Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Enthusiast CarbonDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    212

    Selling OEM ACR E Wheels w Hoosier R7s And Girodisc Rotor Setup

    Here's a link to my ad on this site, I know lots of people might not frequent the classifieds forum.

    OEM ACR Wheels:
    https://driveviper.com/classifieds/w...will-ship.html

    Girodisc and ST43 setup:
    Set of 4 Girodisc rotors with a few track days on them and lots of life left. I bought them brand new this summer.
    Includes 1 set of moderately used ST43 pads (all 4 corners) and 1 additional set of ST43 pads brand new in boxes (also all 4 corners).
    Fits 2016-2017 Viper ACR-E with factory carbon ceramic brakes. It's a direct and easy swap.
    This combo works absolutely beautifully on track and street!
    Pics:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...vR?usp=sharing
    Price: $2400 shipped


    Retiring the Viper from track duties as I've bought a 991 GT3 Cup car!

    20211029_161125 (2).jpg
    Last edited by CarbonDan; 11-12-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    2017 ACR-E
    2004 Lambo Murcielago -- Gated Manual, 2004 Challenge Stradale
    2018 991.2 GT3 -- Manual, 2014 991.1 GT3 Cup, 2019 Raptor

  2. #2
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,912
    Beautiful car, it might get a little breezy with no driver door

  3. #3
    Enthusiast CarbonDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Beautiful car, it might get a little breezy with no driver door

    250162912_10215402903585351_6622693101566978167_n (1).jpg



    Racecar stuff is just the best isn't it?!
    This door legitimately weights 5-8 pounds at most. Feels like a feather.
    Easy to remove and replace in 30 seconds too
    2017 ACR-E
    2004 Lambo Murcielago -- Gated Manual, 2004 Challenge Stradale
    2018 991.2 GT3 -- Manual, 2014 991.1 GT3 Cup, 2019 Raptor

  4. #4
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonDan View Post
    250162912_10215402903585351_6622693101566978167_n (1).jpg



    Racecar stuff is just the best isn't it?!
    This door legitimately weights 5-8 pounds at most. Feels like a feather.
    Easy to remove and replace in 30 seconds too
    I agree.

  5. #5
    Enthusiast RedTanRT/10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Dana Point
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Beautiful car, it might get a little breezy with no driver door
    Nick, when I see these guys at the track I wish there was some way we could set our Comp Coupes up to do this. So much easier to get into things (to fix/adjust) in the cockpit!!
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

  6. #6
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    5,157
    Congrats Dan! Let us know your Ridge lap times once you get a few sessions in with this bad boy! What does it weigh? 2500? I know a guy that got one down to under 2400.
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

  7. #7
    Enthusiast RedTanRT/10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Dana Point
    Posts
    1,611
    Hey Dan, great for you and best wishes!!! The Cup cars are set up really good and there of hundreds of shops and vendors to support them!!!

    If your going to track regularly, a purpose built race car is the way to go. So much safer then ANY street car. I went from a built G4 ACR and could have ordered a G5 ACR at a great price, I thought why do I want to beat up a brand new car. Also, Vipers are so fast on the track, any major incident can get you killed or injured very easily. 5 of us out here took a similar view of safety and purpose and have Comp Coupes.

    The Porsche Cup cars are really, really nice and with many to choose from the prices aren't too bad (when you consider all you get). The downside is that rebuilds are pretty pricey compared to Vipers. Figure 2X plus to rebuild the trans or motor vs. Viper. Just budget accordingly.

    I don't know Porsche models like I do Vipers, yours's looks to be fairly new generation? Best wishes and watch how much faster you are now that you have piece of mind you are in a very safe environment!! Best wishes, Mike
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

  8. #8
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Nick, when I see these guys at the track I wish there was some way we could set our Comp Coupes up to do this. So much easier to get into things (to fix/adjust) in the cockpit!!
    It only takes money haha

  9. #9
    Enthusiast CarbonDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Hey Dan, great for you and best wishes!!! The Cup cars are set up really good and there of hundreds of shops and vendors to support them!!!

    If your going to track regularly, a purpose built race car is the way to go. So much safer then ANY street car. I went from a built G4 ACR and could have ordered a G5 ACR at a great price, I thought why do I want to beat up a brand new car. Also, Vipers are so fast on the track, any major incident can get you killed or injured very easily. 5 of us out here took a similar view of safety and purpose and have Comp Coupes.

    The Porsche Cup cars are really, really nice and with many to choose from the prices aren't too bad (when you consider all you get). The downside is that rebuilds are pretty pricey compared to Vipers. Figure 2X plus to rebuild the trans or motor vs. Viper. Just budget accordingly.

    I don't know Porsche models like I do Vipers, yours's looks to be fairly new generation? Best wishes and watch how much faster you are now that you have piece of mind you are in a very safe environment!! Best wishes, Mike
    This was precisely my rationale. I'm doing 50ish track days a year and sooner or later the odds will catch up. A street viper ACR-E with R7s or my street GT3 would be a really ugly crash...
    These cup cars are as stout as they come.
    I specifically opted for the 991.1 2014 version as they retain the Metzger engine which has a reputation for being bulletproof.
    These have a stated rebuild interval of 30 hours for gearbox and 50 hours for the engine (!) at $20k for the gearbox and $30k for the engine if being rebuilt by Porsche Motorsport.
    That has proven to been FAR too conservative over the years. The top level aftermarket rebuilders (Autometrics and others) have all advised me, these engines can run to 150-200 hours for trackday use. Their rebuild cost is $20k. Gearbox can do 90-100 hours, rebuild of $8-15k depending on what's needed.
    This one I bought has the Bosch M5 ABS kit added on ($~20k upgrade) which is the best upgrade to have for them. Aside from that it's all normal stuff - tires, fluids, axles, clutches here and there. etc.
    Factory built cage, recaro P1300GT seat, built in fire suppression, carbon reinforced fuel bladder with internal foam. No expense spared on safety with these cup cars which is exactly what I wanted.


    I'm expecting to be into the high 1:30s range at the Ridge with it, we'll see though!!
    Weight is something like 2700 pounds wet.
    2017 ACR-E
    2004 Lambo Murcielago -- Gated Manual, 2004 Challenge Stradale
    2018 991.2 GT3 -- Manual, 2014 991.1 GT3 Cup, 2019 Raptor

  10. #10
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    str5010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,052
    Awesome race car, congrats!
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

    Factory Race Car Registry - www.viperracinghistory.com

  11. #11
    Enthusiast RedTanRT/10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Dana Point
    Posts
    1,611
    Dan, sounds like you did your homework and found a great, well equipped car!!! I did the same with my CC, not as advanced as yours but I've got the big 6 piston Brembo endurance brakes and an EMCO sequential with close rations and much more. (GT3 European spec'd Viper).

    I'm envious of the 50 track days, I only go say 7-8 weekends per year.

    Those costs are really not bad at all considering the practical life the Autometrics guys quoted you. As you make friends with other Cup owners you'll get a ton of info and tips!! There is soooo much support for those Cup Cars.

    Now that you are ready, ditch the Hoosiers and just run Michelins or Pirelli's, surprisingly they don't cost that much more A-7's and you have smaller tires all around. Your slicks now will probably cost similar to the Viper R-7's!! Have a blast and keep us posted!!!! Mike
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

  12. #12
    Enthusiast CarbonDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Dan, sounds like you did your homework and found a great, well equipped car!!! I did the same with my CC, not as advanced as yours but I've got the big 6 piston Brembo endurance brakes and an EMCO sequential with close rations and much more. (GT3 European spec'd Viper).

    I'm envious of the 50 track days, I only go say 7-8 weekends per year.

    Those costs are really not bad at all considering the practical life the Autometrics guys quoted you. As you make friends with other Cup owners you'll get a ton of info and tips!! There is soooo much support for those Cup Cars.

    Now that you are ready, ditch the Hoosiers and just run Michelins or Pirelli's, surprisingly they don't cost that much more A-7's and you have smaller tires all around. Your slicks now will probably cost similar to the Viper R-7's!! Have a blast and keep us posted!!!! Mike
    Absolutely. I'm going to be running Hankook slicks to start, apparently they do really well for my type of need (great longevity, though will never be as fast out of the box as Michelins). $1800 a set! Was at $2600+ on the Hoosier R7s. Very excited to get it out for a test day soon here, will have plenty of videos to share.
    2017 ACR-E
    2004 Lambo Murcielago -- Gated Manual, 2004 Challenge Stradale
    2018 991.2 GT3 -- Manual, 2014 991.1 GT3 Cup, 2019 Raptor

  13. #13
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonDan View Post
    Absolutely. I'm going to be running Hankook slicks to start, apparently they do really well for my type of need (great longevity, though will never be as fast out of the box as Michelins). $1800 a set! Was at $2600+ on the Hoosier R7s. Very excited to get it out for a test day soon here, will have plenty of videos to share.
    You should try out the Yokohama's too! The A60 compound.... Cheaper than the Michelins, and seem to stay fast for longer....
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

  14. #14
    Congratulations on the Cup car! Any time I have been on track with them it's been all but impossible to even stay close. And the safety issue is what pushed me into something different for next season.

  15. #15
    Enthusiast CarbonDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    You should try out the Yokohama's too! The A60 compound.... Cheaper than the Michelins, and seem to stay fast for longer....
    Several cup owners have told me the same. Problem is I can't find any retailers that stock them! Where does one buy the yokos?
    Haven't much experience with the hankooks yet, but they run about $1850 a set - not half bad if I can get 2-3 days out of them, but we'll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by jrubin80 View Post
    Congratulations on the Cup car! Any time I have been on track with them it's been all but impossible to even stay close. And the safety issue is what pushed me into something different for next season.
    What car are you planning on running next year?
    2017 ACR-E
    2004 Lambo Murcielago -- Gated Manual, 2004 Challenge Stradale
    2018 991.2 GT3 -- Manual, 2014 991.1 GT3 Cup, 2019 Raptor

  16. #16
    I will be running an NP01 next year. A group of us rented one for a half-day a couple of weeks ago, everyone took a 30-minute session. One of us bought that car on the spot, the rest of us are ordering new. We all felt the safety and ease of self-supporting would be worth it. I think the goal is to use it to improve as a driver and maybe take 2 of them to the 25 Hour next year and have some fun. My ACR will go back to lapping day and fun drive duty. Unless the NASA Championships are at Utah next year. Then I will need to figure out hauling 2 cars. I could never push past 8/10ths in the ACR, so the risk was always in my head, which held me back. And the 8 weeks I have been waiting for my new transmission to arrive at the dealer was also a factor.

  17. #17
    sent you a message on the classifieds post.
    2013 GTS BLK Calvo H+C, "RTTLSNK"
    2020 Ram Rebel (white) "M4YHEM (daily)
    2003 SRT10 Blk "SHESFST"

  18. #18
    Enthusiast CarbonDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Congrats Dan! Let us know your Ridge lap times once you get a few sessions in with this bad boy! What does it weigh? 2500? I know a guy that got one down to under 2400.
    Had our first track day - was in the high 30s and damp/drying track. I got 2.5 good sessions in and the cup car was absolutely incredible. Effortless to drive compared to the ACR.
    While the cup car was in an entirely different league, there is a LOT to be said for the suitability and experience of the ACR-E on track.
    I was doing 1:44.x laps over and over without breaking a sweat. Once I start pushing the car, it should relatively easily be into the high 1:30 range.

    2017 ACR-E
    2004 Lambo Murcielago -- Gated Manual, 2004 Challenge Stradale
    2018 991.2 GT3 -- Manual, 2014 991.1 GT3 Cup, 2019 Raptor

  19. #19
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonDan View Post
    Had our first track day - was in the high 30s and damp/drying track. I got 2.5 good sessions in and the cup car was absolutely incredible. Effortless to drive compared to the ACR.
    While the cup car was in an entirely different league, there is a LOT to be said for the suitability and experience of the ACR-E on track.
    I was doing 1:44.x laps over and over without breaking a sweat. Once I start pushing the car, it should relatively easily be into the high 1:30 range.
    Very cool, thanks for sharing! What's crazy is I bet your top speeds are higher in this than the Viper, despite it having nearly 200hp less. Insane.
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

  20. #20
    Enthusiast Scott_in_fl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,991
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonDan View Post
    Had our first track day - was in the high 30s and damp/drying track. I got 2.5 good sessions in and the cup car was absolutely incredible. Effortless to drive compared to the ACR.
    While the cup car was in an entirely different league, there is a LOT to be said for the suitability and experience of the ACR-E on track.
    I was doing 1:44.x laps over and over without breaking a sweat. Once I start pushing the car, it should relatively easily be into the high 1:30 range.
    Great video, always fun to watch! What were your times at that track with the ACR-E?

  21. #21
    the cup car was absolutely incredible. Effortless to drive compared to the ACR.
    Viper is a handful compared to Porsches in general, I would say. I do like to put some ''effort'' though ;-)

  22. #22
    Enthusiast Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    720
    I watched your video and Cable's from the same track back-to-back. The Porsche looked very smooth and you could almost tell it was lighter, but well planted - no drama. Cable's Viper was all "hair, teeth, and eyeballs" - brutal, but very fast. An interesting comparison.

    Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  23. #23
    Enthusiast CarbonDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I watched your video and Cable's from the same track back-to-back. The Porsche looked very smooth and you could almost tell it was lighter, but well planted - no drama. Cable's Viper was all "hair, teeth, and eyeballs" - brutal, but very fast. An interesting comparison.

    Pappy
    Haha absolutely! Cable's viper on this track is one hell of a wild ride. That thing is a hairy animal. The cup car is a leisurely stroll in the park.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Very cool, thanks for sharing! What's crazy is I bet your top speeds are higher in this than the Viper, despite it having nearly 200hp less. Insane.
    Yep! Viper starts hitting an aero wall here at around 140, peaks at maybe 145.
    This was pulling 155-160+ and still pulling hard at the the end. That was one of the big differences I noticed was getting into 6th gear the car is still hauling ass forward. It's a great feeling!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    Great video, always fun to watch! What were your times at that track with the ACR-E?
    Best time I've done in the ACR-e was 1:44.9 earlier in this last season. I made a lot of improvement to myself as a driver over the summer, however as the temps came up the car really loses a lot of power with 92 octane pump. I believe that I should be around 1:43.5ish if all things were in my favor - fresh R7s, cool morning or 101 octane unleaded race gas.

    These were two laps at 1:45 on a hot day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V71rnYBiiT8
    I feel like I'm pushing myself near my personal limits on those laps, going 100% flatout through turn 9-10 which is pretty dicey in real life.

    The cup car, by contrast, this was my second session out there just feeling it out not giving it anywhere near max effort. The video doesn't show it well but it was in the 30s with a damp track. A Shelby daytona replica with a great driver had been totaled in the previous session. All things unknown with this car currently. So I wasn't pushing it near its limits. My goal this coming season will be to get a sub 1:40 lap, which I believe is a reasonable goal.
    2017 ACR-E
    2004 Lambo Murcielago -- Gated Manual, 2004 Challenge Stradale
    2018 991.2 GT3 -- Manual, 2014 991.1 GT3 Cup, 2019 Raptor


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •