Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insurance

insurance

Who do you guys use for "agreed upon value" insurance.IM sure this has been broached before,Thanks.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by aspman View Post
    Who do you guys use for "agreed upon value" insurance.IM sure this has been broached before,Thanks.
    I'm with USAA, although we haven't discussed value yet

Hagerty at $250k agreed upon value
    Current: 2016 GTC ACR-E (1 of 1) | 2019 Performante Spyder
    Past: 2015 650s | 2011 R8 V10 6MT | 2016 Charger Hellcat | 2014 Orange TA #55/93 | 2000 NSX CTSC - 1 of 44 | 97 B&W RT/10 - 1 of 53 | 2003 Z06

Hagerty is 2500/year...wow!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    It's kind of a crap shoot, but all reputable insurance companies will accept three "recent comparable sales" and settle for that. I had a Gen IV that I totaled right as production ended and the feeding frenzy was on. They wanted to settle for $90k, but the cars were going for around $125k and they ended up paying that. It was a huge pain in the ass, and they nit-picked things like tire wear and modifications, but it ended up working out. I bought the thing back for around $25k and ended up just selling the carcass (I think it's still running around somewhere on the East Coast). I have Geico, if that's any indication of what's possible - and my premium was around $750 a year.

I use NCM (National Corvette Museum from my Corvette days). They sell policies through American Modern and have AGV policies for stock and heavily modded cars. I have a $140K policy on my GTS.

Shoot Adam or Sam an email at info@ncminsurance.com and they can get a quote over pretty quick. It was much less than Hagerty for me personally.
    14' GTS - SRT Hood/Laguna and Carbon interior/Carbon Aero/18 Speaker/Hyper Sidewinders.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Hagerty. Vette, Stang and Viper.
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    New England
    Hagerty

Talked with my underwriter at Erie who told me I didn't need agreed-upon value with my TA because it's a newer car and doesn't have crazy low miles or anything outside of the norm (10k miles). I used the process with a previous vehicle and trust it. I supplied them with 2-3 listings and they gave me the average with no further explanation.
    Viper White TA #11 of 33

hard to find comps for a stryker purple gtc though.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by aspman View Post
    hard to find comps for a stryker purple gtc though.
    Very true - when I asked about that, they said at the very minimum they'd take the MSRP of the paint option, and adjust it upward to track the overall increase in value of the car. Probably not perfect, but I think it's going to be close.

VOA Member
    since 2018
    North Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'm with USAA, although we haven't discussed value yet
    I am also with USAA and spoke to them a couple months ago regarding agreed value insurance on my ACR-E. The response I got was that they did not do agreed value auto insurance. I am planning on talking with Haggerty in the next few days.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    St. Louis
    anybody that wont do agreed value is not in the business of it and god forbid if something happens, you will want to strangle them to get what is deserved/plus they are allways way more than a agreed value company

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by wirepaladin08 View Post
    I am also with USAA and spoke to them a couple months ago regarding agreed value insurance on my ACR-E. The response I got was that they did not do agreed value auto insurance. I am planning on talking with Haggerty in the next few days.

Smh, looks like I'll have to look for an alternative

Enthusiast
    Just called Hagerty, $4119 a year with 100/300/100 coverage and 140k agreed value. Give them a shot

Enthusiast
    Hagerty is the place to go for collector car insurance. They have a great reputation and flexibility that other insurers will not offer. There are also some limitations that might come into play.
    They are in talks to partner with Sate Farm, so that might open things up for more discounts, etc. OR it could screw up a great company, time will tell.
    I would call them and discuss it, they are fantastic to deal with and the representatives are uber pleasant and knowledgeable.

Grundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Just called Hagerty, $4119 a year with 100/300/100 coverage and 140k agreed value. Give them a shot
    I have $100k agreed value and it's $1300 or so.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, ACR sways, carbon stuff, big wing
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded. 2016 Lexus GX460: Full boring

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    I have $100k agreed value and it's $1300 or so.
    I called USAA and they said they'd go off of similar price sales, which was around 135 at Tomball. So probably going to stick with them. I don't have the cleanest record, but damn
    Last edited by Mikey; 12-15-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Enthusiast
    Yes, Grundy as well. I always forget about them.

Hagerty was twice the price than Grundy on the same policy with same basic conditions. Every time I get a new sports car I give them a shot and end up with Grundy. They are laughably high.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Hagerty was twice the price than Grundy on the same policy with same basic conditions. Every time I get a new sports car I give them a shot and end up with Grundy. They are laughably high.
    Same experience.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Insurance is not one size fits all.

Insurance carriers have different loss experiences with different make, models, and years of vehicles. Insurance is also governed by state. It is interesting how some states demand conformity while other allow for flexibility. Then add on states with interesting requirements. Additionally, some collector car insurers tolerate younger drivers while others simply will not cover younger drivers or those without experience with performance vehicles. It can and is stupidly frustrating.

Then there can be factors like credit score, tickets, points, claims, lien from loan (yes loans can be considered higher risk), storage, zip code, alarms, multi-car, etc. The ratings on a particular car can change at any time due to loss experience. Insurance companies use public satellite mapping to look at an applicants house or storage to ensure they exist and other factors.

If your vehicle has been insured, it is in some type of national database. They know the history of the car and maybe better than you. You are in the database too. Any claim filed with your company can be available in the database within hours.

I have one of the companies mentioned. I have all the goodies on the policy. I ran three quotes yesterday with several mentioned here and other well know insures.

One was 29.8% more
    One was 30.2% more
    One was 127% more

Why, no idea. All the companies keep their pricing methodology under wraps.

In the end, someone's experience with low or high rates may not be your experience with the same companies.

I am not one to rule out paying more - IF I GET MORE. When all things are equal, I tend to go the cost efficient route.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

Enthusiast
    It is crazy with pricing.

I just requoted for the ~same coverage with Grundy and Hagerty, $70,000 agreed value.
    Grundy: $1029 Hagerty: $820

Is that on a Gen III?
    14' GTS - SRT Hood/Laguna and Carbon interior/Carbon Aero/18 Speaker/Hyper Sidewinders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast