VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming

2022 One Lap of America

Starts this Saturday. Shout out to ViperGeorge! I believe he is the only Viper this year. This is also something like his 25th year straight participating. After putting 3000 road miles on his Gen5 and several tracks this week, he will be at Viper Rendezvous next month. That is what I call going strong in retirement!

Tracks this year include Barber, Nashville Superspeedway Roval, Carolina Motorsports Park, Hallett, Heartland Park.
    See schedule here: http://www.onelapofamerica.com/curre....do?eventId=42

If you are close by, stop by and give him a shout! Have fun George!
    2016 Dodge Viper TA 2.0 9LX, 2014 SRT Viper TA # 3
    2+2=5

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    I'll be at Heartland next week! Looking forward to meeting George in person!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

George is the Ironman and really cool to see him continuing his long running stint in the One Lap race. I would have to believe he has the record for most runs in the Series and pretty cool that most of them have been in a Viper. The last few years he has run one of the Limited Edition Woodhouse Edition ACR/TAs and it has to be the only one actually being driven heavily, since most are just sitting in garages.
    Tired and Retired...........just wanna travel or go racing ( autocross or W2W ).

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Hi, Bill !!

I HOPE to catch up with George at the Putnam Park location.

Have a great event, George!!
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

I remember the days of you helping many Viper owners get to know the joy of driving their Vipers at Speed with Viper Days. You have always been a great ambassador for all types of Viper Events and I remember the good times with you at Putnam Park those many years ago. Give George my best when you see him!
    Tired and Retired...........just wanna travel or go racing ( autocross or W2W ).

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Will do, my friend !

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Kick some butt George!
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Bill, as I glanced down the entrant list, it was good to see a couple of former Viper drivers: Steve Loudin (last year's winner) as well as Steve Byington (former IN/KY member).
    Of course, we can't forget good friend Luke Pavlick from Tire Rack. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing George's ACR/TA.

Here's wishing fun and good luck to ALL of the participants !!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Wow, that is a great list and super great to see so many Viper drivers or Viper enthusiasts running in the event , even if they are in other machines. Appreciate you posting again about all the guys many of us have known for quite a long time.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Man, looks like rain Thursday. Still planning on going as long as it's not a downpour.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

any good links to follow along?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Went out yesterday to watch for a few hours. Track was pretty wet in the morning and started drying off by early afternoon.

George's car look like it ran well! Had a couple of buddies in their 911 throw down a few fast laps.

Super neat people! Would love to do something like this when I'm semi-retired haha
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Wet here today as well.

George and Steve are hanging in there in the only Viper entry (Sweet car!!!). Steve Loudin is still holding 1st in the Vette. Saw Luke Pavlick who came to Putnam Park with his Son today after a mechanical DNF earlier in the week. I never did see Steve Byington's Toyota...must have been on course or fueling.

Happy to see some Viper friends are still in this event.

Good luck to ALL !!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Indy View Post
    Wet here today as well.

George and Steve are hanging in there in the only Viper entry (Sweet car!!!). Steve Loudin is still holding 1st in the Vette. Saw Luke Pavlick who came to Putnam Park with his Son today after a mechanical DNF earlier in the week. I never did see Steve Byington's Toyota...must have been on course or fueling.

Happy to see some Viper friends are still in this event.

Good luck to ALL !!
    I can't imagine how exhausted everyone, and their cars, are. Such a tough event!

If you have time go say hello to Scott Donaghue and Jay Dee Krull in the 2014 Porsche Turbo. They'll probably have a Garmin tent set up, Jay Dee is one of guys that developed the Catalyst.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Sorry that I was home before seeing your post. In spite of the cool, wet weather, things seemed to be going along well for the group. Admittedly, most folks looked a bit fatigued after the drive from KS. It would have been nice to have had good weather at Putman Park today...but it just wasn't in the cards. Things should improve for tomorrow at TireRack.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

I Jay Dee Krull is a solid driver and I have to admit the work he and others have done on the Garmin Catalyst has impressed me and I have one coming quite soon. Price is as much as a AIM camera but it does that and so much more. Thanks for the reports Steve and Nick, I have doing this on my bucket list and turned down some offers back when I was working ------
    Now that I am older and not working those same folks who asked me to run with them seemed to have disappeared, ha. Heh, only have to stop every 200 miles to pee, what's the problem, haha.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Indy View Post
    Sorry that I was home before seeing your post. In spite of the cool, wet weather, things seemed to be going along well for the group. Admittedly, most folks looked a bit fatigued after the drive from KS. It would have been nice to have had good weather at Putman Park today...but it just wasn't in the cards. Things should improve for tomorrow at TireRack.
    I can't imagine. That's a haul in a regular, comfortable car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    I Jay Dee Krull is a solid driver and I have to admit the work he and others have done on the Garmin Catalyst has impressed me and I have one coming quite soon. Price is as much as a AIM camera but it does that and so much more. Thanks for the reports Steve and Nick, I have doing this on my bucket list and turned down some offers back when I was working ------
    Now that I am older and not working those same folks who asked me to run with them seemed to have disappeared, ha. Heh, only have to stop every 200 miles to pee, what's the problem, haha.
    Agreed. That Catalyst is awesome. I do wish it had a few more features such as Bluetooth to an OBDII reader to get rpms, throttle and brake mapping, etc. But, I'm really happy with it.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    CONGRATS to ALL who won...as well as to ALL who participated !!