VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis

NASA Central Heartland Park

The weather was beautiful on Saturday, got a little warm, but nothing too crazy. Unfortunately Sunday was a wash, literally, as I was only planning on making the 1st session then heading home for some soccer and baseball, but there was a torrential downpour first thing so I left. Ended up not being a big deal, fastest lap of the day was 10 seconds off my record from last year so I can't imagine I would've improved on it.

Car ran phenomenal. I made a lot of changes this offseason with motor work, suspension, some aero adjustments and a whole lot of pixie dust. This was the first day out the car ran all day with zero issues or concerns. We're still making some suspension changes and such, dialing in tire (tyre, depending on VOA member) pressures and I just need more seat time with it; it's a new monster all over again. I have about 7 laps in as it sits, looking forward to getting some more time in it and finding time all over the place!

I was able to put together a 1:41.6 which was the best of the day, kinda. My buddy, Brad Perkins, owns Chicane Motorsports out of Olathe, KS, helped me with the suspension work in the off season and came to the track with me to make some last subtle adjustments. There was a little push in turns 3 and 12 so we adjusted the low speed compression in the rear and he took it out for the last session of the day to verify it was better. He ended up running a 1:39.66 followed by a 1:39.38, both track records. We're both positive there's at least another 1-1.5 seconds in the car as it sits. At that point, who knows, may throw some more aero at it.

Brad's record lap:

My fastest lap:

This front blew in during the driver's meeting Sunday and led to me packing up and heading out without running.

20220515_070752.jpg
    Last edited by 13COBRA; 05-16-2022 at 08:18 AM.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Absolutely Love it..! VCC #3 Back in the Lime Light. Damn she sounds sweeeeeet.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    Absolutely Love it..! VCC #3 Back in the Lime Light. Damn she sounds sweeeeeet.
    By far the best sounding car at the track. Next time out I need to get someone to record it from outside the car.

The new cam lope is incredible as well.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Very impressive driving by both of you! Car sounds awesome
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Very impressive driving by both of you! Car sounds awesome
    Thanks Cable! Still pretty tame compared to yours! haha
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    The organizers sent me a few pictures their photographer took.

I really need to either rebuild my jacks or get new ones. The front left one was hanging down an inch or two, could've been ugly.

DSC03917.jpg

DSC04004.jpg

DSC04073.jpg

DSC05383.jpg
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Best sounding car on track by far, no joke!!!! This is absolutely such a true statement that always made me chuckle because 4 Viper owners would be at the track whining that their Snake sounded like a UPS truck on fire while every other person who had a different car would walk up to Snakecharmers and exclaim , " Gawd, that is the most wicked car on track I have ever heard!" Still remember a guy with a 911 Turbo who came up to me when I was running my 08 ACR and he commented that my Viper simply sounded sinister where his Porsche resembled a " Kirby Vacuum Sweeper! " This was doubly funny to me as my late Grandfather Pemberton sold Kirby Sweepers.

When Nick fires up the Comp Coupe it is like the old EF Hutton advertisement , " When the Viper awakes people listen!"

Great runs Nick and the sound bouncing off the concrete walls when you go down the straights is a cacophony of a shrieking banshee and Corvette children run in fear!
    Tired and Retired...........just wanna travel or go racing ( autocross or W2W ).

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Best sounding car on track by far, no joke!!!! This is absolutely such a true statement that always made me chuckle because 4 Viper owners would be at the track whining that their Snake sounded like a UPS truck on fire while every other person who had a different car would walk up to Snakecharmers and exclaim , " Gawd, that is the most wicked car on track I have ever heard!" Still remember a guy with a 911 Turbo who came up to me when I was running my 08 ACR and he commented that my Viper simply sounded sinister where his Porsche resembled a " Kirby Vacuum Sweeper! " This was doubly funny to me as my late Grandfather Pemberton sold Kirby Sweepers.

When Nick fires up the Comp Coupe it is like the old EF Hutton advertisement , " When the Viper awakes people listen!"

Great runs Nick and the sound bouncing off the concrete walls when you go down the straights is a cacophony of a shrieking banshee and Corvette children run in fear!
    Thanks Bill!

I think the V10 is definitely an acquired taste, but I love it. The new GT3 Mustang may be able to pry me away from the VCC, but I doubt it.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    Nick, great video and you CC sounds strong!!! Wrap looks good and I need to have your guys come to Cali and do some maintenance on mine. If I remeber their 1/2 price of what I pay.

I thought I had sent you info on where to get the air jacks rebuilt? If not send me a note or text.

BTW, wiring harness is on the way to Dan Cragin, hope to T&T in the next 30 days!
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Nick, great video and you CC sounds strong!!! Wrap looks good and I need to have your guys come to Cali and do some maintenance on mine. If I remeber their 1/2 price of what I pay.

I thought I had sent you info on where to get the air jacks rebuilt? If not send me a note or text.

BTW, wiring harness is on the way to Dan Cragin, hope to T&T in the next 30 days!
    I sent them an email and called, never heard back from them!

Nice, getting close!! Just in time for it to be 200 degrees out there haha
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    Wow, Thanks odd they didn't get back to you?? Might want to try again, small shop

Yeah, heat is climbing but track times don't matter for a T&T and a few local tracks do Friday T&T's with no crowds.

I'm shooting for a late July and then an early August weekends at Laguna on a high db event. Weather is like at my place, high's around 75 degrees.
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Wow, Thanks odd they didn't get back to you?? Might want to try again, small shop

Yeah, heat is climbing but track times don't matter for a T&T and a few local tracks do Friday T&T's with no crowds.

I'm shooting for a late July and then an early August weekends at Laguna on a high db event. Weather is like at my place, high's around 75 degrees.
    I'll give them a holler again, thanks Mike.

EDIT: Could you resend me their info? I'm not sure what I did with it.
    Last edited by 13COBRA; 05-19-2022 at 11:05 AM.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    RACE PARTS XPRESS
    4486 Providence Mill Rd
    Maiden NC 28650
    (828)428-0820

ASK FOR WENDELL

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    RACE PARTS XPRESS
    4486 Providence Mill Rd
    Maiden NC 28650
    (828)428-0820

ASK FOR WENDELL
    Out of the office until tomorrow, I'll call back! Thanks again.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post

Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10