99 transmission fluid

Hello all, I've been through the threads and can't seem to find a definitive answer or an available product.

I will have my 1999 RT/10 up in the air in a few weeks for detail and and oil change... I would like to change my trans fluid while it's up in the air... looking for what's best and available to use?

again 99, 24k miles, I do not track and no current NGR.

In my readings I see Castrol Syntorq (not available anywhere)
    I also see Mopar synthetic manual trans lube P/N 4874459 but again not available anywhere.

There seems to be some change to recommendation 98 or 99 and up for fluid to use.

Can anyone recommend what I should be or what is being used and is also still available?

Thanks in advance

I am also reading the GM PN 12346190 or replacement PN 19369226 are the same as the above Mopar synthetic manual trans lube and also recommended for my year Viper transmission... anyone with insight on that?

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertk View Post
    I am also reading the GM PN 12346190 or replacement PN 19369226 are the same as the above Mopar synthetic manual trans lube and also recommended for my year Viper transmission... anyone with insight on that?
    I went with the Redline 75w 85 GL-4 in my '01. You can use the MOPAR ATF +4 as well but I wanted to stay as close to "stock" as possible.
    VOA 2022 Communication Team Member, 2022 VOA Membership Committee Member

'01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    I went with the Redline 75w 85 GL-4 in my '01. You can use the MOPAR ATF +4 as well but I wanted to stay as close to "stock" as possible.
    Thank you Sapphirebob

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    The Syntorq was (I think) a TSB for NGR. certain year T56 (again, 98 I think), it cause premature wear on some part, paper filter or something. Causing 3rd gear to "pop out". At least that's what it did with ours. We went back to the Mopar ATF 4.
    2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....

Quote Originally Posted by uvbnbit View Post
    The Syntorq was (I think) a TSB for NGR. certain year T56 (again, 98 I think), it cause premature wear on some part, paper filter or something. Causing 3rd gear to "pop out". At least that's what it did with ours. We went back to the Mopar ATF 4.
    If I recall correctly, it was the blocker rings. At some point, they switched from paper lined to carbon blocker rings, which fixed that particular issue. This was an issue with the T-56 in general, regardless of vehicle.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Thanks guys... The Syntorq was the factory fill from 99-06 from everything I read... no longer available in the US but apparently Mopar 4874459 and GM 12346190 are the same product and recommended for those years of the Viper... neither available from what I've found, I have a nephew that works for GM and gonna look into the GM part number tomorrow.

Having said all that I am aligned with Sapphirebob on staying as close to factory as possible so if I can't get the GM product I am gonna use the Redline 75w 85 GL-4

Thanks again guys

There's also BG Synchro Shift II, which is a GL-4 as well.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Royal Purple Sychromax. I use Royal Purple in all my trannys and even in my rear end!
    They’re coming to get you Barbara.

VOA Member
    since 2021
    Minnesota

I'm sure this is just white labeled from another fluid company but i used the fluid direct from tremec and it's been great. https://www.tremec-store.com/product...smission-fluid

VOA Member
    since 2021
    Minnesota

But when I went to dodge their system said just standard Mopar ATF 4

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    If I recall correctly, it was the blocker rings. At some point, they switched from paper lined to carbon blocker rings, which fixed that particular issue. This was an issue with the T-56 in general, regardless of vehicle.
    That it. A paper lined ring. Thanks
    2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroJonez View Post
    I'm sure this is just white labeled from another fluid company but i used the fluid direct from tremec and it's been great. https://www.tremec-store.com/product...smission-fluid
    Another place to get it from. This is all I use in Tremec.
    https://americanpowertrain.com/shop/...mission-fluid/
    Last edited by daveg; 11-01-2021 at 05:21 PM.
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

I went with ATF+4 and liked the way it shifts better then the Dexron III