Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Do you have to swap out rotors when your pads are low? So far I'm becoming less and less impressed with the 2015 I posted

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    If the previous owner left the factory Brembo pads on there, the rotors should be fine to reuse, the Brembos aren't hard on rotors. My pre bed Carbotech endurance pads on the other hand, are hard on rotors. If you're street driving, stick to the Brembos, dust be damned, (not that I care about dust, unlike most owners).

For the rear carbon applique, most either go OEM, or Xtreme Supercars.
    Looks like you responded just as I did. Dealer said he'd put new pads in the front, haven't said which one. Based on a picture, it looks like either the diffuser is cracked or may just be a trail of fluid of some sort, might have to walk away

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Looks like you responded just as I did. Dealer said he'd put new pads in the front, haven't said which one. Based on a picture, it looks like either the diffuser is cracked or may just be a trail of fluid of some sort, might have to walk away
    Dealer send you any better pics? The cargurus pics are small and don't show much detail on my 30 inch monitor.

The more I look at the low res pictures, it looks like at least the passenger exhaust tip is resting too far back in the bezel, if it's cold, and I can't really tell from the pics, but the rotors don't look "unused".... I also find the front bumper looks weird with the stryker badge removed.
    Last edited by darbgnik; 1 Week Ago at 07:56 PM.
    Brad Williams
    2015 Competition Blue SRT - DSC Suspension - TA1 Aero - StopTech's - SW2's with Corsas, Hummer H1, E92 M3, BMW R1200GS Rallye, Ducati 999S, etc

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Do you have to swap out rotors when your pads are low? So far I'm becoming less and less impressed with the 2015 I posted
    Not necessarily, but it depends on what the rotors look like. If you are sticking with the same pads, I wouldn't hesitate to use the same rotors as long as they look okay. If going with different pads, you could always try cleaning up the rotor surface first with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/3M-01410-Surf...00063V0XC?th=1
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Enthusiast
    He sent a walk around, here's the passenger exhaust

Screenshot_20211124-195312_Video Player.jpg
    VideoCapture_20211124-195714.jpg

Driver side rotor

He sent a walk around, here's the passenger exhaust

Driver side rotor
    In this pic from the add the exhaust tip looks way far back.

2015-dodge-viper-gt-2dr-coupe.jpg

Here's mine for comparison, they need to sit a bit forward cold to allow them to expand while hot, and not touch the back of the bezel.

20211124_203728.jpg

This might be a sign of a good thing, however. It may have high flow cats on it, which will prevent your white paint near the sill from yellowing.
    Brad Williams
    2015 Competition Blue SRT - DSC Suspension - TA1 Aero - StopTech's - SW2's with Corsas, Hummer H1, E92 M3, BMW R1200GS Rallye, Ducati 999S, etc

Enthusiast
    In this pic from the add the exhaust tip looks way far back.

2015-dodge-viper-gt-2dr-coupe.jpg

Here's mine for comparison, they need to sit a bit forward cold to allow them to expand while hot, and not touch the back of the bezel.

20211124_203728.jpg

This might be a sign of a good thing, however. It may have high flow cats on it, which will prevent your white paint near the sill from yellowing.

I see what you're saying, it's definitely near the far back. He doesn't seem to have much knowledge on it since he got it from auction. I noticed the intake appears to be different as well. It's concerning that the person who did the PPI didn't note any of this

I see what you're saying, it's definitely near the far back. He doesn't seem to have much knowledge on it since he got it from auction. I noticed the intake appears to be different as well. It's concerning that the person who did the PPI didn't note any of this
    Well judging by the airbox, which doesn't help performance by the way, and the added TA aero, the last owner wasn't afraid of basic mods. I'd assume the exhaust is probably either modded, or was modded and returned to stock. Still not a reason to be afraid of the car really, just something to be mindful of. It's also not surprising it wouldn't be noted on a PPI, they're probably ensuring it has an exhaust, not whether it's OEM, or adjusted correctly. Not on many other car does that part of the installation of exhaust actually have consequences.
    Brad Williams

Enthusiast
    Well judging by the airbox, which doesn't help performance by the way, and the added TA aero, the last owner wasn't afraid of basic mods. I'd assume the exhaust is probably either modded, or was modded and returned to stock. Still not a reason to be afraid of the car really, just something to be mindful of. It's also not surprising it wouldn't be noted on a PPI, they're probably ensuring it has an exhaust, not whether it's OEM, or adjusted correctly. Not on many other car does that part of the installation of exhaust actually have consequences.
    Good to know, are there any aftermarket options for the ta aero? Also, whats a quick way to determine if the rotors are I'm decent shape? I'm looking for a ready to go car, but the red srt isn't as responsive

Good to know, are there any aftermarket options for the ta aero? Also, whats a quick way to determine if the rotors are I'm decent shape? I'm looking for a ready to go car, but the red srt isn't as responsive
    Xtreme supercars seems to be the go to for carbon fiber, if not using OEM on these cars. The TA spoiler from Xtreme goes on with 3M tape, the OEM one with urethane. The front splitters get screwed to the car either way. Xtreme quality is top notch, OEM obviously is as well.

Again, it's hard to tell if the rotors are good by looking at pictures, obvious deep gouges should show up in high resolution pics, but heat checking from heavy track use, which causes vibration, is harder to spot without getting right up to it. Even if the rotors need replaced, you can buy the rings separate from Jon B, and swapping them is child's play... ask me how I know....

The bi-mode suspension on the GT might be the biggest pro with this 2015 GT, vs the 2014 SRT. The SRT suspension out of the box is quite stiff..... but the 6 vent hood is a must for me, so I'd have that over the GT suspension, as I've changed my suspension to DSC active anyway.
    Brad Williams

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    The clamps on the OEM exhaust stink. Once they are removed it is hard to get them tight enough to prevent rearward movement of the muffler. My guess is the exhaust has been apart for some reason. I ended up having a friend tack weld the joints on my ACR. Not really a concern that the exhaust was changed but you should check what if anything was done. High flow cats would be a plus to many people but could cause a state inspection issue depending on your state.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    The clamps on the OEM exhaust stink. Once they are removed it is hard to get them tight enough to prevent rearward movement of the muffler. My guess is the exhaust has been apart for some reason. I ended up having a friend tack weld the joints on my ACR. Not really a concern that the exhaust was changed but you should check what if anything was done. High flow cats would be a plus to many people but could cause a state inspection issue depending on your state.
    Not sure if this will be an issue in texas, but I agree, I would like to know at least what all was done to it

Screenshot_20211125-105456_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-105450_Chrome.jpg
    @darbgnik I sent a pm to xtreme supercars, see what the damage is for some replacement splitters

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Those codes tell me it has high flow cats. Which makes sense given the poorly placed exhaust tips.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Enthusiast
    Sounds like a plus then, so far the only concerns are brakes ND aero,which is only cosmetic but expensive

Sounds like a plus then, so far the only concerns are brakes ND aero, which is only cosmetic but expensive
    Well the fact that the only issues are "bolt on", then you're likely in good shape. Like I mentioned, you can buy the rings separate of the rotor carriers if the rotors are excessively chewed up or heat checked. Swapping the rotor rings is an easy DIY project, if you're in to that. And if you're not doing track days, the OEM Brembo pads are easy on rotors, and quiet, if you don't mind the dust. How are the rotors looking now that you have the car in front of you?

IIRC the splitters are kind of a pain to do, but I'd leave them alone for a bit to see how often your local area makes contact with them...... You may find they make contact with speed bumps and driveways enough for you to be less concerned with their appearance being perfect.
    Brad Williams

Are you looking for CF tail light surround or the black non-CF surround?

Enthusiast
    Well the fact that the only issues are "bolt on", then you're likely in good shape. Like I mentioned, you can buy the rings separate of the rotor carriers if the rotors are excessively chewed up or heat checked. Swapping the rotor rings is an easy DIY project, if you're in to that. And if you're not doing track days, the OEM Brembo pads are easy on rotors, and quiet, if you don't mind the dust. How are the rotors looking now that you have the car in front of you?

IIRC the splitters are kind of a pain to do, but I'd leave them alone for a bit to see how often your local area makes contact with them...... You may find they make contact with speed bumps and driveways enough for you to be less concerned with their appearance being perfect.

I still haven't flown out to look at it, I technically haven't bought it yet, the check is simply written. So far the red SRT only has some scratches underneath the front bumper, but the splitters are nearly untouched besides the guards underneath it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    Are you looking for CF tail light surround or the black non-CF surround?

Non cf, preferably. Dealer said he'd be willing to wrap the oem if I desired

Enthusiast
    SRT is going in for a PPI Tuesday, so far, I'm favoring the SRT image72571.jpgIMG_9250.jpgimage72573.jpg

Any recommendations on shipping, anyone?

Make sure your shipper has enough insurance. I think they're only required to have like $50k. I'd also have your own insurance on the car before it's picked up. It's likely only 2-3 days (so a few bucks) of extra coverage, but if something happens, you can let the two insurance companies fight it out. Obviously, make sure it's an enclosed trailer.

I also agree with above. Likely has high flow cats added. First thing I'd do is remove that rocker panel and adjust the placement to be more forward. It's very easy. Definitely the easiest exhaust I've installed. Hardest part was getting the car in the air, lol. I wouldn't let that deter you from the 2015 though. Again, it's a perk. It's honestly a "must" mod for these cars. The decreased heat and improvement on exhaust note is huge. I'd use the CEL as a negotiating point. Warranty is already expired so just get it tuned out.

I can't remember if I posted this already, but the Carbotech low dust pads are a real nice upgrade. Much less dust and more stopping power.

Exhaust with high flow cats and stock muffler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZo80OAARG0
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded &2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

Enthusiast
    I got a quote from reliable and passport, I saw them recommended on viper alley, how do I check how much insurance they have? I may actually end up driving, next Thursday is looking like good weather. The red SRT is now trying to jack up the price and is acting funny, so at least it's good to know that the mispositioned exhaust on the GT isn't something to worry about.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Make sure your shipper has enough insurance. I think they're only required to have like $50k. I'd also have your own insurance on the car before it's picked up. It's likely only 2-3 days (so a few bucks) of extra coverage, but if something happens, you can let the two insurance companies fight it out. Obviously, make sure it's an enclosed trailer.

I also agree with above. Likely has high flow cats added. First thing I'd do is remove that rocker panel and adjust the placement to be more forward. It's very easy. Definitely the easiest exhaust I've installed. Hardest part was getting the car in the air, lol. I wouldn't let that deter you from the 2015 though. Again, it's a perk. It's honestly a "must" mod for these cars. The decreased heat and improvement on exhaust note is huge. I'd use the CEL as a negotiating point. Warranty is already expired so just get it tuned out.

I can't remember if I posted this already, but the Carbotech low dust pads are a real nice upgrade. Much less dust and more stopping power.

Exhaust with high flow cats and stock muffler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZo80OAARG0

Dealer is putting these pads on the front.......... these are terrible pads, aren't they? I'm looking for the carbotech pads that you mentioned but every site say they don't fit https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-...archText=dg810

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by Mikey; 4 Days Ago at 08:44 PM.

Randomly mismatched pad compounds. You shouldn't push the car very hard with them because you'll have different coefficients of friction front/rear. I do that purposely with plenty of objective deliberation.
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Randomly mismatched pad compounds. You shouldn't push the car very hard with them because you'll have different coefficients of friction front/rear. I do that purposely with plenty of objective deliberation.

I fully intend on swapping them off, I guess the better question would be, would it be safe to drive the home 13 hours back to Texas on those pads?

Thursday I'll probably be heading through NC as well.

No wrong answer. I'd negotiate on the white one if the red one starts getting more expensive.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerAce View Post
    Thursday I'll probably be heading through NC as well.

No wrong answer. I'd negotiate on the white one if the red one starts getting more expensive.
    White won't budge, I refuse to pay a $699 doc fee though. If I end up picking up the white one, it would be great to meet up if you're close to the area

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast