Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida

Next BIG track adventure amp The Viper Showdown

My next adventure. TheViperShowdown is 10/7-10/9 and registration opens for it tomorrow 4/8 at Indianapolis. This is going to be a rare opportunity to get on the road course for an HPDE and it just happens to coincide with a Viper Days reunion, WINNING!!! Anyway here is the rest of my schedule if anyone is around and wants to join:

10/1-10/2 NCM (yes I want to see the sink hole and take a picture of the ACR in front of the corvette museum)
    This event was canceled by the promoter when they heard an ACR-Extreme was coming. Good news is same dates we will be going back to Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama.

10/2-10/3 VIR (this time I am breaking the production car record w/ my non production car, so I need some help )
    10/7-10/8 Mid-Ohio
    10/9 Indianapolis
    10/12 PITT
    10/14 Rockingham

HMU if you want to join, I already booked hotels and track days for the ones that registration open already.
    Last edited by TheWessss; 06-21-2022 at 09:58 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    I should be at the Indy event for sure!
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    North Texas
    Hey everyone, this will be the Viper Event of the year. All those attending the Road America "Viper Days Reunion" last August insisted that we repeat the format and do this again. Only this time we included an HPDE portion so those who drive their vipers to the event can get them on the famous Brick Yard for lots of laps. You will get more track time than Bob Lutz did in 95 when the 96 Viper Coupe was the Pace Car for the 500 here. Plenty of details available at the links posted, get signed up before you run out of luck.

"Hello all, you may have seen an email come through a few weeks back about a Viper event coming up this year and it mentioned a site going live at some point for registration. I checked yesterday and the site is live, so anyone interested in attending please have a look and sign up!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1171435116937460/
    https://thevipershowdown.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/3129529967268231/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/428192897867621/

Here is what you National Viper Club president Mike Kuchavik is saying about it:

"The gist of the event is watching an 8 hour endurance race with fellow Viper enthusiasts in our own VIP suite as well as a Viper specific car show and banquet. There are also opportunities to compete in the Viper Racing League in both race and time trial format as well as a more general HPDE style setup. Bob Woodhouse is organizing things and it looks to be quite the event! There have a block of hotel rooms available as well at a very nice rate that you can get to via the "accommodations" link at the top of the page. Should be a great opportunity to see Vipers duking it out on track and being driven how they were meant to!"
    Bob Woodhouse

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    North Texas
    Oops, pulled the trigger before proof reading, if post doesn't make sense, my bad, hope you can decipher it.
    Bob Woodhouse

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Bob, us Old Dudes here in Indiana are really looking forward to this event !!

I think the folks who became Viper owners after the demise of Viper Days have no idea what a great group of people attended, raced, or participated in some way. Nor do they have any clue as to the amount of fun we had. There was so much to learn about driving these Beasts...as well as learning to repair and maintain them.

Hopefully our current Members as well as other owners will pay attention to these threads and plan to attend this "once in a lifetime event".

THANKS for all you are doing Bob to make this happen !!!
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWessss View Post
    My next adventure. TheViperShowdown is 10/7-10/9 and registration opens for it tomorrow 4/8 at Indianapolis. This is going to be a rare opportunity to get on the road course for an HPDE and it just happens to coincide with a Viper Days reunion, WINNING!!! Anyway here is the rest of my schedule if anyone is around and wants to join:

10/1-10/2 NCM (yes I want to see the sink hole and take a picture of the ACR in front of the corvette museum)
    10/2-10/3 VIR (this time I am breaking the production car record w/ my non production car, so I need some help )
    10/7-10/8 Mid-Ohio
    10/9 Indianapolis
    10/12 PITT
    10/14 Rockingham

HMU if you want to join, I already booked hotels and track days for the ones that registration open already.
    I've got a bunch of friends and family in NW Ohio, so I might try to do Mid-Ohio and Indy. Need to check schedules first.
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS || Matte Graphite | 63k miles || Project Thread

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS || 2002 Audi TT Quattro || 1986 Volkswagen GTI

Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    BOSS BOB............. "Have Pace Car....Will Travel" JonB

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Woodhouse View Post
    Hey everyone, this will be the Viper Event of the year. All those attending the Road America "Viper Days Reunion" last August insisted that we repeat the format and do this again. Only this time we included an HPDE portion so those who drive their vipers to the event can get them on the famous Brick Yard for lots of laps. You will get more track time than Bob Lutz did in 95 when the 96 Viper Coupe was the Pace Car for the 500 here. Plenty of details available at the links posted, get signed up before you run out of luck.

"Hello all, you may have seen an email come through a few weeks back about a Viper event coming up this year and it mentioned a site going live at some point for registration. I checked yesterday and the site is live, so anyone interested in attending please have a look and sign up!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1171435116937460/
    https://thevipershowdown.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/3129529967268231/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/428192897867621/

Here is what you National Viper Club president Mike Kuchavik is saying about it:

"The gist of the event is watching an 8 hour endurance race with fellow Viper enthusiasts in our own VIP suite as well as a Viper specific car show and banquet. There are also opportunities to compete in the Viper Racing League in both race and time trial format as well as a more general HPDE style setup. Bob Woodhouse is organizing things and it looks to be quite the event! There have a block of hotel rooms available as well at a very nice rate that you can get to via the "accommodations" link at the top of the page. Should be a great opportunity to see Vipers duking it out on track and being driven how they were meant to!"
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston
    Already registered. Looking forward to this.
    2017 Dealer Edition ACR-E, 2014 Adonized Carbon Edition, ACR-X #16
    5 other past Vipers across the years

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Bill P., are you going to make this one?
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.