Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    Upgraded the tow vehicle (Super comfy)...Trailer is still plain Jayne tho.
    What's the tow rating on that bad boy?
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    What's the tow rating on that bad boy?
    Non tag axle like mine is supposed to be 10K, but lots of guys tow stacker trailers with them. It's a heavy coach at 41K. The larger Cornerstone models are rated at 20K.

Guys, I just want to say... some of these rigs you have are absolutely incredible!!!

I just stepped up into my 2nd motorhome, and I'm just happy to have something that can tow a car.

I am light years from you guys, but this stuff is amazing to see!! I'm really enjoying these pictures, there should almost be a rig/hauler section in here!
    First it was a '95 RT/10, then came the '01 GTS. Now it's a '14 GTS. They say the third time's the charm, I have to agree.

Rare Snake, post yours up!! I'm enjoying this thread as we all talk about Tow Rigs, AND, we all love going to the track

Gettin tired of the endless BAT threads on this board!!!!! Take care, Mike
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Rare Snake, post yours up!! I'm enjoying this thread as we all talk about Tow Rigs, AND, we all love going to the track

Gettin tired of the endless BAT threads on this board!!!!! Take care, Mike
    20211105_131812.jpg

It's nothing special, just a really clean older GMC Class C. Next up will be a trailer.
    First it was a '95 RT/10, then came the '01 GTS. Now it's a '14 GTS. They say the third time's the charm, I have to agree.

Looks super clean!!! early 90's? I'm sure its very functional. How much weight can you tow? How long have you had it?
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Looks super clean!!! early 90's? I'm sure its very functional. How much weight can you tow? How long have you had it?
    Just picked it up last weekend, 1989. Everything works and really low miles (works out to 63K). I've been trying to find actual numbers, but it will be good for at least a small car on an open trailer.

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare Snake View Post
    Just picked it up last weekend, 1989. Everything works and really low miles (works out to 63K). I've been trying to find actual numbers, but it will be good for at least a small car on an open trailer.
    That thing is really nice. Everything you need, clean, simple, and easy................. Best way to go racing.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    I really need to up my game....

Great pics of rigs and trailers!
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

Wesley Frasard
    VOA National Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Last edited by viperguy69; 11-16-2021 at 10:36 PM.
    2005 Copperhead #10/300
    2014 Carbon Edition #37/50
    20XX Replica Project Viper #1/1

Those Futura’s are really nice. That’s what Cable (AZViper) really should get instead of that Jimglow for what he’s trying to accomplish

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Michael you were right! I got the Jimglo and couldn't get the car on. Spent two hours cutting wood and using my short ramps, had to give up and borrow my friends 4 piece long set. sigh... So I might be selling this. I don't like lugging around race ramps. If I was going to do that I could have just got a cheap wood floor utility trailer. If anyone wants to buy it, let me know lol.

IMG-4562.jpg

THAT bad boy is going to create chaos on the roads everywhere it's pulled. It might almost be as serious as my iconic '96 B/W GTS.
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Word for the wise...a buddy I track with hauls his Z06 on a Futura. It's just under two years old. One of the cables snapped, making it impossible to raise. Had to use a series of trucks and winches to get it up and secured. Parts were a 6 month back order.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Maxx D air trailers.

Cable, sorry to hear about your issues but I had a feeling that wasn't going to work without Race Ramps. Those double ones you bought are very nice. Steve from Vegas (SSG Comp coupe) had them on his open Featherlite (like mine) and they were a snap to use.

Quit bitchin about ramp storage, figure our on your own where to store them top side or underneath that Very Nice Jimglow. If you get stumped, take it out to SoCal and my buddies at Car Prep will build you a nice storage set up for cheap $$$$'s.

Nick, I can only imagine what happens if those Futura's break?? They look slick, I even considered there enclosed model. What I don't know is there durability, the only ones I have ever seen are on-line, never have seen one at the track

Guys, on another note, I just ordered and enclosed, similar to Trailex but a whole bunch cheaper. 19" inside and will only weight 1900 lbs. empty. With tires, fuel cans an miscellaneous I'm figuring 5500 total weight and my Sprinter is good to 7500 lbs.

New Trailer.jpg

Cable, looks like you have e-tracks on the trailer bed. I could build a simple set of holders that clip into the tracks to hold the 2-piece race ramps cross-ways across the bed in front of the car and just behind the wind deflector. Would be simple to use - just drop the ramps in the holders and secure with a short ratchet strap. Then you could remove the brackets when not needed.

Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

A less obtrusive storage location would be underslung, ahead of the trailer axles.

Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    A less obtrusive storage location would be underslung, ahead of the trailer axles.
    The long 2-piece Race Ramps are 6-8" deep at the fat end, and there are additional structural members under the trailer that might cause them to hang pretty low.
    I tried putting them under my older open trailer and they were just too low, so I just throw them in the bed of the pick-up. I think Cable is looking for something that is short duration and convenient for short hauls to the shop and back. Brackets on top of the deck that just clip into the e-track and are easily removable when not needed would fill the bill.
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

I saw one of these Timpte aluminum tilt decks at COTA last weekend. 7000#, 81" x 18' or 20' deck options. All riveted, no welds, uses an electric winch to raise and lower. Here's a pretty cool manufacturer's video that shows easy loading of lawn/garden equipment AND a Porsche GT2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_1BjgNcIpc

Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    I saw one of these Timpte aluminum tilt decks at COTA last weekend. 7000#, 81" x 18' or 20' deck options. All riveted, no welds, uses an electric winch to raise and lower. Here's a pretty cool manufacturer's video that shows easy loading of lawn/garden equipment AND a Porsche GT2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_1BjgNcIpc
    I actually went and looked at one just the other day, man these things are cool!! This one was too long, and had no nose guard, but this is absolutely what I want!

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Northern California
    @AZ, I use the Futura Trailer. I still need to use a short ramp to clear the ACR-E front splitter.
    IMG_5751.jpgIMG_7591.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmut View Post
    @AZ, I use the Futura Trailer. I still need to use a short ramp to clear the ACR-E front splitter.
    Ugh! How small? lol. Could you just use short 2x4's?

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Ugh! How small? lol. Could you just use short 2x4's?
    I use the race ramp extensions below, a pair of short 2x4 would also work.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 6.55.32 AM.jpg
    https://www.raceramps.com/tow/xtenders/p/bt-tt-7-ex-10/

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Those aren't so bad!

VOA Member
    since 2015
    Mid-South (AR/LA/MS)
    I recently acquired a 16' Futura lowering trailer to haul my GTS. I'd originally ordered the 18' Timpte version because the Futuras were all stuck off the coast of California for months. When I arrived to pick up the Timpte, the dealership had received a shipment of Futuras. This gave me the opportunity to see both side by side. I chose the Futura because it was shorter (16' vs 18'), had a tire rack, and was more polished. Both are very nice aluminum lowering trailers. If the Timpte had a tire rack, I would likely have gone with it, despite the extra length. If anyone is interested, I believe the dealership still has both brands in stock. They're not cheap, but I love the ease of loading, unloading, and hauling with the open trailer. I'm not competing any longer, so I don't need to worry about carrying all the spares and tools.

red lolly on futura.jpg
    LollyGirl Racing: proud to run with the Viper Racing League
    1998 GTS - Black/green (Race Prepped) - sold; 2000 GTS - Red/white (Race Prepped)
    2005 Comp Coupe VCC#057 Green/black - sold; 2005 Vert Mamba - Silver/red

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast