Which Gen V aero Spoiler

Is see two part numbers, 68187848AA and 68187848AB. Is there any actual difference between the two? I see 2013-2016 for AA and 2015-2017 for AB. Looking for correct part for a 2014.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Longball Racing View Post
    Is see two part numbers, 68187848AA and 68187848AB. Is there any actual difference between the two? I see 2013-2016 for AA and 2015-2017 for AB. Looking for correct part for a 2014.
    Pretty sure they are identical. Nothing changed on the decklid shape etc. I see a lot of Gen 5 parts that have multiple part numbers, it's probably the whole SRT/Dodge thing... lol
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Pretty sure they are identical. Nothing changed on the decklid shape etc. I see a lot of Gen 5 parts that have multiple part numbers, it's probably the whole SRT/Dodge thing... lol
    The way part numbers work at Chrysler is you have the root, 68187848 in this case, and the suffix, AA or AB. A change to the suffix indicates a change to the part that affects form, fit or function. The root indicates it is the same base part, but with a different suffix it means the design changed sometime along the way. A design change significant enough that engineering changed the part number.

Those wings are all the same and there is no changes in decklid shape from 2013 to 2017.
    2017 Dodge Viper ACR-E 1 of 1 Ceramic Blue ( A&C Performance H/C)
    1998 Dodge Viper GTS - Silver - Paxton Novi Supercharger (currently only 983 miles)

Is there a place to get those OEM wings for a decent price these days?

Ther4 is absolutly a change between an AA and AB (or AC, Ad.. etc) part number. It might not be immediately obvious but something is different.. often the new suffix part supersedes the older part..

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Mid-South (AR/LA/MS)
    The difference may be a horizontal support that spans front to back in the middle of the spoiler.

I’ve seen the underside of two spoilers during installation; one was a used spoiler from a 2013 and the other was a spoiler bought further into production. The newer spoiler contained the horizontal section mentioned above and utilized double sided tape on that support. Installation was the same for both spoilers (using the window-weld adhesive around the perimeter of the spoiler), so I didn’t see a reason for the change seeing as the window weld should constrain the spoiler enough to reduce nearly any load that the support would see. With that said, it may have been done to give the spoiler more rigidity during handling or shipping - rough handling could cause the spoiler to flex a lot more without the extra support.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Just get the copy from Xtreme Supercars in Florida. It's cheaper, easier to find and perfect quality. You can order them through DougShelby- https://www.dougshelbyengineering.com/collections/gen-5
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    Ther4 is absolutly a change between an AA and AB (or AC, Ad.. etc) part number. It might not be immediately obvious but something is different.. often the new suffix part supersedes the older part..

Not necessarily true. Sometimes it's just a change in suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Sometimes it's just a change in suppliers.
    I suppose id place that under the something is different but not obvious category..