Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Anyone recognize this viper

I'm in the process of purchasing this 15 GT, waiting for the ppi to come back. Anyone know of there's any stories with the car?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...314332528/NONE

Enthusiast
    I've seen it be for sale for a while now, that's all I know.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ATX SRT View Post
    I've seen it be for sale for a while now, that's all I know.
    That was part of my concern, older models sell for more on BAT than what I'm paying

It’s a low factory optioned car if that matters, it appears to have the 18 speaker system and better 2 piece rotors (but that may be standard on the GTS I can’t remember). I suspect the aero is not factory because the front splitters have the 2.0 rub strips and while it’s entirely possible for someone with factory aero to have replaced the 1.0 rub strips with 2.0 (I did it myself) most would never go to the trouble.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    It’s a low factory optioned car if that matters, it appears to have the 18 speaker system and better 2 piece rotors (but that may be standard on the GTS I can’t remember). I suspect the aero is not factory because the front splitters have the 2.0 rub strips and while it’s entirely possible for someone with factory aero to have replaced the 1.0 rub strips with 2.0 (I did it myself) most would never go to the trouble.

I think it's a 22j optioned GT rather than a full on GTS. Brakes are already at 40% despite only having 10k miles, so someone was definitely driving it

Enthusiast
    Did you negotiate about the asking price?
    I bought mine 2 months ago and they wouldn't budge of asking price.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2013GTS View Post
    Did you negotiate about the asking price?
    I bought mine 2 months ago and they wouldn't budge of asking price.
    Only got it down to $126,980, apparently he got it at auction for 123,980, at least that's what his screen said. The private parties are willing to negotiate, the 2014 red srt with cf aero only wanted 117

Enthusiast
    Good luck.
    Let us know how how it works out.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    I'm about 2 hours from there myself but my wife works in Charlotte right now. I'm sure she could put eyes on it for you if you need it. Pm me if so
    98 GTS (sold)
    14 GTS (sold)
    06 coupe (sold)
    17 GTC

Hey man, glad to see you post up here!

When is the PPI being done? That's a good looking car.

What air box and filters are on the car?
    Last edited by StrokerAce; 11-24-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerAce View Post
    Hey man, glad to see you post up here!

When is the PPI being done? That's a good looking car.
    They just finished up yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    They just finished up yesterday
    What's the air box and filters? I know you mentioned about the brakes but did you get the full PPI with all the pics? When I had mine down there were probably 300 pictures and big detailed write up.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Enthusiast
    What's the air box and filters? I know you mentioned about the brakes but did you get the full PPI with all the pics? When I had mine down there were probably 300 pictures and big detailed write up.
    This is all I got Screenshot_20211124-101420_Gallery.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mikey; 11-24-2021 at 11:15 AM.

I used to be all about stripes but a solid white Gen 5 looks so clean. Hopefully everything works out.
    2015 Competition Blue with Graphite Stripes
    Pilot of Comp Coupe Chassis #4 and Chassis # 120

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Love the look of that all white car as well.. Looks nice..
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    That was part of my concern, older models sell for more on BAT than what I'm paying
    I think it's been sitting because a lot of guys would fear(resale)/not prefer the sepia colored seats. Personally I like the seats and the seems like contrast stitching.
    Brad Williams
    2015 Competition Blue SRT - DSC Suspension - TA1 Aero - StopTech's - SW2's with Corsas, Hummer H1, E92 M3, BMW R1200GS Rallye, Ducati 999S, etc

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    I think it's been sitting because a lot of guys would fear(resale)/not prefer the sepia colored seats. Personally I like the seats and the seems like contrast stitching.
    I would be lying if I said I'm not shutting myself thinking about the cars dropping back down to the 80k range. I wasn't a fan of the seat color until my gf talked me into it

Most like either the majority to be sepia or all black. I like mine in that it has the full Sepia Laguna interior but even just the sepia seats looks good but probably not popular with most.

If it goes down to $80k does that mean you will sell it then and there for a big loss? I certainly hope not. Just enjoy it and drive it.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Enthusiast
    Most like either the majority to be sepia or all black. I like mine in that it has the full Sepia Laguna interior but even just the sepia seats looks good but probably not popular with most.

If it goes down to $80k does that mean you will sell it then and there for a big loss? I certainly hope not. Just enjoy it and drive it.
    I actually like that only the seats are Serbia, I've never been a fan of tan interiors. For some reason the people I show the interiors to say the red seats in the SRT look cheap despite being the same exact seats.

I only keep cars a year or two, so definitely not in the plane but I guess we'll see what happens. I'm too hard headed to sell at that big of a loss

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Hmm, I don't mind those seats at all.. Kinda like them.
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

Enthusiast
    Dealer said he'd put new pads on for me, not sure if it needs rotors or not

Front splitters aren't in the best of shape. Paint seems pretty clean for the most part, not liking the idea of replacing rotors and the carbon fiber on a new to me purchase

Screenshot_20211124-162803_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-162805_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-162805_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-162951_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20211124-163345_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-171458_Video Player.jpg

Diffuser looks like it may be cracked.
    Last edited by Mikey; 11-24-2021 at 06:30 PM.

Looks like a water trail on the diffuser, the dealer should be able to tell you either way.
    Brad Williams
    2015 Competition Blue SRT - DSC Suspension - TA1 Aero - StopTech's - SW2's with Corsas, Hummer H1, E92 M3, BMW R1200GS Rallye, Ducati 999S, etc

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    Looks like a water trail on the diffuser, the dealer should be able to tell you either way.

That's what I'm hoping

Enthusiast
    Honestly the wear area you NEED to be looking at is the under side of the sills and area right behind the front tire of the sill.
    Mine were pretty rock chipped up since Dodge doesn't put any protection or extended the liners like other cars.
    It bothered me enough as soon as i got mine i had both sills resprayed and matched, added the DSE rock guards and IMMEDIATELY did full matte PPF on the entire car.

My 2017 GTS had 12,000 miles when i got it. Came from Dallas a area where you can daily drive one of these cars. The wear on the sills showed.
    2017 White GTS 1/2 No stripes

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TBSH View Post
    Honestly the wear area you NEED to be looking at is the under side of the sills and area right behind the front tire of the sill.
    Mine were pretty rock chipped up since Dodge doesn't put any protection or extended the liners like other cars.
    It bothered me enough as soon as i got mine i had both sills resprayed and matched, added the DSE rock guards and IMMEDIATELY did full matte PPF on the entire car.

My 2017 GTS had 12,000 miles when i got it. Came from Dallas a area where you can daily drive one of these cars. The wear on the sills showed.

The majority of the car has PPF, so far the paint is damn near spotless besides a few small chips under the bumper
    What does the GTS have that the GT doesn't, BTW? From first glance, it looks like it shares the same TC suspension, interior, and speakers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast