Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

Flatbed tilt trailers

Any other brands of flatbed aluminum tilt trailers besides Alumatrailer?

Thanks
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Any other brands of flatbed aluminum tilt trailers besides Alumatrailer?

Thanks
    Jimglo trailers manufacturer in your "back yard ".

Enthusiast
    Not exactly a tilt trailer; but, there is a kneeling trailer that I have seen quite a few of at various California track events: https://www.futuratrailers.com/

Jimglo usually has had a display at the Barrett-Jackson January auction at Westworld.
    Jim

I don't know of any other aluminum tilt-decks. Steel trailers can be very light if they are designed to be. I saw a Sloan Kwik-Load at the track one day, snapped some photos and built my own steel trailer. It has an 18' x 7' deck, a 40" storage box across the front, has 3500# torsion axles and weighs 2100#. I know you're extremely weight-conscious Cable, but I suggest you consider where the value is for open towing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    I don't know of any other aluminum tilt-decks. Steel trailers can be very light if they are designed to be. I saw a Sloan Kwik-Load at the track one day, snapped some photos and built my own steel trailer. It has an 18' x 7' deck, a 40" storage box across the front, has 3500# torsion axles and weighs 2100#. I know you're extremely weight-conscious Cable, but I suggest you consider where the value is for open towing.
    Man you've got skills! I guess I didn't mean it has to be aluminum, I didn't realize there were steel tilts as well. I don't care about the weight, I normally tow 16K! The problem I'm having is there's nothing in stock, up to 500 miles around me. Jimglo is 6 months out. I found an Aluma 500 miles from me, but it's 20 foot wanted 24. I'll email Kwik load and see if they stock them, but they are 16 hours away. Thanks!

AZ, those Futura's are nice but fairly pricey, look at the various sites (including the Porsche sites) as I do see nice used ones from time to time. I had thought about there enclosed version to but they made so few so you have to buy new. ($20-22K new and you can buy one now).

You don't need to go flatbed. My Featherlight with race ramps works just fine for me and my splitter is probably as low as yours

Keep in mind that any of those tilt type are going to need race ramps to clear your splitter or diffuser, or both. Only the Futura is a flat bed if you don't want to use ramps!

BTW, 5 months later I think we are 2 weeks away from the Dyno with the new paddles, I'll keep you posted!! Mike
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    I hauled my Blue/White Sloan's Kwik Load all over the USA...Hauling Blu/White GTS behind Blu/White Indy Ram.

Loved the Sloans.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

Enthusiast
    RacingJunk is my "Go To" site......
    https://www.racingjunk.com/category/...-trailers/5671

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    AZ, those Futura's are nice but fairly pricey, look at the various sites (including the Porsche sites) as I do see nice used ones from time to time. I had thought about there enclosed version to but they made so few so you have to buy new. ($20-22K new and you can buy one now).

You don't need to go flatbed. My Featherlight with race ramps works just fine for me and my splitter is probably as low as yours

Keep in mind that any of those tilt type are going to need race ramps to clear your splitter or diffuser, or both. Only the Futura is a flat bed if you don't want to use ramps!
    Who is dyno'ing your car? You're gonna love the paddles!

BTW, 5 months later I think we are 2 weeks away from the Dyno with the new paddles, I'll keep you posted!! Mike
    I think I'm gonna get a Jimglo. I'm hoping with the front of the trailer jacked way up and with the tilt I won't need any ramps!

I think I'm gonna get a Jimglo. I'm hoping with the front of the trailer jacked way up and with the tilt I won't need any ramps!
    Cable, what are you doing? You have a 2-car enclosed hauler. Or did you get spoiled with the golf cart in the pits and can't give up the trailer space? LOL Are you looking for something more convenient to move the cars around locally (like to Apex or back and forth to Tony's), or are you planning on taking two tow rigs to the track with the better half driving one?

Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    I hauled my Blue/White Sloan's Kwik Load all over the USA...Hauling Blu/White GTS behind Blu/White Indy Ram.

Loved the Sloans.
    Very cool!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Cable, what are you doing? You have a 2-car enclosed hauler. Or did you get spoiled with the golf cart in the pits and can't give up the trailer space? LOL Are you looking for something more convenient to move the cars around locally (like to Apex or back and forth to Tony's), or are you planning on taking two tow rigs to the track with the better half driving one?

Pappy
    Yeah just a runabout for taking to shop, Apex etc. I can't even get my trailer around Tony's shop anymore because the trees grew too big. Plus need it for my RZR, hauling stuff etc.

Enthusiast
    There is an 18 foot one listed in San Diego area Craigslist at a dealer in Oceanside, CA
    Jim

Enthusiast
    Take a look at the pivot point of the trailer bed. I do not think that raising the front of the trailer will reduce the bed's angle since the bed's pivot point is about at the trailer's axle which will stay put or possibly lift a bit and the end of the bed is resting on the ground, when loading.
    Jim

Like AZTVR said, I think you'll still need some helper ramps. That's no a big deal and that's a nice trailer. Good luck.

Mine's going on the dyno with Dan and Chris (I can't remember Chris's last name). Chris used to work with Dan when Dan had his big shop. Chris bought his own dyno to do tuning, he's a Viper ECU expert and can really tune/program G1-to G3 Viper ECU's. His day job in the last couple of years is to manage all the tuning at the Porsche Center in LA. (The Porsche factory test drive center) Very talented guy.

Lance is drooling over your Long Beach video and hopes that mine will preform similarly to yours. I do hope so!!! Take care. Test and tune at Willow in 30-45 days, we'll see.
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    Take a look at the pivot point of the trailer bed. I do not think that raising the front of the trailer will reduce the bed's angle since the bed's pivot point is about at the trailer's axle which will stay put or possibly lift a bit and the end of the bed is resting on the ground, when loading.
    Ahhh yeah you are right.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Like AZTVR said, I think you'll still need some helper ramps. That's no a big deal and that's a nice trailer. Good luck.

Mine's going on the dyno with Dan and Chris (I can't remember Chris's last name). Chris used to work with Dan when Dan had his big shop. Chris bought his own dyno to do tuning, he's a Viper ECU expert and can really tune/program G1-to G3 Viper ECU's. His day job in the last couple of years is to manage all the tuning at the Porsche Center in LA. (The Porsche factory test drive center) Very talented guy.

Lance is drooling over your Long Beach video and hopes that mine will preform similarly to yours. I do hope so!!! Take care. Test and tune at Willow in 30-45 days, we'll see.
    Awesome dude. If you want the crazy pops mine does I'll ask my tuner how to do it hehe

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Ok, I got lucky and Jimglo had a 20 footer in stock with the winch option which I needed. Gonna pick it up this week! They are in Kingman about 3 hours from me
    https://www.jimglo.com/open-car-trailer

AZ, They look great, keep us all posted!

Looks like a great trailer, I presume you will still need ramps if you have a front splitter fitted to the car?

Please post up a video of your car being loaded up

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Looks like a great trailer, I presume you will still need ramps if you have a front splitter fitted to the car?

Please post up a video of your car being loaded up
    I'm hoping no ramps. Worst case a couple of 2X4's.
    These trailers are built by inmates inside the prison. When I pick it up they said I'll be driving into the prison and to not bring in any drugs or guns. LOL.
    So you know the quality is going to be high, these guys want to work and appreciate it instead of sitting around collecting unemployment.

I'm hoping no ramps. Worst case a couple of 2X4's.
    These trailers are built by inmates inside the prison. When I pick it up they said I'll be driving into the prison and to not bring in any drugs or guns. LOL.
    So you know the quality is going to be high, these guys want to work and appreciate it instead of sitting around collecting unemployment.
    Hey, hopefully the guys who make your trailer get out of prison and get good jobs.

If I see you with 2X4's, I'm going to smack you in the head. Do you need a loan from me to buy race ramps????

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Vendor
    Have a friend selling nice enclosed 40 ft trailer for a good price. Probably over kill since your looking at tilts but thought i would mention it anyway just in case.

Hey TKO, guessing you haven't seen his enclosed trailer?? It's is over the top and probably around that 40' range. Tows with a giant dodge, he needs to step up and get a Freighliner totter!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Not a tilt trailer, but a drop trailer.

I used it for 5 years, I loved it. Super handy!

https://maxxdtrailers.com/a6x-10k-dr...d-car-trailer/

Nice added bonus of the drop trailers is the air on board. You don't need to bring an additional compressor.
    Last edited by 13COBRA; 11-08-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Ok, I got lucky and Jimglo had a 20 footer in stock with the winch option which I needed. Gonna pick it up this week! They are in Kingman about 3 hours from me
    https://www.jimglo.com/open-car-trailer
    NO ROOM for that over-kill golf cart, make me a lowball offer?!
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

TKO, he wants a small one to grab groceries!! Check out his regular hauler!!

Cable trailer.jpg

cable trailer 2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Not a tilt trailer, but a drop trailer.

I used it for 5 years, I loved it. Super handy!

https://maxxdtrailers.com/a6x-10k-dr...d-car-trailer/

Nice added bonus of the drop trailers is the air on board. You don't need to bring an additional compressor.

Hey Cable, this ^^^^^ Buds for you!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast