Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)

Dream Giveaway 2009 Viper ACR

Unleash the thrill seeker in you with the venomous bite of the legendary Dodge Viper ACR, the world's ultimate purpose-built, street-legal track car.

Enter to win and you'll fall in love with Viper's back-to-basics sports-car approach, including a traditional front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout with six-speed transmission; race-bred, fully independent four-wheel suspension; massive Continental ExtremeContact tires and wheels for maximum grip; and world-class brakes for benchmark stopping power.

With an MSRP of $107,000, this grand-prize 2009 Dodge Viper coupe features nearly every available factory option, including the desirable $13,000 ACR package, which upgrades the base Viper with 18x10 and 18x13 forged Sidewinder wheels, ACR badge, competition suspension, front splitter spoiler, and rear winged spoiler. It also includes the optional ACR driver stripe.

Don't miss your opportunity to put this legendary all-American Dodge Viper ACR in your garage. Veterans and children's charities are counting on you. Enter now. For VOA 2021 members, please check your email for additional details for a special offer.

Enthusiast Link: https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/ticket...promo=VP1221P2

NOTICE: THIS IS NOT A VOA RAFFLE.

THE VOA IS PROMOTING IT ON BEHALF OF DREAM GIVEAWAY GARAGE, A FUNDRAISER FOR VETERANS AND CHILDREN'S CHARITIES. THE VOA WILL RECEIVE 25% OF EACH TICKET SOLD FOR PROMOTING IT FOR THEM.

Dream Giveaway.jpg
    Last edited by Viperenvy; 12-07-2021 at 12:24 PM.
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

Will VOA be a charitable beneficiary of the raffle proceeds?
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Will VOA be a charitable beneficiary of the raffle proceeds?

Only of ticket sales
    Brian
    99 ACR

Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    GT2 Owners Group

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    A few quick comments. First I did not receive anything via email. Second, the use of the VOA logo on the picture here implies ownership or coordination of the raffle. Yet the links indicate no such association or coordination.

VCA has a long history of raffles, all but the last one were conducted through MCVO. As a result Viper owners may be skittish about raffles given the last VCA raffle did not appear on the up and up. This raffle does not clearly state where the raffle is held, or a raffle ID from that state. There are addresses for Iowa, Florida and Arkansas in the details, which adds a bit of confusion to the raffle location. This raffle also has no maximum number of tickets, nor minimum number indicated and runs for a considerable time with an October 12, 2022 end date. It also states “ sole and exclusive Sponsor and Administrator of this drawing is New Beginning Children's Homes, Inc., PO Box 529, Centerton, AR 72719 ("Sponsor").” which would seem to conflict with the statement in the posting indicating veterans and childrens charities.

Hopefully Brian can clarify and tell us why the picture has the VOA branding.

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    The VOA tells the IRS on the Form 990 that "Charitable Service" is a significant part of our mission. I say B.S. Can anyone name any national-club funded gift or event or donation?

Remember the VOA-NVE1 Slimey 'door prize-notta raffle car' at NVE1? Drawing pulled in an Ohio church to feign morality? And split 2-state jurisdiction? Local sheriffs 'observing' in MI and in OH? That event was a " VOA Founders" deception. But the profits helped with VOA financial footing.

More VOA Sleight-Of-Hand at play here?
    ..........More questions than answers.
    ................Ignore the past, repeat the mistakes.
    ....................Deja-Viper gambling activities. Zero related charity. Zero integrity.

If the Taxpayer-funded SBA loan to resuscitate the club was not enuf to disgust the average member, this oughtta finish it.

.............................................The VOA is now officially on a ventilator

[At least this charity hoax is 'banned in Oregon.']
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 12-07-2021 at 05:34 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    The VOA tells the IRS on the Form 990 that "Charitable Service" is a significant part of our mission. I say B.S. Can anyone name a national-club funded gift or event or donation?

More VOA Sleight-Of-Hand at play?
    .......More questions than answers.
    ............Ignore the past, repeat the mistakes.
    ...................Deja-Viper gambling activities. Zero related charity. Zero integrity.

If the SBA Taxpayer-funded SBA loan to resuscitate the club was not enuf to disgust the average member, this oughtta finish it.

.............................................The VOA is now officially on a ventilator

[At least we helped get this charity hoax 'banned in Oregon.']
    You know what.. I love your posts lately. Don’t stop.
    2009 SSG ACR Hardcore 1 of 1 before it was cool

2017 SSG ACR-eXtreme 1 of 1 after it was cool

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    The VOA tells the IRS on the Form 990 that "Charitable Service" is a significant part of our mission. I say B.S. Can anyone name any national-club funded gift or event or donation?

Remember the VOA-NVE1 Slimey 'door prize-notta raffle car' at NVE1? Drawing pulled in an Ohio church to feign morality? And split 2-state jurisdiction? Local sheriffs 'observing' in MI and in OH? That event was a " VOA Founders" deception. But the profits helped with financial footing.

More VOA Sleight-Of-Hand at play here?
    ..........More questions than answers.
    ................Ignore the past, repeat the mistakes.
    ....................Deja-Viper gambling activities. Zero related charity. Zero integrity.

If the SBA Taxpayer-funded SBA loan to resuscitate the club was not enuf to disgust the average member, this oughtta finish it.

[At least we helped get this charity hoax 'banned in Oregon.']
    Jon I love the tongue in cheek humor, and almost expect a phone call at any time. But in this case I have yet to see a VOA connection other than it being posted here and VOA Facebook page and the use of the VOA logo. Not clear if it’s usage is authorized or used with impropriety. Brian is not responding to inquiries here or on Facebook. Silence is not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    ..Jon I love the tongue in cheek humor, and almost expect a phone call at any time. But in this case I have yet to see a VOA connection other than it being posted here and VOA Facebook page and the use of the VOA logo. Not clear if it’s usage is authorized or used with impropriety. Brian is not responding to inquiries here or on Facebook. Silence is not a good look......
    Silence is not a good look, but recently its just about the ONLY look.

Posting here, and VOA FB, and VOA Logo use = 3-strikes. Dean asked...Brian answered
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 12-06-2021 at 07:44 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Dean asked...Brian answered
    Well sort of. Without a better explanation I am starting to think poorly of the whole thing. No where in the rules and such does it indicate what portions of proceeds actually goes to charities, vs expenses or to the current car owner.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Hey!

Thank you for all the concern about my welfare. Been a stupid busy day, but what is new for us folks that work and have families.

6:30 to 3:30 work - (8:00 break to press send on JonB order and a cup of caffeine)
    3:30 to 4:30 walk our dog with my wife (still the first and only one) before the wind storm hit
    4:30 to 4:35 found out a part I wanted was not in stock (I read Jon's website incorrectly - I was in a hurry to pay)
    4:40 to 5:30 work (4:55ish posted response)
    5:30 to 5:35 responded to JonB to delete both parts and send everything else. JonB is pretty easy to work with.
    5:40 to 6:00 discuss college application outstanding items with our daughter
    6:00 to 6:30 prepped for the CVOA Board & Membership meeting
    6:30 to 7:00 CVOA Zoom Board prep meeting
    7:00 to 7:50 CVOA Zoom Membership Meeting
    10 minute bathroom and warm drink refill
    8:00 to 8:45 Zoom meeting local business opportunity
    8:45 to 9:00 Teams meeting with team to recap
    9:00 Spend time with my wife
    9:30 Pull up VOA forum
    9:31 Craft response
    10:00 off to bed

Dream Giveaway has been in existence since 2007

They attended the 2018 NVE3 in Vegas. Kumho sponsored the 2017 Viper 1:28 ACRE giveaway, I believe Dream Giveaway used the Kumho tent at the Vegas track and sold tickets.
    https://blog.dreamgiveaway.com/2018/...gauge-package/
    https://blog.dreamgiveaway.com/categ...ream-giveaway/
    Winner did not want the car, took the cash, and the car ended up in a collection for stupid cheaper money from what I hear.

As I understand it, Dream Giveaway likes to partner with car clubs to sell tickets.

I met Chris Phillips of Dream Giveaway at Amelia Island in 2019 during the first Amelia Island Cars & Coffee Father Viper event. Their tent had a Lingenfelter Corvette being raffled and was next to the 15 or so Vipers (I think Viper Owners raise $3,500 for Charity that day & JonB was a sponsor of the event for Roy). Chris remembered me, tracked me down through a mutual acquaintance, and asked if the VOA could help them with awareness and selling tickets.

I communicated with both current & future leadership who liked the idea.

The VOA will receive 25% of the ticket sales that use the codes. I am sure they are partnering with other organizations.

The artwork was created by them as is usual for them when the partner with an organization.

Apparently, NVE3 ticket sales were good enough from VOA members for them to track us down. A lot of us don't carry the baggage of the VCA or refused to pick the drama up.

I met Ken Lingenfelter at Amelia and he has partnered with Dream Giveaway for 4 maybe 5 years now.

If you sold or bought Continentals this year, they are a major partner.
    https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/partners

Just trying to be part of the solution here boys. I apologize for the groups drama in not responding, just busy. I am drama free - ask CVOA members. If I had more time in my life, then I'd answer quicker, but I need sleep - I am not Wes & Jeff. Will try to check in 3-4 times tomorrow.

What other questions do you have or, more importantly, ideas to generate revenue? Look forward to helping any little way I can.

JonB - you are right about our charitable service. Can you become the Charitable Director for the VOA? That may be a bridge too far so maybe you can suggest one to work with nationally. I know the CVOA delivered 219 toys, AZVC delivered 350 turkeys (thanks Anil for the email), and others usually do something. However, a larger strategy with an organization(s) that we can work with locally would be great. Love to hear yours and other suggestions. I'll recommend to the 2022 officers and board to create a group to investigate. I'll really appreciate you pointing this out. Now that I am thinking of it, this will be GREAT!!

Gotta go to bed so I can wake up the chickens and milk the cows....

(Apologize for spelling and grammatical errors - I am tired, its freaking car club - not life & death)
    Brian
    99 ACR

GT2 Owners Group

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    The VOA will receive 25% of the ticket sales that use the codes.
    If you would have stated this in the beginning or in response to Dean all the drama would have been avoided. Course then you wouldn’t have the soap box…

VOA Member
    since 2014
    St. Louis
    where did this car come from? is it new old stock/

isn't dream giveaway the shady org that donates like 1 cent of every dollar while pocketing the rest?

Who cares, I won't be buying any tickets

Quote Originally Posted by camarochevy1970 View Post
    isn't dream giveaway the shady org that donates like 1 cent of every dollar while pocketing the rest?
    Here is your opportunity to make people rich by buying tickets to the “Not a chance in hell” give aways.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/giveaways
    2009 SSG ACR Hardcore 1 of 1 before it was cool

2017 SSG ACR-eXtreme 1 of 1 after it was cool

So what I'm hearing is dreams don't become reality?
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Per their FAQ (bold was my highlighting):
    What percentage of the money raised goes to charity?

100% of your donation goes to New Beginning Children's Homes (NBCH), the Sponsor, federal ID #27-5011514, a 501(c) (3) organization, that maintains care, custody and control of all donations received in connection with Dream Giveaway drawings. NBCH is participating to benefit from delivery of a nationwide awareness and call-to-action message, and receive funding to further our important mission. A substantial portion of the donations received are used for costs to produce the giveaways including, but not limited to, purchase of the prizes, federal taxes paid on behalf of the winners, marketing and media costs, printing, licensing fees, credit card processing and other costs associated with the drawings. As a result of donations received by Sponsor, additional grants will be provided to select non-profit organizations.
    Just like the government loan that was taken out, this just seems like (more) bad optics for the club. Not only are we (well, not me for long since I’m probably not renewing this year due to all of the mess, but that’s for another ongoing thread) government supported but now we are getting kickbacks from “charity” raffles…

Not suggesting any bad intent here but it doesn’t sit right with me to be profiting here.
    2006 SRT-10

I hadn't heard of this for-profit giveaway company before... but Omaze is the one that otherwise would come instantly to mind for me.
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS || Matte Bentley Silver | 60k miles || My 97 GTS - Update Thread

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS || 2002 Audi TT Quattro || 1986 Volkswagen GTI

I'll raffle off my 2017 ACRE.

Only one ticket, $220K.

Drawing held locally. Don't need to be present to Win. Drawing held 10 minutes after first and only ticket sold.

just saying..........
    2017 Real ACR 1C3BDECZXHV******

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America
    Please donate 100% of the Viper procedes back to the organization. This is wrong on so many levels as someone is trying to profit from a charity. If this is a shady charitable organization then shame on you for not doing homework on a reputable organization. This was not thought through very well as it has VOA all over it.

This is just another black eye on the club and really makes me wonder on my decision to remain.

Bruce
    2009 ACR GTS Blue with Black stripes (1 of 2)
    MoparGarage.net
    Mopar Knights FB page

[QUOTE=camarochevy1970;451337]isn't dream giveaway a shady org that donates like 1 cent of every dollar while pocketing the rest?[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!.........Also the Arkansas Children's Homes it is affiliated with. Interested persons can Goog several Charity Watchdog groups and see the % that goes to true charity, and the % that goes to fundraising. Caution, often these apparent charities are a subsidiary of some camouflaging trust or holding entity operating them.

So it appears that the VOA may be endorsing a bogus charity-grab Raffle. Or merely lending their logo? The 25% that VOA siphons off is 25% the 'charity' wont be giving the orphans. Proud Day VOA?... [Or should we 'blame' Brian and/or CapVipers?]

As I stated, the VOA has NO charitable pursuits, despite telling the IRS they do. Some VOA regions have performed constant and generous charity works for decades. Like the turkeys, Build-A-Bear, and more. Including OR Region when it existed, we helped raise over $250K for 2 local kids hospitals, with Nothing involving VCA or VOA.

Brian: Your boilerplate reply to most posted questions has been " Solve or Help."

My posts are helpful, intended to shed some sunlight on the dark and hidden recesses of the VOA.

And I HAVE already helped a bit in other ways:

IVR Charter Regional President - 1993-4
    Car&Driver, R+T Viper Forum founder and moderator 94-96
    VCA Co-Founding-14 Regional Presidents 1995
    VCA Founding National Secty-Treasurer 95-99
    VCA Regional President. 95-01
    VCA Proud Sponsor 1996 until [illegally] banned in 2010.
    VOA inaugural and continuous proud sponsor 2013 - present.
    VOA Present - ? Not so proud
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 12-07-2021 at 06:22 PM.

I can't believe the VOA would piggyback on a company that profits for charity. How desperate is the VOA? If you research and read the fine print, these dream giveaway dudes are scoundrels and just legally squeaking by.....but unethical according to my values.

I'm sure this wasn't discussed with the BoD either. Our President knew nothing of it. I hope the Regional Presidents supportive of the VOA will soon realize this kind of crap will continue.

Not available for non USA residents.

"""A substantial portion of the donations received are used for costs to produce the giveaways including, but not limited to, purchase of the prizes, federal taxes paid on behalf of the winners, marketing and media costs, printing, licensing fees, credit card processing and other costs associated with the drawings. As a result of donations received by Sponsor, additional grants will be provided to select non-profit organizations"""

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GTS View Post
    I can't believe the VOA would piggyback on a company that profits for charity. How desperate is the VOA? If you research and read the fine print, these dream giveaway dudes are scoundrels and just legally squeaking by.....but unethical according to my values.

I'm sure this wasn't discussed with the BoD either. Our President knew nothing of it. I hope the Regional Presidents supportive of the VOA will soon realize this kind of crap will continue.

Stellantis will be proud......

Enthusiast
    This is turning into a future business case review of "How to Wreck a Club". So sad and avoidable. Pathetic.
    2008 Venom Red Coupe -- Sold moving toward a GEN V.
    2009 BMW K1300GT Premium Blue
    1983 CB1100F Blue 1980 CBX-A Black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast