Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Viper Rendezvous XIII June 9 12 2022 Registration Open

Sorry, for the delayed post, but I wanted to let you all know that registration is officially open for Viper Rendezvous XIII. (Past participants had early registration just over a week ago and as of last Friday, it is now open to all to register.)

We are now just a little over half full. If you want to join us this year, please sign up soon!

This annual viper only track weekend is hosted at the Motorsport Park in Hastings, NE in June.

NEW FOR 2022
    TRACK RESURFACED
    The track has been newly resurfaced this fall. So, we will have a brand new surface to drive on! It might not be quite as fast, but tire wear will be much improved! One local driver was able to preview the track after resurfacing and 80 miles later, with his street tires, the tires still look brand new!

VIPER RACING LEAGUE
    Also, new will be the addition of the Viper Racing League.
    The Viper Racing League is being newly organized by another group of Viper drivers and their goal is to have multiple racing and time trial events across the country in 2022.
    So, their group asked if they could make the Viper Rendezvous one of their stops this year.

You can participate in Viper Rendezvous one of three ways.
    1) Open lapping with or without an instructor just like you have the past 12 years.
    2) Open lapping and have your lap times be included in the Viper Racing League Time Trial series.
    3) Viper Racing League races which will include daily practice and qualifying sessions as well as 3 races.

Click HERE to Register.

Also, check out the newest Viper Rendezvous video.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Yup - excited for this one!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Bummed, can't make it this year for the VRL race.
    Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E, 2009 ACR
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    All signed up for Time Trials!
    For anyone that wants practice on Thursday, contact Robert Strickland on Facebook!
    Last edited by Arizona Vipers; 01-18-2022 at 07:23 PM.
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Viper Rendezvous HPDE and TT is sold out! You can still register and be placed on a wait list in case of cancelations.

The Viper Race League Race group still has openings if you would like to race.

Congrats to the Rendezvous cadre for selling out this event by mid-February! It's going to be another great one!
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

The repaving of the track was done with a similar asphalt aggregate that was used at Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka. Those of us who run there feel like it is the easiest track on tires in the Midwest. The wear at Hastings should now be virtually the same and the great part is Werner Construction even purchased a new machine and the track has only two seams , not the normal 3. The track will be seasoned some, though, because everything was laid this past October. Those going will be super pleased and it should be a very exciting Event. I know plenty of the Crossroad members of VOA will be there to watch and cheer the Snakecharmers on this serpentine road course.
    Tired and Retired...........just wanna travel or go racing ( autocross or W2W ).

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    I'm really bummed I can't participate. If I get back to town early enough I may drive up to spectate on Sunday.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    The repaving of the track was done with a similar asphalt aggregate that was used at Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka. Those of us who run there feel like it is the easiest track on tires in the Midwest. The wear at Hastings should now be virtually the same and the great part is Werner Construction even purchased a new machine and the track has only two seams , not the normal 3. The track will be seasoned some, though, because everything was laid this past October. Those going will be super pleased and it should be a very exciting Event. I know plenty of the Crossroad members of VOA will be there to watch and cheer the Snakecharmers on this serpentine road course.
    This is great news, last year I chunked one set of my fronts in two sessions. The bad news, it will make my track record easier to beat this year

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Fursty View Post
    Viper Rendezvous HPDE and TT is sold out! You can still register and be placed on a wait list in case of cancelations.

The Viper Race League Race group still has openings if you would like to race.

Does that equate to better grip?
    2008 Viper ACR
    2009 Viper SRT-10X | 190mph Standing Mile | 10.76@133.7mph 1/4 Mile

Keith,

As an asphalt pavement guy, I would take Bill's comments thusly:

Low wear = low abrasion/highly polishing stone. I would guess the aggregates used for the new surface would be soft to medium hardness limestone. This would be a track surface that is very sensitive to greening after the sort of rains we encountered at RA last summer, and very slick at first signs of moisture. But, it probably rubbers-up pretty quickly.

New asphalt pavements have all particles in the matrix covered with asphalt binder. Sun and weather cycles oxidize the binder and tires wear off the binder on the surface particles, leaving bare stone exposed. More loading and weathering, particularly in wheel paths, grinds out the fine aggregate mortar from between the large stones and provides more macro-texture for the tires to bite.
    Last edited by GTS Dean; 02-13-2022 at 04:15 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Repaves that I've done are always a lot faster. Bonduarant East track was worth 2 seconds and it was only 1 mile track, same with Bondurant's main track. But they were really old and nasty before that. Chuckwalla is 2.7 miles and everyone went about 3 seconds faster. COTA just got resurfaced and it's 2-3 seconds faster right now. It's funny when a track gets resurfaced how many old Nasa guys come out of the wood work to snag time trial records.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Repaves that I've done are always a lot faster. It's funny when a track gets resurfaced how many old Nasa guys come out of the wood work to snag time trial records.
    Because it's ALWAYS smoother! And, everyone can explore their own lines to maximum effect before the asphalt wears off the coarse aggregates on the average line.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Because it's ALWAYS smoother! And, everyone can explore their own lines to maximum effect before the asphalt wears off the coarse aggregates on the average line.
    Agreed! And less potholes lol. Our tracks are so bad here.....

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Agreed! And less potholes lol. Our tracks are so bad here.....
    You should plan a weekend at Heartland Park.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Getting Ready - excited!

F9F76C6F-433B-4A73-B39C-6ABC2735C376.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    FYI I'm out this year. I've got too much business stuff going on. We should start betting on who is getting the fastest lap time this year. Bob Woodhouse coming out of retirement for this means he's not messing around, I'm sure he'll put down a scorching lap. Michael Merrit's monster ACR is going to terrorize as well. Who else is going to be chasing these guys?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Bob has my vote.

He has a bazillion laps at Hastings. I heard the surface is fast too!
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Cable it makes me very sad I won't get to see you running this year. The weather is looking really good - maybe we all can peer pressure you into changing your mind?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

I will stick up for my old Boss and bet he puts down some killer laps, but the funny thing is he really does not have that many laps at MPH. Sure the Dealerships he started are in Nebraska, but he has been retired and living in Texas for a decade plus. Letting folks know because the sly old fox is just plain fast and he may let others know he has alot of track time in Hastings, when in reality there are others with many more hours destroying the asphalt in the city where Kool Aid was originally made.

Look forward to seeing folks at the Rendezvous, it is always a fun time and the newly repaved track may be just getting really seasoned in ---only time will tell, but we will all find out this coming weekend!
    Tired and Retired...........just wanna travel or go racing ( autocross or W2W ).

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Thawk97 View Post
    Cable it makes me very sad I won't get to see you running this year. The weather is looking really good - maybe we all can peer pressure you into changing your mind?
    hehe thanks buddy! Trust me it sucks, it's just not possible this year. I'm in the middle of selling my business, so if this goes through I'll never miss an event again!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    I will stick up for my old Boss and bet he puts down some killer laps, but the funny thing is he really does not have that many laps at MPH. Sure the Dealerships he started are in Nebraska, but he has been retired and living in Texas for a decade plus. Letting folks know because the sly old fox is just plain fast and he may let others know he has alot of track time in Hastings, when in reality there are others with many more hours destroying the asphalt in the city where Kool Aid was originally made.

Look forward to seeing folks at the Rendezvous, it is always a fun time and the newly repaved track may be just getting really seasoned in ---only time will tell, but we will all find out this coming weekend!
    For this event, the fastest time isn't just for the fastest car or fastest driver, it takes extreme strategy, timing and a lots of luck due to the no-open passing rules. You WILL hit traffic on every single lap. Too many people coming on track late with cold tires etc. Out of the fastest guys, it will come down to if one gets that magic lap with no traffic.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Oh, I understand Cable, because unlike Bobby Woodhouse I do have a bazillion miles on this track and at barely over 2 miles long it can be hard to get a full lap without traffic. It can be done and I imagine those who have run super fast laps in the past will again conquer MPH with Viper speed. We need to get you back in the future as the track takes a little strategy, though it is really not that extreme, and when you come back and figure that out, you could be even more dangerous than you already are!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast