Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magazine

Still nothing in the UK

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Any members who have not received this latest magazine issue by now should provide their membership numbers here and I will give it to a person that can check the list used to mail magazines.

If for some reason a member is not on the list, that needs to be addressed, and if they're on the list and have not received the magazine then that is another kind of investigation.

Thank you.

Kurt #203
    Mike #4055
    500ram #2040
    RCVIPER #2065
    Last edited by Bruce H.; 02-03-2022 at 10:00 PM. Reason: updated list
    2014 SRT Black TA, 77,000 kms. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 22,000 kms. Sometimes you want to fly under the radar...and fly it does!

500ram #2040

Still waiting on my magazines, too.

James #3665
    1998 Viper GTS | 2017 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    Any members who have not received this latest magazine issue by now should provide their membership numbers here and I will give it to a person that can check the list used to mail magazines.

If for some reason a member is not on the list, that needs to be addressed, and if they're on the list and have not received the magazine then that is another kind of investigation.

Thank you.

Fatboy 18
    Cost4133 #3895
    Stevert, yours arrive?
    Kurt #203
    Bruce H. #1620
    Mike #4055
    500ram #2040
    James #3665
    I've given this list of those missing magazines to our VP to have tracked. If anyone on this list has now received theirs please let me know right away to save time tracking. Thank you.
    2014 SRT Black TA, 77,000 kms. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 22,000 kms. Sometimes you want to fly under the radar...and fly it does!

None of the UK 2021 members have there magazines.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    None of the UK 2021 members have there magazines.
    How current is that intel?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    How current is that intel?
    Very current! Mine hasn't arrived, I'm not aware of any UK magazines arriving #2357

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicbloo View Post
    Very current! Mine hasn't arrived, I'm not aware of any UK magazines arriving #2357
    Thanks, will have all checked.

I got mine actually

Any international members and past members got theirs yet?
    Nothing here yet?

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Any international members and past members got theirs yet?
    Nothing here yet?
    Yes to both. Missing magazines are being looked into currently.

Anyone who hasn't received theirs should add their name and member # here to be checked out.

Some really long and unexplained delays in postal service are being experienced as indicated by some in the same region receiving their quickly and others 3 weeks later. Crazy.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Central California
    I haven't received mine yet.. and I'm in California.

Member #2065

Quote Originally Posted by RCVIPER View Post
    I haven't received mine yet.. and I'm in California.

Member #2065
    Well there's no hope for us then lol

Mine arrived today in the UK, thanks for your help Bruce

Wow, nothing here yet.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Excellent! No one can take any credit for that at this end though, it's just the crazy workings of the postal service. I still haven't received mine yet in Canada, while other not far from me have.

I did get mine Bruce

Wesley Frasard
    VOA National Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Alright, I need to give this until 2 February and then I will start the next steps... Why you may ask? Because I received the final invoice this past week; the international shipping cost killed us ($4,778.58 or about $23.89/mag) compared to the entire US shipping cost ($2,749.74 or about $1.83/mag). I understand that the shipping weight for the internationals, coming it at about 1lb each, is what drove the price through the roof.

Just another reason why we now requiring all invoices in advance before the first magazine gets printing and before the first magazine gets mailing.

By the cost of it, you would think it was shipped with some sort of priority and/or tracking.

Bruce I am tracking the list you sent me on the DriveViper e-mail.
    2005 Copperhead #10/300 - Sold
    2014 Carbon Edition #37/50 Project - Completed
    2013 MEDUSA Replica Project - In the works!

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Hopefully by offering a digital option and pricing options for both hard and electronic copies you can mitigate the expenses Wes.
    Charter Member , SS OHIO

I presume by international members you are including Canada in that? I don't think even UPS or fed Ex would charge over 4k for 24 magazines.

Wesley Frasard
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    I presume by international members you are including Canada in that? I don't think even UPS or fed Ex would charge over 4k for 24 magazines.
    It includes anyone outside the United States.

The more detailed break-out is as follows:

1) Domestic US = $2469.74 - USPS
    2) Domestic US = $ 280.00 - UPS (Looking into this one a little more as I need to understand why?)
    3) Canada .......= $2833.90
    4) International = $1944.68
    ...............Total = $7528.32 for a total shipping Fee (there were 1925 total printed magazines)

Wesley Frasard
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Here is some of the responses provided to shipping complaints from USPS:

Domestic Shipping Excuses!

New delivery changes, which started Oct. 1, lengthen the delivery time for about 30% of its volume. That means that letters, parcels and magazine subscriptions traveling longer distances. Delivery times depend on where the piece is going, the type of mail piece, as well as the time of year and workload of the postal service. USPS has struggled with poor delivery performance over the past year, facing a huge boost in packages and staffing issues due to the coronavirus pandemic. First Class mail is delivered faster by the USPS than Bulk or Standard mail:

- First Class Mail can be pre-sorted to qualify for a discounted bulk mail rates, but a minimum of 500 pieces are required - this was too pricey for us, so not really an option.

- Standard Mail. Bulk (Standard) mail is generally delivered by the USPS in 2-5 days locally and 1 – 4 weeks nationally - This is the rate that cost domestic shipments to be less than $1.85 per magazine.

International Shipping Excuses!

Also with the new changes, USPS commitments were also affect by how long international shipments take and USPS is working hard to uphold international services, though notably, USPS has suspended Priority Mail Express International guarantees and extended their Service Commitments.

Typically, Priority Mail International shipments take 6-10 business days for delivery, while First Class International shipments take anywhere from 1-4 weeks. This is, of course, in addition to any extra customs processing times in the country of origin and destination.

In times like these, you’ll need to factor in at least 1-2 extra weeks of transit time for international shipments. The reasoning here is as follows:

USPS uses commercial airlines to transport international packages. With the extreme drop in international travel, it’s taking way longer for shipments to make it onto planes for transport overseas

There are only 5 international service centers, located in New York, Miami, Chicago, and San Fransisco. All of these facilities are super backed up, given the volume of shipments currently being processed for transport

Delivery times in destination countries are slow, due to the effects of the Coronavirus on their own postal services. Route suspensions in a number of countries also heavily affect the ability of postal workers to deliver shipments like normal

Not that any of this helps anybody who has yet to receive their magazine... just providing you what we are getting in response to some of our questions.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Thanks for all your work on this Wes. The extra weight caused by combining 2 magazine issues unexpectedly and dramatically increased mailing costs. I hope you know exactly what weight the mag needs to stay under in the future to qualify for the lowest rates.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    We received our last magazine finally here in Florida. Though the delay was due to our mail being delivered to Michigan and then forwarded in batch by my son. Since he was here in Florida also through the 15th the long delay was expected.

It seems like there would be significant savings in having the thick paper only for the cover and maybe a center insert. Not sure what value the really thick bond has, and as can be seen with the postage costs, the added weight has more cost than the paper alone.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast