my opinion. Now it’s essentially worthless with 1200 miles on it
    Last edited by commandomatt; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:16 AM.

Takes a lot of restraint not to drive it. I just had to do it. Needed to find out how different it was from the 2010. Mostly creature comfort in my opinion. Now it’s essentially worthless with 1200 miles on it
    Completely worthless, yuck
    17 GTS-R #5, 16 Nth Moto TT ACR, 98 ProCharged F1X GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post

I thought yours had 7 on it
    TT everything

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida

BAT shows it as sold for $308K. Couldn't be a Bondurant Viper they all had painted wings and stripes, I believe. And I really doubt they managed to keep a track cars mileage down to only 8 miles.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWessss View Post
    BAT shows it as sold for $308K. Couldn't be a Bondurant Viper they all had painted wings and stripes, I believe. And I really doubt they managed to keep a track cars mileage down to only 8 miles.
    They were kidding. Definitely not a Bondurant car.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbccenter View Post
    I thought yours had 7 on it
    6/7 I dunno, whatever is on it. It was 6 on it when I picked it up at the plant. Battery hasn’t been in it on over a year
    2009 SSG ACR Hardcore 1 of 1 before it was cool

2017 SSG ACR-eXtreme 1 of 1 after it was cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12