Thread: Joined the Club

Joined the Club

Finally got my dream car, and couldn’t be any happier. Proud to be a Viper owner.

It’s a 2016 white ACR, the ACR with the higher top speed lol.

Attached some pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Beautiful, love the brass monkey wheels. Congrats and welcome.
    A few words of CAUTION to those who think
    a VIPER looks MEAN, ARROGANT and HOSTILE...
    CUT OUT THE FLATTERY!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Nice! Love the all white ACR look.

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    X2! BadAss car!
    2015 Viper GT
    2021 Model Y Performance

Scott Keith Grayson
    VOA Forums Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Beautiful, love the brass monkey wheels. Congrats and welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamrhead View Post
    X2! BadAss car!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Couldn't agree more! SWEET ride!
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2014 SRT8 JGC Closed Roof (Gone and missed)
    2018 Range Rover Sport Dynamic
    Resident Misanthrope

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    2016 Viper
    Avatar says 6/19 joined...enthusiast all this time? You just proved it buying White Lightnin!
    Clean 'n Mean.

Are your forward sidesills still white ? Chek back after 15K miles......

Good luck
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

Awesome car!!! Love the look with the Brass Monkeys. Congrats!!!

And I think JonB is hinting that you need to quickly get a set of hi-flo cats on there to cool down exhaust temps right behind the front wheels. There are many posts on here about it. Definitely the #1 best mod you can do right out of the gate -- and it won't break the bank or set any codes.

Nice car. Congratulations. Enjoy!
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by EV1L View Post

It’s a 2016 white ACR, the ACR with the higher top speed lol.
    haha yep. Faster on track too, both the pro drivers at the Ring attempt said the wing (On lowest setting) was way to big and killing their times. If it was mine and I was going to drive it I'd add the diffuser, they just look so good. Congrats!!!
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Enthusiast
    Its perfect. White is the best color for sure.
    2017 White GTS 1/2 No stripes

Congrats! Car is stunning! Love the BM’s!
    1992 RT/10 - The One & Only FIRST
    2002 ACR - Graphite / Silver Stripe 1 of 22
    2017 GTS-R - The Most Amazing and The Last

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    Are your forward sidesills still white ? Chek back after 15K miles......

Good luck
    I couldn’t find the full exhaust on your website for Gen V.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    haha yep. Faster on track too, both the pro drivers at the Ring attempt said the wing (On lowest setting) was way to big and killing their times. If it was mine and I was going to drive it I'd add the diffuser, they just look so good. Congrats!!!
    I always wondered how the non extreme ACR and the TA 2.0 would have done in comparison to the ACR Extremes @ The Ring.
    2015 Competition Blue with Graphite Stripes
    Pilot of Comp Coupe Chassis #4 and Chassis # 120

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulltilt View Post
    I always wondered how the non extreme ACR and the TA 2.0 would have done in comparison to the ACR Extremes @ The Ring.
    Remember, Pobst was only 1-2 seconds slower in a TA than the ACR at Laguna and we know the Kumho's are more than 2 seconds faster than the Corsa's.
    99% of amateur drivers will always be faster in the base Viper vs an ACR, not many are exceeding the limits of a Viper in high speed turns to where the aero would help them, but would be 5-10mph faster on all straights which is several seconds. Took me 6 years to get there.
    Pobst carried more speed than I did through the high speed turn at willow springs in a ZR1 with little downforce and street tires, think about that. I wasn't using the aero at all.
    After doing nasa in my base Viper for years, before I built the motor, when I got my ACR in 2016, it was slower on all our local tracks, on same wheels/tires.

Remember, Pobst was only 1-2 seconds slower in a TA than the ACR at Laguna and we know the Kumho's are more than 2 seconds faster than the Corsa's.
    99% of amateur drivers will always be faster in the base Viper vs an ACR, not many are exceeding the limits of a Viper in high speed turns to where the aero would help them, but would be 5-10mph faster on all straights which is several seconds. Took me 6 years to get there.
    Pobst carried more speed than I did through the high speed turn at willow springs in a ZR1 with little downforce and street tires, think about that. I wasn't using the aero at all.
    After doing nasa in my base Viper for years, before I built the motor, when I got my ACR in 2016, it was slower on all our local tracks, on same wheels/tires.
    Pobst did a best of 1:28 in the ACR-E at Laguna on Kumho's which is a 10th or so off the GT2 RS which is crazy.

That 1:30 with a TA at Laguna was on slicks/R6's if memory serves so not indicative of Corsa vs Kumho. Best a TA did on Corsa's was around 1:33 if memory also serves. So, Pobst best time on Kumho'd ACR-E vs his best time on Corsa'd TA, is a massive 5 secs or so. The R6/slick run with the TA was still 2 secs plus off the ACR E on Kumho's. That's impressive from both perspectives I would say.
    Last edited by Snakebit10; 11-04-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by EV1L View Post
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

I couldn’t find the full exhaust on your website for Gen V.
    Plz email me JonB@PartsRack.com ? Several options, Thanks
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

The Internet is yours tonight - LOL. Post of the year!
    2015 White GTC

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky

Supporting Vendor
    Congrats! Listen to Arizona he is the master!

Love the car but I'm way more jealous of the garage!
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, ACR sways, carbon stuff, big wing
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded. 2016 Lexus GX460: Full boring

This should be mailed to every Viper owner upon registration!

I've got nowhere near the experience of AV, but even WITHOUT a wing (just lip spoiler, being very low and a diffuser) and Corsas (not even Kumhos), at my home track, I backed off because I was going very fast and the car wasn't even starting to get loose. I knew I was far from the limit and wasn't really interested in finding it. Now, if it was a $25k car, I might have gone a good bit further, but the limit is absolutely wild on these cars for being a full fledged street car on true street tires even before you start adding big downforce numbers. I'm also very certain I'm faster without the wing. The car really does a great job of putting power down- very surprising given how much power it has.

Another thing to realize is, unlike mechanical grip which is relatively constant, aero is not. Windy day? Head wind vs tail wind makes a big difference. In a fast turn you'll have a ton more downforce than a slow one. Heck, your car may oversteer in slow turns and understeer in fast ones because the front and rear don't make downforce at the same rate (my track car, BRZ, does that because of the wing to splitter ratio). Cresting hills gets air under the car. Heck it's not even constant THROUGH the turn, depending on what the turn does, how banked it is, what the wind does (it doesn't have to start at entry) and how much your speed changes. It's very, very dynamic and you need to really be on your toes. And then, if you get loose, it's a lot harder to catch because you lose a lot of grip. Your wing doesn't make much downforce when the car is kicked out to the side. It's not very forgiving. .

Even on a bike, on windy days, I'd notice I needed to brake earlier/later in certain turns due to wind. Nothing is scarier than the first time you realize this, braking in a hard braking zone and you feel the bike push forward while you're damn near getting the back tire off the ground on the brakes. You feel like your brakes just gave out.

Cliff notes: Dont be in a rush for aero. It takes a lot of skill to handle properly and take advantage of.
    Last edited by Lawineer; 11-05-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, ACR sways, carbon stuff, big wing
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded. 2016 Lexus GX460: Full boring

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Western Reserve

Awesome looking car; I'm a huge fan of the BM wheels as others have pointed out. Welcome to the club, Viper ownership is an experience worth treasuring!!

Enthusiast
    Beautiful car. Congratulations!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    This should be mailed to every Viper owner upon registration!

I've got nowhere near the experience of AV, but even WITHOUT a wing (just lip spoiler, being very low and a diffuser) and Corsas (not even Kumhos), at my home track, I backed off because I was going very fast and the car wasn't even starting to get loose. I knew I was far from the limit and wasn't really interested in finding it. Now, if it was a $25k car, I might have gone a good bit further, but the limit is absolutely wild on these cars for being a full fledged street car on true street tires even before you start adding big downforce numbers. I'm also very certain I'm faster without the wing. The car really does a great job of putting power down- very surprising given how much power it has.

Another thing to realize is, unlike mechanical grip which is relatively constant, aero is not. Windy day? Head wind vs tail wind makes a big difference. In a fast turn you'll have a ton more downforce than a slow one. Heck, your car may oversteer in slow turns and understeer in fast ones because the front and rear don't make downforce at the same rate (my track car, BRZ, does that because of the wing to splitter ratio). Cresting hills gets air under the car. Heck it's not even constant THROUGH the turn, depending on what the turn does, how banked it is, what the wind does (it doesn't have to start at entry) and how much your speed changes. It's very, very dynamic and you need to really be on your toes. And then, if you get loose, it's a lot harder to catch because you lose a lot of grip. Your wing doesn't make much downforce when the car is kicked out to the side. It's not very forgiving. .

Even on a bike, on windy days, I'd notice I needed to brake earlier/later in certain turns due to wind. Nothing is scarier than the first time you realize this, braking in a hard braking zone and you feel the bike push forward while you're damn near getting the back tire off the ground on the brakes. You feel like your brakes just gave out.

Cliff notes: Dont be in a rush for aero. It takes a lot of skill to handle properly and take advantage of.

Yeah if my car didn't have 800whp I'd be a lot faster in it with no aero. I didn't add the aero until after I built my motor. With all that power I can easily overcome drag and the wing helps me put the power down sooner after slow turns. If anyone has a stock ACR and has been on a track where they need to use 5th gear, they'll see it's like opening a parachute.